Parent Thread

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I tried showering with my kid when he didn't want to get into a bath and that did not work out well either. Thankfully, his no bath phase only lasted a month or so. You could try to get new toys, fill up the bath tub, put the toys in there and then show him the toys and ask if he wants to get in to play with them. Let him think he is in control of his world a little bit.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
The ASHA.ORG blog - episode 13 has a good interview in re late talking.
I would hazard a guess that mini Noodle is working with an SLP who is following the research recommendations.
This is a very good strategy.... oh, and Cad is right.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Man I haven't even read this thread in weeks. Until 4 days ago we had been having a very very bad time at night with the kid. More below...

We've been doing EI with our son since August. He has said hello and duck but hasn't repeated anything. I take him to an EI playgroup on Mondays and another EI playgroup on Tuesdays. We took him to a toddler sign class and about a month ago his signing exploded. He knows eat, milk, more, help, hat, dog, and just started doing sleep. It doesn't sound like much but he links them together to ask for specific thinks. It blew me away when he started doing it. He also sees a SLP on Wed. and EI sends us one on Thursdays. Honestly it's fucking ridiculous what we're doing to try and get this kid to talk. lol He LOVES the groups so I can't really complain. Always takes great naps!
6 weeks ago up until 4 days ago we were in fucking HELLLL at night. He'd wake SCREAMING and wouldn't stop for 1-2 hours, he thrash his legs around and squirm like he was uncomfortable, and he was up 3-7 hours. Yes 7 fucking hours. He'd go down at 8pm and wake up at 9pm and be up until 3-5am. Literally fucking insane.
Neither my wife or I would get more than 2-4 hours of sleep per night for those 6 weeks. It was literally torture. I legit questioned reality sometimes and was happy when I could remember my own name.
He stopped doing the thrashing shit a couple weeks ago and at that point it was clear we had to start the sleep training. He'd fall asleep rocking but would jolt awake soon as we'd put him down. Started with the Ferber method. I'd go in every 10 minutes and basically make shit twice as bad. Took an hour of screaming to fall asleep. Second night I put him down and stayed out. 20 minutes crying, 20 minutes sitting there and he was out. Third night half an hour and out. Tonight 10 minutes and out. Thank fucking god that shit worked because our sanity was in danger of never returning.
So protip: Don't fucking wait to sleep train. Start that shit early!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Never really had an issue until a month ago. The lack of sleep for that long is definitely the worst thing we've had to deal with so far. It's no joke.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
We got real lucky with my son, he's been a good sleeper since about 4 months old. Just had a good solid bedtime routine.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
We just moved the youngest into a toddler bed. For the next few weeks he will be getting up and asking for random crap.

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
We just moved the youngest into a toddler bed. For the next few weeks he will be getting up and asking for random crap.

Surprisingly my son (4 now) never did that. To this day he would rather yell for my wife or me to come to him for his random requests. If we don't show up he gives up mostly but other times he just gets louder. At 4 years old I think he's only gotten out of bed randomly about 2 times.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Man I know that feeling of relief finally having a positive. First shot must have felt great.

Fuck me that sounds terrible. Grats none the less!

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
We figure she's about 8 weeks along

B31_1_Zoom.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user