Path of Exile

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Free update out shines a Blizzard Expansion lol.

I will play this one for sure. And fuck yea Totems removed, hated that shit when playing melee.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
My hot take:

This is too much. I like all of it, but it's too much. It's like when little kids go to toy story, it's overwhelming. I think they might've be using the next league as a "rest and tune up" league, which is a good idea, but it's the winter league which is usually a banger.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
My hot take:

This is too much. I like all of it, but it's too much. It's like when little kids go to toy story, it's overwhelming. I think they might've be using the next league as a "rest and tune up" league, which is a good idea, but it's the winter league which is usually a banger.
Idk but probably because I haven't played any of the leagues they are bringing pieces back from, aside from Necropolis. Overall sounds like they are using this league as a huge experiment; and I respect them for it.

A lot of the added stuff and changes sounded really good to me, but I really haven't played long enough to be an expert on it either.

The new chisel types look badass and the new scarabs may be awesome too especially with the extra map slot. Guess I'm going to at least roll a character and see how long I last.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
currency exchange is something i never thought they would give into. Glad its here though!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh boy the nerfs in here are pretty huge. A lot of crutch defense mechanics nuked. They are giving us defense elsewhere, but man there's going to be tears.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Probably going to with a different build this league, but curious what this actually means for the ppl that know their shit:

• Lightning Strike: No longer has Added Lightning Damage at all gem levels. It now has 198% Effectiveness of Base and Added Damage at gem level 1 (previously 135%), scaling up to 237% at gem level 20 (previously 163%). Now has a Mana cost of 6 at gem level 1, scaling up to 10 at gem level 20 (previously 6 at all gem levels)
Is that a nerf or buff? Sounds like an overall buff but without the added Lightning Damage maybe not?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably going to with a different build this league, but curious what this actually means for the ppl that know their shit:

• Lightning Strike: No longer has Added Lightning Damage at all gem levels. It now has 198% Effectiveness of Base and Added Damage at gem level 1 (previously 135%), scaling up to 237% at gem level 20 (previously 163%). Now has a Mana cost of 6 at gem level 1, scaling up to 10 at gem level 20 (previously 6 at all gem levels)
Is that a nerf or buff? Sounds like an overall buff but without the added Lightning Damage maybe not?

Pretty sure it will depend on your level of gear.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lightning strike had ~180 flat added lightning - the damage effectiveness MORE than makes up for that at 237% given how high the rolls on a weapon can go.

Overall its a change that basically had to happen, as trying to balance all the varied melee skills while some had huge flat added while some relied solely on weapon scaling was just ridiculous and lead to situations like say, sunder, where mechanically it might be fine but the math just fell apart in lategame scaling.

Biggest change of the entire thing tho:

Skills that use the basic melee strike animation now have a more consistent swing speed, rather than the first swing being slower than the second swing.

Fucking FINALLY. Every goddamn fucking strike skill in the game besides like only specifically frostblades felt like absolute dog ass because of this trashcan system from way back in legion when they 'reworked' melee and busted all the animations in half to the point where you needed like 280% attack speed to make your initial attack not feel like it was stuck in fucking tar.

• 3Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
JFC, PoE just took a giant dump all over D4.

One of my biggest gripes with this game is now solved in the currency exchange. Now they just need to remove the campaign and this game probably goes up to Top 5 of all-time for me.

"I guess we'll just add Anno 1880 to the game.."

Most stoked I've been for a league since Incursion.

• 3Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Fucking FINALLY. Every goddamn fucking strike skill in the game besides like only specifically frostblades felt like absolute dog ass because of this trashcan system from way back in legion when they 'reworked' melee and busted all the animations in half to the point where you needed like 280% attack speed to make your initial attack not feel like it was stuck in fucking tar.

This was even worse for slams because of the 2H windup; I cannot tell you how many times I was stunned when my weapon was .001 sec away from completing the first attack. That leads to stunlock and then death in higher tiers.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
This mechanic seems designed for people who work at home and always have poe running lol. I expect to get ultra wealthy this league if all I have to do is send off some shipments and collect profits every 20 mins or whatever

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're not gonna be able to send shipments without grinding maps for resources and gold though.

I don't think the bottleneck is going to be how often you can log in. Mark said during the q&a I think that you could just farm all week and then send a massive shipment.

Last edited: