Parent Thread

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Most newer ovens have door locks. Should be something dumb like holding "CANCEL" or the OFF button for 5 seconds.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Mine has a lock button that only works if it's On... yea... because that's the only way my kid will kill himself on it

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
With both of out children we told any that asked what we had a list of names but we weren't sharing them. We decided on our sons name after he was born but on our daughters before. My sister was the only person that was upset we wouldnt tell her.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
have like 20 of those locks all over the place

HijGO9r.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
How the he'll does a little kid crack a door like that?

Give that one a little club so he can run around yelling bambam

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Family is bugging wife and I really bad over a name for our daughter expected in February. Nothing has worked out yet that the wife and I both like, and the family is making suggestions and I don't like them and they're getting frustrated. They say it's because I say no to all these names but don't offer any in return. Ugh. I'll think of a name when it's time. Leave me alone!
I don't understand how this is any of their business.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Family is bugging wife and I really bad over a name for our daughter expected in February. Nothing has worked out yet that the wife and I both like, and the family is making suggestions and I don't like them and they're getting frustrated. They say it's because I say no to all these names but don't offer any in return. Ugh. I'll think of a name when it's time. Leave me alone!

chortled at your pain, i know them feels. Mostly when it comes to "What to eat."

m67NTW8.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If my microwave was that low I'd never use it. That's really unfortunate. Gonna buy one of those for our oven though. Unless i can figure out how to lock it when it's not on.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
My older kids put a Thomas the Train in the oven during the week and then I melted the fuck out of it when I turned the oven on to pre-heat to bake something on the weekend, it was like that dude's face from Temple of Doom it just sagged and melted, haha. It was a bitch to clean out of there but at the same time, it was awesome.

• 1Like

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
My older kids put a Thomas the Train in the oven during the week and then I melted the fuck out of it when I turned the oven on to pre-heat to bake something on the weekend, it was like that dude's face from Temple of Doom it just sagged and melted, haha. It was a bitch to clean out of there but at the same time, it was awesome.

Reminds me of when I had my foster kids. Once was 12 and we were teaching him the basics of cooking. Well, one day he comes in all excited that he made his fish sticks for lunch all on his own. Many yays and congrats were had.

Then 3 minutes later he runs in screaming the kitchen is on fire. Turns out, the kid did everything right to make the fish sticks in the toaster oven...Except that he put them on a plastic plate, and put that in there.

...Burning Plastic combined with embering fish sticks is perhaps the worst smell in history.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Thought I would share something my kid did last weekend that I had no words for.

10 year old daughter, told her it was shower time and as normal she groaned about it(this I will never understand) but went to shower as normal. 20 mins later I am like what is taking so long so I open the door and say hey whats taking so long. No answer...I say her name, no answer, I say her name louder and start to think the worst when she doesn't answer. So I step inside and about to pull the curtain back expected to see something horrible or really dumb but notice her foot on the floor and there she was hiding behind the door with a pad of paper and a marker. She looked terrified, like she got caught doing something wrong.

I was very confused and then it clicked, she was pretending to shower and just drawing to pass the time. I have done many stupid things as a kid, never faked a shower though.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Thought I would share something my kid did last weekend that I had no words for.

10 year old daughter, told her it was shower time and as normal she groaned about it(this I will never understand) but went to shower as normal. 20 mins later I am like what is taking so long so I open the door and say hey whats taking so long. No answer...I say her name, no answer, I say her name louder and start to think the worst when she doesn't answer. So I step inside and about to pull the curtain back expected to see something horrible or really dumb but notice her foot on the floor and there she was hiding behind the door with a pad of paper and a marker. She looked terrified, like she got caught doing something wrong.

I was very confused and then it clicked, she was pretending to shower and just drawing to pass the time. I have done many stupid things as a kid, never faked a shower though.
That's fucking hilarious.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm sitting here like damn house looks clean

My wife would probably have a full on meltdown and murder someone if you could take a picture in our house and see crumbs and shit on the floor. Our house is like a museum clean level, it's sick.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well I sweep every other day but my house is cluttered to the fucking max.

I wish I had a pix of our kitchen after my wife baked all night.

iannis

Musty Nester
My wife would probably have a full on meltdown and murder someone if you could take a picture in our house and see crumbs and shit on the floor. Our house is like a museum clean level, it's sick.

I can't imagine living like that.

I've walked into houses like that and I'm like "This is the strangest place I have ever been".