Path of Exile

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Those fucking tornadoes from the Bismuth nodes are a little overtuned. They're pretty ridiculous.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd love to try a melee, but holy shit is it boring going through these acts. I think its worse because I am a newb, so doing things by a guide, otherwise I would be wasting a lot of time. They should streamline this more.

I'd bet for most players the wouldn't mind going through this campaign much much faster and then get to what people enjoy in ARPGs. Then again maybe its just me being new, since people were already 90+ last night.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Made it to Act 4, damage pretty good but I could use more links. Got the first Slayer Ascendancy done, been pretty smooth sailing, but I really hate doing the campaign. Will probably hop back on tomorrow, but I think it'll be another few days before I can make myself finish it :(.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I try and choose a starter that will scale well into endgame, since i don't like doing the campaign either and I'm pretty slow with kid and wife distractions. This time took me 12 hours played,maybe 3ish if that afk. I did notice quite a lot of new stuff they've added which was nice to find on the way.

For me the game really starts to get fun around 60ish atlas tree points when you have a decent tree going. I'm starting blight+essence for now, then strongbox and map effect later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I try and choose a starter that will scale well into endgame, since i don't like doing the campaign either and I'm pretty slow with kid and wife distractions. This time took me 12 hours played,maybe 3ish if that afk. I did notice quite a lot of new stuff they've added which was nice to find on the way.

For me the game really starts to get fun around 60ish atlas tree points when you have a decent tree going. I'm starting blight+essence for now, then strongbox and map effect later.
Agreed, way more fun once you get to like level 55+

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Anyone who hasn't started yet, marauder/jugg sunder is so easy for leveling this league. You shouldn't die at all in acts, and the damage is easy. Also the league mechanic is great, my favorite league probably already.
While I agree it is good, I am a marauder Sunder at the moment, you still die occasionally because you are melee and shit that falls from the sky still eats your shit fast while you are trying to attack.

Died to the fire minotaur guy in Act 5.

The village is okay but will be interesting to see it once you get deep in the game. I am still only in Act 6 and I have something like 22 workers going. Gold drops like candy. Even the early game shipments vary from items (haven't got anything good beyond some common uniques yet) to currency (got some chaos).

I second the Bismuth tornadoes. I was just in a cave doing an abyss and wondered why I died suddenly.......then saw the tornado.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm sure I just missed / ignored some quest text on the right, but Im about to Act 5 and still haven't been to the league city area. Is it something you can just go to like your hideout?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why are people complaining about the campaign?

You'd just be in the same areas killing the same mobs in maps.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Why do you have the all time worst takes on.... everything?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That would be true if there no atlas points, no scarabs, and no way to juice maps and such.

So no, it's not true at all.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Even if this wasn't a retarded take and that was the actual case, that then begs the question..

What is the fucking point of the campaign then?

Borzak

Ok dumb question time. I'm only playing a few minutes then out. I get runes from shipping. What do you do with them? I looked it up on the wiki and the rune bench/crafting page for runes this league is missing. I'm still way way back in the campaign maybe it will become clear later.

Also is it qol changes this league that you don't have to click on waypoints and if you die the auras you have going don't have to be recast or was that a previous league and I just missed it?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Whoever put that fucking singing goblin in the game, I hope your entire family dies in a fiery plane crash.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
That would be true if there no atlas points, no scarabs, and no way to juice maps and such.

So no, it's not true at all.
That's a good point, they are baking more of that into the campaign but they could do more.

But wishing for stuff like this is how we got Blizzard style level scaling AIDS.

Borzak

One thing POE got right is once you are done with the campaign it's up to you to decide how much risk you want to take and thus goes with what type of reward. Feel freel to run non juiced white maps if it's all you want to do, or do uber bosses and juiced maps if that is your thing. Beats just a simple click of easy/medium/hard difficulty.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeea I love RF Chieftan, fuck resist hunting!

Skärmbild 2024-07-28 174359.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok dumb question time. I'm only playing a few minutes then out. I get runes from shipping. What do you do with them? I looked it up on the wiki and the rune bench/crafting page for runes this league is missing. I'm still way way back in the campaign maybe it will become clear later.

Also is it qol changes this league that you don't have to click on waypoints and if you die the auras you have going don't have to be recast or was that a previous league and I just missed it?

You build a bench next to the smelter that uses those runes. Pretty sure that is what I built and what you are talking about. Might be wrong though, I am new and pretty clueless about 90% of this game.