Parent Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had the mid pregnancy ultrasound today. Dong confirmed, kid looks healthy.

Wife is already much bigger than she was last time. Not fatness but her stomach actually protrudes with the baby this time

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Had the mid pregnancy ultrasound today. Dong confirmed, kid looks healthy.

Wife is already much bigger than she was last time. Not fatness but her stomach actually protrudes with the baby this time

They blow up much earlier with subsequent kids than they did with the first kid. Pretty normal. Congrats!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

Ex wife's husband completed police academy. A lot of the better positions were given to people of color and women even though he was top of the class. The only things worth taking are miles away. The one position that's worth taking and available is 175 miles away.

Any suggestions on long distance visitation? I'm used to getting my son any time I want, even school nights.

The decision hasn't been made yet, but the way my chest feels right now, it feels as if this is going to happen and I'm pretty upset. I'm hoping there is some advice that might help calm my situation. Thanks in advance.

Siliconemelons

They blow up much earlier with subsequent kids than they did with the first kid. Pretty normal. Congrats!

the parts that accommodate baby have been worked out / stretched out and its fairly normal for 2nd and onward for the kid to take more room :p

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ex wife's husband completed police academy. A lot of the better positions were given to people of color and women even though he was top of the class. The only things worth taking are miles away. The one position that's worth taking and available is 175 miles away.

Any suggestions on long distance visitation? I'm used to getting my son any time I want, even school nights.

The decision hasn't been made yet, but the way my chest feels right now, it feels as if this is going to happen and I'm pretty upset. I'm hoping there is some advice that might help calm my situation. Thanks in advance.
Forgive me if I am wrong, but don't visitation agreements usually have a 100 mile rule? Like your ex-wife is not allowed to move your child more than 100 miles away from your established place of residency?

If not, perhaps they are willing to split the difference? Maybe they would be willing to move to a town in between where you live & where the job is?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Forgive me if I am wrong, but don't visitation agreements usually have a 100 mile rule? Like your ex-wife is not allowed to move your child more than 100 miles away from your established place of residency?

If not, perhaps they are willing to split the difference? Maybe they would be willing to move to a town in between where you live & where the job is?

In TX it's usually county of residence and surrounding counties.. can't move more than 2 counties away. So you see people move to the far corner of the next county to make it as inconvenient for the spouse as possible...

Brad2770

I had to look to be sure. Cad is correct. So I'm not so worried now. I thought she could move anywhere within the state without my permission. I hadn't looked at my Divorce Decree in almost 10 years. I doubt they will move that far now. My son called me last night telling me he didn't want to move far away. His mom told me not to worry about it anymore.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Emergency c section. Doctor didn't like how quiet the baby was. We are 6 days early from scheduled c section. It's a whirlwind!

Crone

Everyone is healthy and great. 7lbs 13oz, 19 inches long. Smallest baby yet! Others were both over 9lbs.

My swaddling skills are rusty, but quickly coming back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Everyone is healthy and great. 7lbs 13oz, 19 inches long. Smallest baby yet! Others were both over 9lbs.

My swaddling skills are rusty, but quickly coming back.

That's still a pretty fat baby!

Your wife feeds 'em good.

Crone

Nice crone. Our kid was 2 weeks early the first time and it really caught me with my pants down
Yea, we ain't got shit ready. Lol.

Our own fault, but it'll be fine in the end. Even already this morning things are coming together with the house, etc. Bassinet is put back together, car seat latched in. Should be able to go home tomorrow.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Yea, we ain't got shit ready. Lol.

Our own fault, but it'll be fine in the end. Even already this morning things are coming together with the house, etc. Bassinet is put back together, car seat latched in. Should be able to go home tomorrow.

Congrats!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The little man is finally starting to mimic a bit more in terms of speech. We're kind of at the point where we aren't sure if he's saying first words or just copying. It's pretty nebulous so I'm on the 'yes' side. He's still in his speech stuff since I think it's sort of helping. When you get the bills (before the state pays for it) and actually see what these people do, it's a wonder the state actually pays for it.. the people we have are not worth what they charge ($250/hr).

Couple of my favorites. He says 'cookie' now but it's like 'coo-KEEEY'. Mimics the sound of a dog barking so thoroughly that my dog actually freaks out. He likes to say 'boobie'.

Sometimes he catches us off guard. My wife sneezed and he ran around through the house going "achooo achooo" and I thought that was hilarious.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anyone here familiar with RI TCI/TDI or something similar in another state?

Since I work in RI, my boss informed me that the state will give you money when you're out of work for parental leave (child bonding). I'm trying to sift through the way they worded the website.

To me it seems like the Base Period is a quarter that I worked, then I would get paid 4.62% of the wages I made in that quarter per week for the duration of the leave (in my case 3 weeks). Does that seem right?

TDI/TCI Frequently Asked Questions, RI Dept. of Labor and Training