Parent Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You think it sounds awesome. 4 weeks from now when you are stepping on those little fucking pegs all over the house, you will be cursing the thing.

lindz

#DDs
You think it sounds awesome. 4 weeks from now when you are stepping on those little fucking pegs all over the house, you will be cursing the thing.
So this. Why I hate lego, beads and all those type things.

Though lite brite was pretty freaking awesome.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They have a new kind with a pen and blacklight that looks awesome. No more little plastic surprises.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bros I decided to root my old Kindle Fire and give it to my oldest girl as a kind of intro to caring for and owning a device, and loading it down with appropriate apps, locking it down, etc. But I am having all kinds of issues, i thought it would be much simpler. Learning experience! When I can actually get the Cyanogenmod Kindle Fire utility to detect the damn thing I will consider it a victory.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I found a motherfucking Lite Brite for my girls for Christmas. Shit is on.
I got my daughter this 2 years ago for Christmas. She played with it for maybe a couple of months and that's it. Thing still sits on a shelf to this day collecting dust. I was kind of bummed out when I got it because it's not like the one they used to sell back in the 80's, they redid it and it's not as big/pegs seem different. Not to mention the little container that supposed to hold the pegs didn't do a good job of it so I had to put them all in a separate tupperware container. Also for a younger child (3-4) the pegs are fairly difficult to push in.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On black friday my wife decided to buy 3200 legos (2 packs of 1600) from walmart. We don't have a kid yet but my feet already are hurting ...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
In anticipation, like ghost legos? Or she's playing with them? You know the kid can't have regular legs for at least a few years?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In anticipation, like ghost legos? Or she's playing with them? You know the kid can't have regular legs for at least a few years?
Oh I know this, she just really wanted them. I think it was $40 for 3200.

We aren't playing with them, I'm seeing ghost legos

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't your kid need to be like 5+ so they don't just swallow the legos?
Correct, I think the big Duplo Lego blocks are recommended up to age 5, then regular Legos are recommended for 5+. My 18 month old loves him some Duplo blocks. They're everwhere all over our house constantly.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah got my niece a bug tub of Duplo blocks for XMas. I'll let her parents figure out if she'll be old enough for them. She'll be ~13 months. Got my little cousin a big tub of Lincoln Logs for XMas as well. I think he's around 5. Not sure if kids play with Lincoln Logs anymore.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Legos are awesome, and every kid is different. My kids didn't swallow stuff, and they all started playing with legos by 4. My 6 year old is doing the sets that are marked for 11 year old kids. He'll sit for hours putting that shit together, and I'm all for it. Christmas is coming, and the relatives buy lots of lego sets for the kids, and my youngest is into the Star Wars sets, and I know he's getting at least one huge one. It'll keep him going for days, and he'll be as happy as a pig in shit.

And, don't kid yourselves, my teen age girls still like legos, even if only in private and they will never admit it...

lindz

#DDs
My mother-in-law gets my kids huge playmobile sets for xmas every year. Kids put them together (or I do), they play with them for a day, then the pieces go absolutely everywhere and they never touch them again. I throw them out after a couple weeks. I despise playmobile.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
My mother-in-law gets my kids huge playmobile sets for xmas every year. Kids put them together (or I do), they play with them for a day, then the pieces go absolutely everywhere and they never touch them again. I throw them out after a couple weeks. I despise playmobile.
Yea, got one of those playmobile sets last year, took a shitload of time to put together (at least felt like it) then got played with for a week or two and that's it. Simple fact of the matter is my daughter is of an age now where if it isn't electronic, she really loses interest fast.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
That's pretty much what happens to Lego Duplo atm. My 2yo girl plays with the prince and princesses, animals and cars. The doll house, castle, farm etc are shot to pieces. We assemble them weekly, suckers, haha
biggrin.png

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My wife bought a play kitchen for the daughter a few months back when it was on sale for Shitmas. Planning on putting it together Shitmas Eve, but every review I have read says it takes 4 + hours to do. I have a feeling I'm going to end up very pissed off.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
With shit like that, plan plan plan ahead. know what tools you need, lay out the hardware on a table next to where you are working so you don't have to be searching for shit, and you'll get it done in no time.

If you drink heavily while doing it, your standards will get lower as you go, so it will be fine.

Correct, I think the big Duplo Lego blocks are recommended up to age 5, then regular Legos are recommended for 5+. My 18 month old loves him some Duplo blocks. They're everwhere all over our house constantly.
This. He has favorite pieces he looks for too it's nuts. We are getting him the duplo batman set for xmas.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
You're a better man than I if you can do a set of front raises with a bigass awkward carseat carrier. So glad we are done with those, there's no comfortable way of carrying a child in one of them