Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
What's the key to gettting the town up and running. I went there and talked to everyone. Followed the list of stuff on the quest UI. Hired a miner. Then that's it. Nobody will say anything or do anything. Have to wait for him to mine more stuff to get options to do anything else?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
What's the key to gettting the town up and running. I went there and talked to everyone. Followed the list of stuff on the quest UI. Hired a miner. Then that's it. Nobody will say anything or do anything. Have to wait for him to mine more stuff to get options to do anything else?
I just started myself, but it's pretty self explanatory. Upgrade all the things. Upgrade town hall, get the three recruits. Open mine. Open trading. Pretty much just keep playing and getting ores and gold, and keep adding and upgrades town structured ASAP.

Borzak

But I don't get any option to do anything other than the same flavor text over and over. I'll screw with it again later. Something is funky. I kept getting the quest thing find a way to whatever the town is called over and over after gone there several times. But at least I didn't crash doing Oak.

I did see a new unique that looks pretty nice.
Koam's Command - helmet
25% increased warcry speed
Nearby corpses explode when you warcry dealing 9% of their life as physical damage.
34% larger warcry area of effect.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
On a side note, started a marauder who is going to be RF chieftan, found out your town is shared among your toons.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Slow going for me. Act 8 now and found 8 Chaos so far. Last League I found my first in Yellow maps.

Clicked almost all the resource nodes while leveling so I had lots of ore queued up. Decided to get the miners up and running for collecting it

Borzak

Kind of wish it wasn't character bound cause I would start another. I upgraded. Hired a coulple of miners, assigned them to mining. Have the gold to pay them. Do all the nodes when out and about. And nothing gets mined so I'm lacking resources to do anything.

If I click on the town map instant DC.

Edit - after the last crash my miners started doing something finally.

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Kind of wish it wasn't character bound cause I would start another. I upgraded. Hired a coulple of miners, assigned them to mining. Have the gold to pay them. Do all the nodes when out and about. And nothing gets mined so I'm lacking resources to do anything.

If I click on the town map instant DC.

Edit - after the last crash my miners started doing something finally.
It's not character bound. Town is account bound.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man I just really hate the PoE campaign. I'm struggling to log in just because I don't want to get... 20+ passives + pantheons + ascendancy tablets + do 10 acts.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've not played this since 2018, and man the engine update makes the game look really pretty good. Last time I played it ran and looked like dogshit. I'm having fun following gladiator guide, but fuck me is there a lot to learn. It's honestly overwhelming at times. Lvl 40, only just now into Act 4. I guess the seasonal stuff should be worked on asap? I've not done a minute of it yet.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone who hasn't started yet, marauder/jugg sunder is so easy for leveling this league. You shouldn't die at all in acts, and the damage is easy. Also the league mechanic is great, my favorite league probably already.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Something is fucky with the ships and they must have some kind of expiration timer on the reward payout? Both my ships I sent out before bed last night are just...gone? They are both available to send out again, but no rewards for the 2+ hour long shipments I sent them on last night

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think I have a PS5 specific bug.

So you can assign miners and smelters to do specific ores first right? I can't change from the default, so have to wait for the basic ore to be done before they move to the others.

Anyway ship rewards seem good, seems to be higher power useful items or currency.

Lightning Strike is really fun and it's not quite online yet, just about to get return projectiles gem and pierce from skill tree.

Waiting on my first chaos to get the Vaal version of the skill.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Man I just really hate the PoE campaign. I'm struggling to log in just because I don't want to get... 20+ passives + pantheons + ascendancy tablets + do 10 acts.
Literally the only thing still preventing this game from becoming one of the GOATs.

The fact that they still think it's a good idea to make you slog through that bullshit is as bad as them thinking it'd be a good idea to go back to town to refill your flasks in PoE 2. I honestly wouldn't even mind it that much if it wasn't for all the side bullshit you have to do along the way like bandits, gods, passives, etc.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Now this is some fucking big slammage

1722105726848.png

Borzak

Yeah the new league looks good and the currency market looks like it would do well. But by act 5 I'm already feeling the urge to say meh.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Figured I'd go with a miner, trickster I think, for start. some new to me options for whatever set I end up with, but looking like Hexblast will be what I settle on. Liking the new league so far.

Everytime I play, and go through ship graveyard, I immediately am reminded of the Phantasm theme music, just so simillar, I ended up queuing up the first 4 movies.