Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
And crashed again, Method is playin now. Anyone know any of overwatch's server engineers? They should attach a debugger to the server running complexity's match.

AFAIK they're aware of the issue. It just isn't a priority 1 deal because it only happens when spectators are in the match.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Reworked some of my overwatch configurations, had this guy 4k rated mcree go through it with me. Realized i had my FPS limited based on user display, aka 70 fps.. guys like you need at least 150 for hit scanning, so set it to custom 300 and jumped up to 150. I usually play in windowed mode, guy had me go to full screen, jumped to 230 fps. set most things to low quality or off, render scale at 75% and resolution from 1920 to 1280 and I'm capping at 300 fps. Went to 800 dpi, 6 ticks out of 11 ticks on the windows control panel sensitivity, then 10 ingame sensitivity (he had it at 5 but i couldnt do a 360 from one side of my mousepad to the other so I upped it). Aiming seems lot easier with mcree and soldier than before.

Interesting stuff though, to think I was missing out on some of this, my mouse movement is hella smoother now.

Only annoying issue is I have EQ minimized and when I go full screen overwatch, I get a render error on EQ and it crashes. guess I'll have to do offline bazaar mode.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Only annoying issue is I have EQ minimized and when I go full screen overwatch, I get a render error on EQ and it crashes. guess I'll have to do offline bazaar mode.

Have that issue when I start Dota or overwatch while EQ is up. Think it's just shitty old EQ's fault.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
More merry melee stuff about to start:

Power went out at the C9 house during their map draft so they are about to restart

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Reworked some of my overwatch configurations, had this guy 4k rated mcree go through it with me. Realized i had my FPS limited based on user display, aka 70 fps.. guys like you need at least 150 for hit scanning, so set it to custom 300 and jumped up to 150. I usually play in windowed mode, guy had me go to full screen, jumped to 230 fps. set most things to low quality or off, render scale at 75% and resolution from 1920 to 1280 and I'm capping at 300 fps. Went to 800 dpi, 6 ticks out of 11 ticks on the windows control panel sensitivity, then 10 ingame sensitivity (he had it at 5 but i couldnt do a 360 from one side of my mousepad to the other so I upped it). Aiming seems lot easier with mcree and soldier than before.

Interesting stuff though, to think I was missing out on some of this, my mouse movement is hella smoother now.

Try windowed full screen mode

Xevy

Log Wizard
Diamond rating. Took about 7 hours of total Comp. Now I can just play with people and not worry when I nosedive 500+ points. My group basically used 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 dps meta. We ran into the 3 tank/2heals thing once or twice, but if you support your tank to plow through one or two of theirs it's pretty easy pickings after that.

Ana feels like a must on attack now. I love just plowing into the enemy as Reinhardt to begin then an Ana grenade immediately gives me the power to just fucking whack everyone to death. Soldiers seem like obligatory too for the most part to truly counter Pharahs, which are very abundant right now.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I really hope Envyus keeps Mickie, not only because hes my thai national brethren but his performance deserves it.

They do something to the mouse/sensitivity?
I don't think so? if you're referring to the entire derail of mouse sens talk. I think its more the idea that naturally people think that high sensitivity is the go-to when its actually the exact opposite. It's a lot easier to have low sens when you're someone who elbow swings rather than pivot and/or rely on wrist movement. The people who do better with high sens are usually people that are purely in the wrist. Me on the other hand, people sit in my hair my left arm rest is hiked way up to allow my elbow to sit, while my left is sunkened as low as possible to allow my elbow full range of motion.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Blizzard really did a good job with S3. A lot of people are complaining, and I was placed in the critically braindead ranking, but the matches down here are actually much more competitive than a lot of the stuff I saw in gold last season. Beyond the ego thing, it feels a lot smoother than before

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had a tie, 4 losses, and 5 wins and it put me 1698. I lost the next match and lost 20 points, then won a short dorado and got 46, so I'll probably climb a bit.

Fruit

Lord Nagafen Raider
in S2 I was 2700, went 4-6 (hanzo pros, man) and was placed at 2000. I was quite annoyed but honestly the climb hasn't been so bad as you guys said, I went from 2100 to 2500 just today with a win streak of probably 7 or so. I'd just suggest you not chance the gold queue because you will get idiots despite the average skill increasing, try to find a 6 man crew just so they will accept they might need to switch characters.

Matches are taking a long time because It's challenging, dunno if It's the 6 man crew aspect or just generally good skill matching, but It's always close. Climb is somewhat slow due to that but much more enjoyable

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Went 7-2-1 and dropped down about 100 pts to 2250, but I agree with what everyone is saying. Matches have been pretty intense and well balanced so far.

DonBenno

Molten Core Raider
Went from 2800 last season to 1900 in S3, already up to gold an i agree with everyone else in saying the matches seem far more fair. Whats everyones thoughts on soldier vs mcree, im a steady 50-60% accuracy on mcree and still prefer him