Path of Exile

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At work so can't test in pob.

Anyone know if the damage that gets converted to cold from skills like glacial hammer only affect local physical, or is it physical from flat from say Zerker and rings etc?

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
At work so can't test in pob.

Anyone know if the damage that gets converted to cold from skills like glacial hammer only affect local physical, or is it physical from flat from say Zerker and rings etc?
It converts the flat from items too, like Abyssus etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Man, I'm really leaning toward a lightning strike Slayer this league. But I'm also considering a Jugg as well.

Which one is more braindead? Jugg has always been a fav of mine because it's so insanely defensive that you get to mostly shut off your brain, but Slayer changes seem pretty nutty for tankability now too.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you want to play specifically lightning strike I would not do Jugg. You're gonna struggle for damage constantly and need to do some esoteric accuracy stack type nonsense to get anywhere.

Slayer is a lot more paint by numbers - get many frenzy charges, do big damage, have insane leech. Not a lot more complex than that going on and it'll faceroll T16 maps no problem.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If you want to play specifically lightning strike I would not do Jugg. You're gonna struggle for damage constantly and need to do some esoteric accuracy stack type nonsense to get anywhere.

Slayer is a lot more paint by numbers - get many frenzy charges, do big damage, have insane leech. Not a lot more complex than that going on and it'll faceroll T16 maps no problem.
I'm not sold on lightning strike for Jugg at all. I just don't like the limitations of something like Boneshatter is all. It's a solid mapper, but really seems to fall off late game IMO.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
In a purely league start scenario boneshatter or full warcry piano slams are probably the only thing I'd say is gonna be a 'smooth' start on jugg.

Everything else is gonna struggle hard to find damage without key items to scale damage via alternate means like str stack, accuracy, etc.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so ralakesh didnt get nerfed correct? ralakesh/arn's anguish combo still rockin, just now with uber ele mitigation too?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone wanna poke holes in this sanctum before finishing campaign PoB i made (overexert support is on a flask). I think a 4link 1 million+ dps at level 69 should get me through early sanctums but the defenses might be a problem i'm not sure, there's not a whole lot of life nearby and i don't know if it would be the way to go over more dps, but just some levels would give me some more hp too.
Stuff like enduring composure cluster jewel and other things that i have a hard time imagining getting right away is what i'm trying to build whitout before i can get the money to get those things. The forbidden rite is so i can self savage hit (at around 52% chaos res + fortify i am) for the new vengeful cry which is most likely going to be totally busted (self damage also procs daresso chest, which would proc it's onslaught mod but also eternal apple when i switch to it).

so ralakesh didnt get nerfed correct? ralakesh/arn's anguish combo still rockin, just now with uber ele mitigation too?
yep, but it's a t1 unique so don't plan on it for league start

Edit: just found the unique hezmana axe, might be an option for weapon over a rare one, gives similar dps as the rare thats in that pob

Last edited:

Penance

Ralakesh will be 11d minimum be end of week. Probably about 5-8d first few days.

Replica Badge will probably sky rocket to 5d+ as well if I had to guess.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Gonna go slayer and very well may end up doing LS again, damn I'm boring, will probably start with a different skill but having LS as an option is good as a backup.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if CoC DD is still one of the best starters. Especially since it will be not as meta. Does this look correct for determining average corpse life in 3.24?

Code:
S = Spectre Corpse
Z = Zone Corpse

0.15 * S + 0.85 * (0.5 * S + 0.5 * Z)
0.15 * S + 0.425 * S + 0.425 * Z
0.44 * S + 0.425 * Z

15% chance to generate a corpse from one of your spectres. 85% chance to generate a corpse from the zone's pool. Which I guessed at half being your spectres and half being the zone's. At league start, you have 360% life spectres and lets set zone corpses at 100%(this is underestimating I expect).

0.44 * 115260 + 0.425 * 32016 = 64321

Multiply by 1.1 for the two small passives.

For 3.25 it would just be 32016. Any higher life monsters makes 3.25 better. So, the corpse explosion lost about half its damage. Maybe 2/3rds at the really high end with meatsacks and such from T17s.

Given that the spell damage part does 586 damage at 100% effectiveness, the corpse explosion is doing almost 3x that. Just hard to scale both equally like a regular skill.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I wonder if CoC DD is still one of the best starters. Especially since it will be not as meta. Does this look correct for determining average corpse life in 3.24?

Code:
S = Spectre Corpse
Z = Zone Corpse

0.15 * S + 0.85 * (0.5 * S + 0.5 * Z)
0.15 * S + 0.425 * S + 0.425 * Z
0.44 * S + 0.425 * Z

15% chance to generate a corpse from one of your spectres. 85% chance to generate a corpse from the zone's pool. Which I guessed at half being your spectres and half being the zone's. At league start, you have 360% life spectres and lets set zone corpses at 100%(this is underestimating I expect).

0.44 * 115260 + 0.425 * 32016 = 64321

Multiply by 1.1 for the two small passives.

For 3.25 it would just be 32016. Any higher life monsters makes 3.25 better. So, the corpse explosion lost about half its damage. Maybe 2/3rds at the really high end with meatsacks and such from T17s.

Given that the spell damage part does 586 damage at 100% effectiveness, the corpse explosion is doing almost 3x that. Just hard to scale both equally like a regular skill.

You can't detonate corpses from your specter pool at all anymore. I don't think the skill is even close to functional between losing so much corpse level/life and not having access to higher health corpses like crushclaws or whatever:

Corpses spawned by the Desecrate and Corpse Walk skills now have a flat 15% chance to match your spectres, rather than a 15% chance on top of being added to the main pool of corpse varieties that can be picked from. These Spectral Corpses are now unusable for most purposes, and can only be used by Minion Skills such as Raise Spectre or Bone Offering

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have a couple of possible builds. I feel like I'm playing the spin the wheel to find a build someone posted on reddit. Just as well I rarely do a lot of bossing.

Some of the builds I just glanced at no idea what they are doing. It's like clickbait came to PoE. In their PoB they don't have tree by act or early, mid, mapping, late etc.. but they broke it up into 3 or 4 different POBs. No idea what the point of that is.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can't detonate corpses from your specter pool at all anymore. I don't think the skill is even close to functional between losing so much corpse level/life and not having access to higher health corpses like crushclaws or whatever:
I disagree wrt it not being functional. Is the number I'm using, ~32k, incorrect for 100% corpse life?

I agree it lost a lot. I'm trying to quantify how much exactly. What's wrong about my 3.24 calculation? I'll admit that I'm making a guess at 85% breakdown.

EDIT: Actually, that 32k is wrong. I forgot that desecrate lost max levels. Should be 22633?

Last edited:

Mahes

Can somebody link the easy to follow path wise , brain-dead, easy to play, but has good potential, Slayer build that has been discussed a few times? I want to try something that has good defense, because I am honestly not the best at avoid mechanics while also DPSing.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can somebody link the easy to follow path wise , brain-dead, easy to play, but has good potential, Slayer build that has been discussed a few times? I want to try something that has good defense, because I am honestly not the best at avoid mechanics while also DPSing.

Are you talking about this one from Zizaran/Carn maybe?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just a warning, I'd be careful about people being very positive about Slayer for league start. They are likely using Enduring Cry for endurance charge generation, which can be unreliable and annoying to use.

I plan on trying out Slayer only after I can get a more reliable means of endurance charge generation like eldritch implicit on chest or ralakesh.