Path of Exile

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can somebody link the easy to follow path wise , brain-dead, easy to play, but has good potential, Slayer build that has been discussed a few times? I want to try something that has good defense, because I am honestly not the best at avoid mechanics while also DPSing.
If you're not set on melee, something like this might be best for you

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I disagree wrt it not being functional. Is the number I'm using, ~32k, incorrect for 100% corpse life?

I agree it lost a lot. I'm trying to quantify how much exactly. What's wrong about my 3.24 calculation? I'll admit that I'm making a guess at 85% breakdown.

EDIT: Actually, that 32k is wrong. I forgot that desecrate lost max levels. Should be 22633?

Non-functional might be too aggressive, but it looks well in to the 'not worth it' territory at this point.

The coc DD builds of the past were so strong because they could invest like 100 passives in to defenses/QoL and still hit 20m dps because DD scaling was so absurd. With it losing ~50% or maybe even more damage it's just not gonna have the juice to allow you to do that and your options for investing in to corpse life/damage are pretty limited.

Real hard for me to want to DD when I could just be firestorm or mjolnir or whatever on inquis

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How is Lightning Strike? Saw a D4 youtuber is going to be using it to start.

It's very good, just don't use it too early. Use frost blades or sunder or anything else until you have at least +1 projectiles and +1 strikes and some form of pierce, cause it'll feel like giga ass before that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Strong, good scaling, maybe not the best for beginners, can play it warden or slayer.
Thanks, was going to go Slayer but...

Just a warning, I'd be careful about people being very positive about Slayer for league start. They are likely using Enduring Cry for endurance charge generation, which can be unreliable and annoying to use.

I plan on trying out Slayer only after I can get a more reliable means of endurance charge generation like eldritch implicit on chest or ralakesh.
Warden looks interesting with the extra potions?

But Slayer has better leech right? So may still go for it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
When does the patch arrive on Steam ?

Edit: Nm did not see Borzak up there... :p

Steam patch used to be behind non steam, but I guess they have fixed that since chat is saying steam patch is up.

I'm doing slayer ground slam. I have a couple of other options if that doesn't go well. I really have no idea, haven't played in a while.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's very good, just don't use it too early. Use frost blades or sunder or anything else until you have at least +1 projectiles and +1 strikes and some form of pierce, cause it'll feel like giga ass before that.
Thanks. How do you get them? I see that it used to be a Deadeye build which has that stuff baked in.

Just gem links?

Problem is that these guides never explain the core mechanics of the build, they assume everyone plays 24/7 and knows everything.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Thanks. How do you get them? I see that it used to be a Deadeye build which has that stuff baked in.

Just gem links?

Problem is that these guides never explain the core mechanics of the build, they assume everyone plays 24/7 and knows everything.

If you're so green that you don't know how to source things like pierce or additional proj then you really need to pick a very in-depth build guide and follow it pretty closely.

Walking in with the idea of 'i heard lightning strike is good' having never really played PoE for real is gonna just make you ragequit

I'd check out one of the zizzarin guides - they are pretty newbie friendly

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Leveling checklist if you are new or haven't played in a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Noob question about Filterblade: what's the most direct / efficient way to filter rares for SSF? Example, I want to see rares that are only swords and evasion armor, for both campaign and mapping. I actually pick them up and ID them, but consequently I'll never want to see energy shield shit, wands, 2H axes, etc etc. Do I like...hide all rares, then make rules specifically showing those two? Or is there another way? It seems like it should be pretty basic but I've never found a simple way to do it.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Thanks, was going to go Slayer but...

Warden looks interesting with the extra potions?

But Slayer has better leech right? So may still go for it.
Thats what I'm doing, probably will start with a random melee skill until mid acts or so, maybe frost blades or one of the other skills that got a huge buff dmg wise.

LS is fun to me for some reason, but it did take a bit of getting used to with positioning and shit. Have never tried Slayer either, but if some of the preliminary makeshift POBs are even halfway accurate, looks like endgame damage can be pretty crazy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Noob question about Filterblade: what's the most direct / efficient way to filter rares for SSF? Example, I want to see rares that are only swords and evasion armor, for both campaign and mapping. I actually pick them up and ID them, but consequently I'll never want to see energy shield shit, wands, 2H axes, etc etc. Do I like...hide all rares, then make rules specifically showing those two? Or is there another way? It seems like it should be pretty basic but I've never found a simple way to do it.

You can do this via filterblade. Just uncheck the base types you don't want from the campaign section.

You can get the same results for the endgame rare section by re-tiering all the base types you don't want in to the tier3 section, then just hiding all t3 rares.

1722016362082.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Non-functional might be too aggressive, but it looks well in to the 'not worth it' territory at this point.

The coc DD builds of the past were so strong because they could invest like 100 passives in to defenses/QoL and still hit 20m dps because DD scaling was so absurd. With it losing ~50% or maybe even more damage it's just not gonna have the juice to allow you to do that and your options for investing in to corpse life/damage are pretty limited.

Real hard for me to want to DD when I could just be firestorm or mjolnir or whatever on inquis
I think you're underestimating how strong the skill (still) is. If you use that 22k number and assume it hits 5 times(you can get higher with arcanist brand), it's essentially a 1500% effectiveness skill. Even if you model out the support taken by desecrate(divide by 1.35), that's still better than most(all?) other spells.

FWIW, if you use a 70k average corpse from 3.24, DD of Chaining would be a 3500% effectiveness skill.

I agree that scaling the build is difficult and the point at which you switch to a different build is now sooner. Note, I'm talking strictly league start at this point. I try to exclude any uniques that are T3+ from my league start builds. Even if mjolner was cheap in 3.24(was it? my work blocks poe.ninja), it still might be susceptible to market forces in 3.25.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
1855, not too bad. But never seems to matter too much, i feel like i always get a dc/crash in mud flats or something anyway