Parent Thread

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Last Christmas we implemented the for every toy you get as a present, we pick an old one to donate. Get rid of toys and she rediscovers some she hasn't touched in awhile.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Down where I'm at we can't find a pace to donate to. The women's shelter, goodwill, salvationarmy, etc will only take new toys. Which I had never even heard of before.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
My oldest is hitting the front end of puberty. I've always had a pretty good relationship with him but I think he is starting to hate me. All that taking fun stuff away and chewing his ass out when he doesn't tend to his studies or is otherwise being lazy is starting to annoy him I guess. Tough shit, you little fucker.

Anybody else running into this? Mine is pretty smart and says he wants to go into engineering but he's totally cool cruising on Bs and Cs. My wife is losing her shit with him because she was a very driven straight-A student. I guess I hated school too but I did alright for myself later.

I told him recently he's not getting a dime of that 529 in a few years if he's going to just piss it away. Enjoy the Army I guess?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My oldest is hitting the front end of puberty. I've always had a pretty good relationship with him but I think he is starting to hate me. All that taking fun stuff away and chewing his ass out when he doesn't tend to his studies or is otherwise being lazy is starting to annoy him I guess. Tough shit, you little fucker.

Anybody else running into this? Mine is pretty smart and says he wants to go into engineering but he's totally cool cruising on Bs and Cs. My wife is losing her shit with him because she was a very driven straight-A student. I guess I hated school too but I did alright for myself later.

I told him recently he's not getting a dime of that 529 in a few years if he's going to just piss it away. Enjoy the Army I guess?

All sounds normal, just remember what is what like at his age the best you can. What a terrible time, if my mom asked me what I wanted to do I wouldn't tell her get a girlfriend and fuck until I am dehydrated but that is what I wanted. That and a badass PC but I was working and saved my cash to buy one.

If he knows what he wants to do that is good, support his goals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I need to pick up a nest.

Kid got sick, for him it was a minor cold for seriously 1 day. For me it's Earth ending. Spent the whole night with a fever and aches and almost puking. Same this morning.

What kind of plague did this kid get?

Same thing just happened two weeks ago here. 2.5 year old got bad congestion and cough for one day, next evening it's completely gone. She gave it to me, I am still hacking. My wife gets colds rarely and only for a day or two max, so I hope the health part got transferred to daughter.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002

Same thing here with another daughter. Wife and I have repeatedly thought about getting her:

latest?cb=20100619091947

The coveted Shithead of the Year trophy.

Know that every parent with a child the same age is going through the same thing. They are wired to leave the home and start/join a tribe at this age, society just says we have to keep them until they are 18.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Down where I'm at we can't find a pace to donate to. The women's shelter, goodwill, salvationarmy, etc will only take new toys. Which I had never even heard of before.
Look for a Deseret Industries. Yes it's Mormon, but they accept any and all donations regardless of conditions.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Same thing here with another daughter. Wife and I have repeatedly thought about getting her:

View attachment 108604

The coveted Shithead of the Year trophy.

Know that every parent with a child the same age is going through the same thing. They are wired to leave the home and start/join a tribe at this age, society just says we have to keep them until they are 18.

Fuck that I was out at 16, if they really want out they will find a way.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Same thing just happened two weeks ago here. 2.5 year old got bad congestion and cough for one day, next evening it's completely gone. She gave it to me, I am still hacking. My wife gets colds rarely and only for a day or two max, so I hope the health part got transferred to daughter.
Same here with the wife.

I am on meds now an d 8 an fucking loopy

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
"Fortunately" for me, I rarely get sick past "this is annoying". The wife not so much, at least she doesn't really complain. Hopefully our daughter gets my immune system.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
My wife never really gets sick, I haven't had anything beyond a cold for like 10 years.

So far 14 months in and none of the kiddos have gotten anything worse than a runny nose. And low grade fever from immunizations

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
My wife never really gets sick, I haven't had anything beyond a cold for like 10 years.

So far 14 months in and none of the kiddos have gotten anything worse than a runny nose. And low grade fever from immunizations

I feel like anytime we have a playdate with any kids, or even kids who go to daycare, we are sick the next day. Like 90% of the time.

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Holly F*ck, Christmas is almost here !!!!! We delayed putting up the tree a little this year, but once it went up and the little kids realized Christmas is only a day some away..... oh BOY has that amplified the excitement over Santa. The little ones are so psyched they look like they would tackle Santa and smother him with carols and hugs and celery and carrots for reindeer and ..... it really is the coolest fcking thing reliving the excitement of the hollidays through young kids eyes, never ever gets old hehe.

Merry Christmas and I hope everyone has a great time with their kids (or family) and can at least tolerate and muscle through any inlaws and other potentially treacherously difficult to navigate visits :)

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Painting the baby's room tomorrow. Start setting stuff up the day after. Other than that the only "big" purchase left is the baby mattress. Official ETA 5 weeks.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bought my middle daughter a marble run. Horrible mistake. Way too complicated for her to put together herself, took me like 2 hours. Now I kind of don't want her to touch it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Bought my middle daughter a marble run. Horrible mistake. Way too complicated for her to put together herself, took me like 2 hours. Now I kind of don't want her to touch it.

Speaking of things kids can put together easily so you can drink booze instead of read instructions

Magic Tracks | Limited Time Offer!

My four year old got these and I haven't had to touch the thing (except for when I wanted to make my own track.) Easy for them to customize without adult intervention.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of things kids can put together easily so you can drink booze instead of read instructions

Magic Tracks | Limited Time Offer!

My four year old got these and I haven't had to touch the thing (except for when I wanted to make my own track.) Easy for them to customize without adult intervention.
My 3 year old has been in love with the wood train tracks that fit together. The magic tracks look awesome. Birthday in April is coming! Thanks!

• 1Like