Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You couldn't carry Brad's Mozz sticks

Thread full of people like this who trash him yet spend all day playing arm chair "if I had an MMO!".

Sure the guy snorted some pills (lots of successful ppl do) but try doing what he did.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Thread full of people like this who trash him yet spend all day playing arm chair "if I had an MMO!".

Sure the guy snorted some pills (lots of successful ppl do) but try doing what he did.

A lot of my complaints about Brad weren't necessarily about what he did, but how he did it.

Laying people off? Sometimes your hand is forced. But they did that in the shittiest way possible.

I think Brad was a good visionary, perhaps... (The Vision!) but he didn't strike me as a good leader, nor did he strike me as a good administrator. And don't even get me started on the money side of things...

As far as I'm concerned, the MMO industry is dead and I've just been watching everyone fuck the bloated corpse. The market rewarded 'safe' development and fans have mostly moved on to other things. So I get why Pantheon scratches that particular itch for the old school players, but I'm just a cynic and so far nothing I've seen has tickled my pickle.

And then we have Sox, who is either our most recent colorful troll, or he's just another weirdo who has popped out of the woodwork to amuse us

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande

MMOs have been dogshit gameplay enhanced by community interaction the entire time.

The game designers have generally done a poor job and the games have been carried by the programmers making it all work in a shared world over the internet.

Both FF14 and WoW have some of the worst game design I have ever seen and it's only getting worse in those games.

You can't seriously tell me Everquest was better, sure I haven't played it but I saw forced grouping, camping and trains in FF11 and it's terrible. The content was other players and your relationship to them.

So I don't think Brad deserves any credit, I think the programmers do.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I listened to a lot of those EQ dev interviews with that M&M guy. Really funny to hear they basically had no fucking idea what they were doing as people who made the tools for the game left the company.

But Jeff Butler that I think went to start Vanguard with Brad said Brad had some crazy ideas that would never work for a game and had to try talk sense into him.

Then he went to Pantheon and here we are. Once he died the game shifted to something else entirely.

• 1Like

yerm

I shat on brad because his team didnt put out a meaningful anount of evidence of work, and seemed to change design decisions and basics constantly. I usually see this as weak or bad leadership. The teams need to be managed, they need to have some semblance of deadlines, and things need to move forward without constantly scrapping and redoing.

After his death, this became constant and extreme. Like to a complete joke level of pantheon seeming to be BEHIND where it had been years before, due to unceasing redos.

So, I was wrong about brad. Apparently he was trying to do his job and he just had an impossible task that literally stressed him to death. I now blame the pantheon devs. If you want to play video games by always starting new and never loading a save, constantly revising character creation and never reaching the end, go nuts. If you want to MAKE a game this way, you suck and are basically a scam. So, sorry brad, I was wrong, it was your employees that blow dicks at their job.

• 1Like

Daidraco

I shat on brad because his team didnt put out a meaningful anount of evidence of work, and seemed to change design decisions and basics constantly. I usually see this as weak or bad leadership. The teams need to be managed, they need to have some semblance of deadlines, and things need to move forward without constantly scrapping and redoing.

After his death, this became constant and extreme. Like to a complete joke level of pantheon seeming to be BEHIND where it had been years before, due to unceasing redos.

So, I was wrong about brad. Apparently he was trying to do his job and he just had an impossible task that literally stressed him to death. I now blame the pantheon devs. If you want to play video games by always starting new and never loading a save, constantly revising character creation and never reaching the end, go nuts. If you want to MAKE a game this way, you suck and are basically a scam. So, sorry brad, I was wrong, it was your employees that blow dicks at their job.
He just came off as a dreamer to me. A lot of the "Well how about we do this" and "Lets do this" type of shit was often "brought down to reality" because the person coding it was short sighted. Then, Brad would see another game do exactly what he was told they couldnt do and would shove it in their face and then the devs would put it back in and "try" to make it work with the limited knowledge that they have.

I dont necessarily fault the devs, but I also dont blame Brad either. As a leader, its your job to know HOW to get that shit done. If you have a dream, find the route between A and B. You cant go to someone and say "Create a business that makes me rich!" and expect them to know how to do that shit. "Make me an MMO where you can climb on anything!" ... with a dev thats just as fucking old or older than Brad and his only experience is games like UO or EQ. So often times, Im sure Brad would get a "We cant do that because such and such." When really the correct answer would have been "I dont know how to do that" but they never would say that because then Brad would find someone that does.

He may have been a good creative lead, but I just dont think he was management material. In AOC, you have Shariff and he's just a rich faggot (sassy) asshole. So he has the attitude that no is not a valid excuse when it comes to designing something that he wants. He may be planning to sell that shit off and sail into the sunset like Sox is imagining - I would want my money back out of it, too. But that doesnt mean he's not designing a game that he wants to play himself.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lmk when you have an MMO in development with millions in funding

Seriously, I'll check it out

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So you have no basis to claim he's good at his job?

I played EverQuest and the lore makes multi billion dollar retail WoW lore look like garbage lol

Email the Pantheon investors and question their decision, see you in Terminus

• 1Truth!

Mr. Sox

Mr. Poopybutthole
One last parting shot.

If it wasn't for Brad none of your guys would be conversating and hanging around for the last 20+ years on this forum. He started the conversation by saying a ranger goes into a bar. Loading please, Wait. Be grateful, you got to share in his vision of what is a community is.

/Drops the Mic.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
One last parting shot.

If it wasn't for Brad none of your guys would be conversating and hanging around for the last 20+ years on this forum. /Drops the Mic.

What happened to you quitting American Inventor faggot?

baseketball-squeak.gif

• 1Worf

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
One last parting shot.

If it wasn't for Brad none of your guys would be conversating and hanging around for the last 20+ years on this forum. He started the conversation by saying a ranger goes into a bar. Loading please, Wait. Be grateful, you got to share in his vision of what is a community is.

/Drops the Mic.
Go away

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users