Parent Thread

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
There's a cleaning lady at work that always seems to come by when I'm taking a shit. If I'm in there she just waits outside. It makes me uncomfortable. I imagine your house is like that

Nah. We're way beyond her getting mad for us being messy, or what she thinks is messy. Like, 20 years beyond that. I get on her case about spending too long cleaning and will intentionally move things to fuck with her or find a long hair and drape it across her sink just to make her rage.

It's also fun to go turn her knickknacks 20 degrees one way or the other and see how long it takes her to notice. It's usually not long.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Dude I can't even imagine. I told my wife how you had triplets since it was right after we had our first and I was having panic attacks thinking about it
It's probably not as bad as you think. At least ours aren't, we haven't had any problems besides just having triplets. They've all slept through the night (10-11 hours per night) since around 6 months, they are all pretty well behaved, no health or allergy issues, no problems eating, etc.

We also didn't have any kids before which would have sucked

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
We box toys up and rotate them weekly. Works pretty well, but we have a giant storage space in the house.
We do that too, we have about 4-5 buckets of toys that we rotate out every day or two. It's like having new toys everytime. The only thing we keep out is three of those little cart things. Our daughter will sit in it and one of her brothers will always come and push her back and forth on it, it's pretty funny

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
More bullshit from the inlaw side of things. We have 2 kids, and like what's already been mentioned, shit is cluttered AF. Well, in-laws hate it, because they are like, we'd rather go get something, than leave it out in a convenient spot.

So I clarified one time, and yes, they'd rather go dig into a closet somewhere for a diaper every single fucking time, than have a diaper box/pail/tub out near where you always change your kids diapers. Fuck that shit!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My mother in law keeps a Cad's-wife level clean house. Which is cool, for her. My wife and I definitely do not. But when she comes down she concerns herself with cleaning the house, organizing things, etc. My wife takes it all personally. I'm more like my house, my business.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My mother in law keeps a Cad's-wife level clean house. Which is cool, for her. My wife and I definitely do not. But when she comes down she concerns herself with cleaning the house, organizing things, etc. My wife takes it all personally. I'm more like my house, my business.
My wife would take it to near-Cad's-wife level, but we've got 3 little monsters that only know how to destroy. My in-laws are really clean people, so whenever they come to visit they help with cleaning (and I mean deep cleaning... carpet shampooing etc), but also help with major house projects (new windows). My wife never took it personally, but I think that's because her parents are just trying to help.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

My wife goes around cleaning things and arranging things at my mom's house and my mom gets offended sometimes.

Our littlest kid went to my mom's house and came back with dirty feet once because the floors weren't spotless and now he's instructed to keep his shoes on at grandma's house. He, being 3, told grandma why too and haha it was some funny shit. "So you're saying my house is dirty?" "Well, his feet did come back black."

It's like the realpolitik of family relations. What is she gonna say, it wasn't dirty?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So ny father handmade a dollhouse for my daughter for Christmas and itnis fucking huge. Between that and the Christmas tree in our living room, I have can't he comfortable because it is so "cluttered".

I can't wait for the day the kid has no other toys besides books, a phone, tablet and computer. Life will be sweet.

Yep, were there right now. Their rooms are even cleared out now of junk toys and shit they never used but once or twice. now its just TV, PS, Xbox, computer and phone.

The only thing left is the basement filed with that crap, 2000 sq feet of junk toys and boxes of shit from their youth and clothes. If only I could get the wife to part with that shit, I would get a dumpster rented tomorrow and wheelbarrow all that shit out in one weekend. donate the clothes and good toys that are not destroyed or chewed up. But she just has a hard time letting go. Fuck! I could get a pool table down there, set up a man cave for me and the boys, and they would have a place to chill with their friends when they come by.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yep, were there right now. Their rooms are even cleared out now of junk toys and shit they never used but once or twice. now its just TV, PS, Xbox, computer and phone.

The only thing left is the basement filed with that crap, 2000 sq feet of junk toys and boxes of shit from their youth and clothes. If only I could get the wife to part with that shit, I would get a dumpster rented tomorrow and wheelbarrow all that shit out in one weekend. donate the clothes and good toys that are not destroyed or chewed up. But she just has a hard time letting go. Fuck! I could get a pool table down there, set up a man cave for me and the boys, and they would have a place to chill with their friends when they come by.

Just do it, or tell her anything not used in the past 10 years is going to be donated/thrown away. If you wan to be diplomatic then have a well thought out plan of what you want the space for.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Our plan is to spend Friday and part of Saturday clearing it out. All old toys, gone. We can't find a local place to take them so we're just trashing them. Should leave them with a few toys left, honestly they don't play with most of them, and then they can replenish the pile with their giant haul they got for Christmas.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Our plan is to spend Friday and part of Saturday clearing it out. All old toys, gone. We can't find a local place to take them so we're just trashing them. Should leave them with a few toys left, honestly they don't play with most of them, and then they can replenish the pile with their giant haul they got for Christmas.
Wish I could give you my address and have you ship them too me. :(

I have a 3 year old, and a 2 year, and about to have a newborn in February, and while my kids have tons of shit, I don't have nearly as much family laying down the dollars for rooms full of toys as it seems some of you have. We have tons of bins of old clothes and stuff, not so much toys though. Clothes makes sense though, as we're not done having kids yet, so saving them for the next baby makes sense.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider

I have a 3 year old, and a 2 year, and about to have a newborn in February, and while my kids have tons of shit, I don't have nearly as much family laying down the dollars for rooms full of toys as it seems some of you have. We have tons of bins of old clothes and stuff, not so much toys though. Clothes makes sense though, as we're not done having kids yet, so saving them for the next baby makes sense.

You did this to yourself..

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

Oh believe me, I did not intend for them to have as much stuff as they got for Christmas. I did the shopping, they each got 3 things. One of those things was a book, too. Then, against our agreement, my wife went and got more stuff. Then black friday hit, more stuff. Including a fucking 130 doll for a goddamn 7 year old who will literally NEVER use it. I was so pissed. Then the grandparents. Suddenly my entire utility room is full of presents.

I want them to have less things in general. I hate to even do it but when I think back to when I was their age... I had none of this. There are things I want them to have, electronics and computers and stuff. I don't know, it's a balancing act, especially with my wife quitting her job, money is tight and these kids have no concept of it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh believe me, I did not intend for them to have as much stuff as they got for Christmas. I did the shopping, they each got 3 things. One of those things was a book, too. Then, against our agreement, my wife went and got more stuff. Then black friday hit, more stuff. Including a fucking 130 doll for a goddamn 7 year old who will literally NEVER use it. I was so pissed. Then the grandparents. Suddenly my entire utility room is full of presents.

I want them to have less things in general. I hate to even do it but when I think back to when I was their age... I had none of this. There are things I want them to have, electronics and computers and stuff. I don't know, it's a balancing act, especially with my wife quitting her job, money is tight and these kids have no concept of it.
Yeah man last year was the kids first Christmas and he's also the first grandchild for both sets of parents so they loaded us up on top of us spoiling him. I have no idea where to put any of it and now this is round 2.

I mean in the long run it's a 1st world problem but I had nothing growing up so maybe I'm over compensating.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I need to pick up a nest.

Kid got sick, for him it was a minor cold for seriously 1 day. For me it's Earth ending. Spent the whole night with a fever and aches and almost puking. Same this morning.

What kind of plague did this kid get?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Donate the used toys. Hell, make your kid help pick out the ones to donate. My kids always feel great getting rid of toys they don't play with as often (it means they have room for new toys) and they're already learning about helping others.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user