Overwatch

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's a ton of ways to not become good. A lot of people in this thread have a mindset that would keep them from improving much at 16 hours a day :p Not to mention that "over practicing" is actually a thing, if you're really trying to master something, you have to take breaks and diversify.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Were not talking about being good, isn't like 2700 average? 1400 is like having the coordination to slam your dick in a door

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Love when you get one of these! lol wait for the shield to go down then unleash

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I started at 1400, went up to 1800...and been stuck around 1700 since.

I have about 60% win rate when I play Reaper, where I feel I can carry some games. I just can't be on him all the time, he's either picked or we have no tank or heals and I end up switching to one.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
1400 could be anything. Just not trying very much, play what you want no matter team comp on either side, refuse to coordinate with team (I know you don't get 6-man coordination at 1400 but sometimes coordinating with 1 other person is all you need, comp wise or other), spending too much time raging at your team, not focusing on what you're doing, etc.

Hell, could be playing with a controller because that's what they like for all I know.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya thats odd. I placed on my new smurf lastnight at 2522 with 6 wins 4 losses, my last placement I was the only non rated person and was some diamonds in the game it threw me off cause I went DPS to help offset the shitters. But when I was leveling up to 25 I noticed the quick play queues got long and I was only playing with people level 85 and higher so maybe inner rating prior to placement matches.

Also during the scrims I did lastnight with some season 2 buddies, had a top 500 player spectate us and gave a lot of good tips. I think you can play hours and hours a day but if you dont have someone that knows what they're doing critique you, then you might never realize it.

I learned that when I went from doing 3v3 in wow to 5v5 where you really had to coordinate your kills and line of sight or youd get instagibbed by a team that saw your ass peaking out and had their coordination down. Taught me a lot and made me realize need to make friends with higher ups that can give you good tips =p

alternatively, you could go to overbuff.com and watch some of the top streamers, find one that plays your class and watch what they do, who they focus, etc

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It also depends a lot on the character you're playing. Like for example, I always thought I was a "decent" Lucio and according to OverSumo, I'm a "diamond" Lucio player and Grandmaster or whatever in some categories. Then I look at my Sombra, and I suck dick. I look at my tracer and I suck dick. I look at my Roadhog and I'm platinum. Just weird. Maybe some people are more adept at certain classes/playstyles.... because gosh darnit, I tried real hard on every character!!111

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
1100 is crazy low damn. What were you last season? Typically people are being placed several hundred below their max from last season. My friend who didn't play last season ranked Super high.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Checked oversumo, not sure how reliable that is but ranked master on Pharah haha. Yes! Just in time to go to my head.

I do feel sometimes I can carry with her as long as the other team isn't focusing me 100% (ie dumb asses)

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Neat app, hard to believe 50% is platinum, the feel goods.
I feel like it's good policy to lay down a good base of fire (also i suck) so all my characters accuracy is shit.

My zens elims and dps are grandmaster, maybe all those fuckers telling me to heal instead of kill were onto something?

Screenshot_20161220-184946.png

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Oversumo is interesting. I have Master/Grandmaster ratings for accuracy and damage on a number of characters but Plat/Diamond overall ratings - which is about right since I'm currently +/- 3000. I guess I have fairly good mechanical skill but my game sense and overall contribution isn't where it should be. Things to practice...