Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seriously, fuck this game sometimes. Climbed from 2600 to 2950 tonight and internet drops in a game and I come back down over 50 points and banned.

Also, people in plat are so toxic, it's really funny. Whenever I forget to completely mute the team, which is rarely, these plat dickwads are always shit talking my soldier play, yet I've climbed to diamond 3 times on 2 accounts over 2 seasons strickly on the back of soldier one trick with a 65+% win rate, while they're maxing out in mid platinum. I swear that half of being stuck in plat is actually taking anything these morons say to heart.

In some ways, it sort of sucks. I would love to play Rein a bit more, but dealing with these self absorbed 18 year olds is painful and you really need communication to rein properly.

Shit talks toxic people. Comes to rere to go full toxic.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Toxic meaning putting down or being overly critical of players while they're trying to do their job. I assume you knew this, but good try anyway.

Do people suck sometimes? Sure, often. I'm not a believer that rubbing it in their face serves much of a purpose.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I really loved watching seagull when he was only genji, before the initial nerfs. It was super fluid and crazy. Don't really mind him sticking to those heroes hut his stream lost the magic for me.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I don't watch much streaming. I enjoy Seagull mostly because he is calm, and it's relaxing to watch him play. I also like that most of what he says is game related, he comments on what he's doing and why, what his team or the other team is doing, it's good for improving your own gameplay.

I enjoy Harbleu also, he's very similar in that he's calm, talks about the game, so again nice opportunity to learn. Harbleu plays a lot of Roadhog which I am doing these days so that's a plus.

Saw a Seagull game where he's playing Torbjon, and during a Graviton Surge by Zarya, he molten cored and went in swinging his hammer and he got like 3-4 kills and PoTG.:)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Not sure I agree with their method here. The game really hasn't even proved it has the ability to draw people in as a mass spectator esport yet. This whole league thing they have been pushing for the last year has basically killed the growth of the competitive scene as a whole. It definitely doesn't bode well that all these teams are jumping ship.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was listening to MoonMoon the other day basically say he thinks the "Pro" OW circuit is somewhat of a joke. It's just not enough of a real pool of players and not enough tournies and stuff to matter. He was saying for weeks he could be pro (he could) but there's a lot less money and joy in it than streaming and Seagull has followed suit. Moon DID say, however, that he's really excited for the OW League because then you'll have regional teams and no name players rise up and stuff. If they seriously had a 20+ team ELeague I could see it being pretty cool to watch, but right now all the pro shit is boring as fuck. It's 4/6 players the same on each team most maps and most fights are just deathball shit and hoping the one guy flanking with Ult did it better than the other guy flanking with his Ult.

Tenks

Moonmoon could be pro if you believe Kotik's statement on there being 75,000 pro-level OW players. Fact is Moon doesn't scrim and has never scrimmed so he's just assuming being pro is simple mechanics. Professional Overwatch is a completely different game than Moon duo queue in Comp.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Holy shit >3500 is easy.

I mean I have lost some games, and one particular to my own fault specifically. Acquired a friends account who quit, to help my duo queue partner to go from 2800 to 3300 in one night.

On that note, i'd happily play w/ whoever.. if you're lower I'll have to find another account which shouldn't be impossible. Quite a few people I know played then stopped.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Moonmoon could be pro if you believe Kotik's statement on there being 75,000 pro-level OW players. Fact is Moon doesn't scrim and has never scrimmed so he's just assuming being pro is simple mechanics. Professional Overwatch is a completely different game than Moon duo queue in Comp.

He doesn't duo queue, he solo queues. Also, he said specifically he could be pro IF he played 12 hours a day and scrimmed like the pros do. He by no means said he could walk onto a team and be a contender. He was basically saying the pro field really isn't as pro as it is other games and any Joe top 500 can PROBABLY land on a team if they put in the time practicing with a team.

Also if you don't like MoonMoon then FUCK YOU!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, I chose the wrong career path...I was watching Seagull's stream yesterday. Someone gave him $200, yes two hundred, and then like 5 minutes later the same guy gave him another $200, yes that's two hundred again. That's not counting the $5 dollars subscription or donation he gets like every 10-15 minutes or so.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
$200 ain't nuthin'

You get some whales making donations to some of these streamers. Thousands.

Tenks

Fuck, I chose the wrong career path...I was watching Seagull's stream yesterday. Someone gave him $200, yes two hundred, and then like 5 minutes later the same guy gave him another $200, yes that's two hundred again. That's not counting the $5 dollars subscription or donation he gets like every 10-15 minutes or so.

My dream is to come back as an instagram model

Cybsled

Siractionslacks (dota2 personality) once had someone give him like close to 1k during a twitch stream and he was like "why??" and was literally moved to tears.