Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My kid sleeps like there's a metal concert going on in his room, I can't imagine I'd get any sleep with him in the bed

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
We didn't entertain either kid in our bed even one time. They slept better with a more stable sleep schedule than any kid they were in play groups with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
We didn't entertain either kid in our bed even one time. They slept better with a more stable sleep schedule than any kid they were in play groups with.

Amen to this. We had everything on a routine, and that promoted better sleep for everyone. Everyone had their own space to sleep, including us parents. I don't want kids in my bed. It isn't a North American thing, it's plain and simple that I don't want to sleep with my children. I sleep with my wife. Naked.

So having a teenage girl kinda sucks. Having three at once sucks the balls of a sweaty goat fucker. The thing is, my girls are smart, but they're still teenagers. There will be days where they are crying and they can't come even close to articulating why. They're just emotional. That's when I go to my workroom in the basement.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That, and I imagine that parents don't like to get kicked throughout the night every night
Yep. This is exactly it. Wife is 7 months pregnant and is already sleep terribly. Baby girl snuggles up to her like glue most of the night, and so she sleeps horribly. This typically means feet in my back, because of course the 2 year old has to sleep perpendicular to us. Lol

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I have always been strict about sleeping locations. Every now and then when one of them is sick I let them sleep in our bed, but they're still really young so I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But just "i'm lonely/scared/bored so I want to sleep with you?" Better gtfo with that shit.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Family is bugging wife and I really bad over a name for our daughter expected in February. Nothing has worked out yet that the wife and I both like, and the family is making suggestions and I don't like them and they're getting frustrated. They say it's because I say no to all these names but don't offer any in return. Ugh. I'll think of a name when it's time. Leave me alone!

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Good thing it's your kid and not theirs.

I got shit because I only had 2 names on my list for boys. They kept saying I was being difficult. I just knew I didn't want a stupid name.

Crone

Good thing it's your kid and not theirs.

I got shit because I only had 2 names on my list for boys. They kept saying I was being difficult. I just knew I didn't want a stupid name.
Yea, good thing... lol. Right after one of them basically got done telling me tonight that I was a shit bag for rejecting all of the names they are thinking of, but not contributing any of my own, she's like but I'm not mad or anything! Right... not mad ...

There's been a few in the family that legit hadn't decided a name until after the birth. My wife is 1 of 8 kids, and so there's lots of babies around, but I commend that particular family for holding off until after the baby. The rest of the family was up in arms, but they stayed strong.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Our girl has been walking since like 8 months

cringe, i know that feels.

VCpGqxH.jpg

yUP5z9l.jpg

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Jeeze, man, clean and organize your house!

Also, when people suggested names for my kids I told them unless they were willing to hold my ballsack while I impregnated my wife, they should probably stop offering suggestions. Had a 100% no-more-suggestions success rate with this.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
tyen tyen is that a child proof lock on a stove? I need to find a good one desperately.

Kid sounds like he has his first cold. Did family pics for a Xmas present for my mother in law and two of the brothers were sick and told no one. Kids been coughing up a storm. He seems happy but I assume a sore throat will set in tonight and hell will break loose.

Week before Christmas.... Fucking shit heads

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
tyen tyen is that a child proof lock on a stove? I need to find a good one desperately.

Ya those are real good, get a shitton of them. Also got these two, first is a magnetic key type deal, second covers outlets that have things plugged in.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn man at least clean up all those dried up cum flakes on the floor. And I just read that book on the floor to our son today.