Path of Exile

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
can someone explain something to me - RF scales with life ya? And there’s now an insane amount of life on items. Yet I’m not seeing much about RF this league other than the usual suspects /pohx. Am I missing something ? I’m currently trying to leaguestart RF ; feels painfully weak dps wise so far compared to my usual starters like exsang/cf but I’m determined to see this shit thru as I’m expecting it to scale bigly later on, am I making a mistake ?
I’m hoping just scaling massive life will be a useful form of defense in itself, coupled with high regen. Obviously would like to incorporate endurance charges and block too if I can figure it out (I don’t see much room for spell suppress atleast not where my tree is going currently)
I just follow Pohx guide but I dont think it scales of Life. RF gets its Regeneration from stacking Fire Resist and regen HP from whats overcapped.

I scale my RF damage from Damage over Time, Fire Damage, Ignite, Elemental Damage.

Pohxs build procs Ignite and the Chieftan Ascendancy Explode the screen.

Then late game you spec into 75% Block and Spell Block and a Shield with HP on Block.

This is Chieftan though, maybe the Templar dude scales with other stats.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Got my lacerate guard up to lvl 90 and decided to try a necro last night for grins (having never gotten a character past lvl 49 previous attempts).

SRS Necro is a ton of fun to level! Think I'll main this chick for the rest of this league and have like 35 chaos orbs and 5 divine orbs waiting for her to finish leveling. Game has a few glaring issues but when a build clicks it is really satisfying. The town is satisfying as well in that it takes minimal effort to get up and running and then you're showered with currency. Will be interested to see how that inflation is morphing economy, as I've yet to trade with another player and have zero idea how to even do it, lol.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
1722465819396.png

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone find a giga gold farming strat and post it here.

Thanks.

I dunno about giga, but blight has been good to me this league. I assume T17s are still the big money but haven't gotten into them yet.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got to act7 finally.

Rerolled a couple times, trying to find something I like. Though like most games, seems you have to get to the middle to late levels to really feel how a spec plays, those first 40-50 levels are just starter and skills/playstyle can change alot later. Got the first two to about 40 and just wasnt feeling it.

Doing this now:

It's a lot more fun, at least after 31, to get to 31 sucked with stupid rolling magma. But once with firestorm was a blast. I am hoping I can hang on long enough to get to final build in the video. Bad thing about it, is just have that video and the path of building. So a ton of googling on my part to find where stuff is. Like the wands he mentions I have no clue how to get. And learning this path of building thing was interesting. Worst comes to worst, I finish campaign and do whatever the hell mapping is before I get bored.

Still might try a melee, depends if I am still interested.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got to act7 finally.

Rerolled a couple times, trying to find something I like. Though like most games, seems you have to get to the middle to late levels to really feel how a spec plays, those first 40-50 levels are just starter and skills/playstyle can change alot later. Got the first two to about 40 and just wasnt feeling it.

Doing this now:

It's a lot more fun, at least after 31, to get to 31 sucked with stupid rolling magma. But once with firestorm was a blast. I am hoping I can hang on long enough to get to final build in the video. Bad thing about it, is just have that video and the path of building. So a ton of googling on my part to find where stuff is. Like the wands he mentions I have no clue how to get. And learning this path of building thing was interesting. Worst comes to worst, I finish campaign and do whatever the hell mapping is before I get bored.

Still might try a melee, depends if I am still interested.

Yea that build is popular and seems like a beast. Both my friends play it and having a good time.

I think this is the first time I have set up an Atlas and really see what a difference it can make in Currency drops. Its basically Red Altars and Harbingers and Beyond.

Have probably reinvested 15 Divines total into the build so now I'm broke again. Mainly by crafting my own gear with help of a guide, 1 Divine in crafting stuff can make pretty nice stuff that is 5-10 Divines on the market. The build is mega tanky and shit explode screenwide.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Surely with all the unthinkable QoL they've added, Shield Charge's pathing is on the shortlist? It's ridiculous how many builds are held hostage by a shitty movement skill.

Non-shit bow movement skill too, please.

Just use Leap Slam and wonder why everyone else complains about their movement skills. I did not know Shield Slam was a problem because I've never socketed it before.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Uber lab done, waited til 82 but only have 3k hps....pretty proud of myself. Had to hop off so I couldn't see how much the leech helped yet but will definitely try the burial chamber asshole again for reference, lol.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was tempted to buy some stash tabs, just to make life easier with all these gems, essence, fragments etc. But realize poe 2 isnt that far out, so seems like a bad investment this late.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They've committed to cosmetic MTX applying to both games, fwiw. I'm not certain on functional MTX.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Was tempted to buy some stash tabs, just to make life easier with all these gems, essence, fragments etc. But realize poe 2 isnt that far out, so seems like a bad investment this late.
As far as I know the tabs should transfer over, along with any MTX that goes over to POE2. Up to you either way but I think you'll be okay!

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone tried blight this league? Not even blighted maps, just the atlas spec.

Something feels entirely broken? I've failed I think a dozen in a row now trying to use Cassia's Pride - it's like it isn't actually buffing tower damage or something? One of the lanes just spawns 5+ bosses all at once and even if you get lucky and it's way late in the encounter there's no combination of towers that do even close to enough damage to kill them all.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm doing blight. Uhhh, I think the idea is you're supposed to kill those bosses yourself, not be able to afk through it, even with ring enchants.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Meteor tower burning ground + chilling towers freeze, then if you're melee you better be tanky enough to stand in the middle of them. I haven't tried the keystone that buffs towers and nerfs your damage.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea last league you could take that keystone and just built a couple t4 minion towers then go afk while they killed the entire thing on their own.

Something definitely changed tho, cause now you basically get to assemble your first couple towers, the waves start, and you lose before they've even killed enough to generate resources for more towers.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They've committed to cosmetic MTX applying to both games, fwiw. I'm not certain on functional MTX.

As far as I know the tabs should transfer over, along with any MTX that goes over to POE2. Up to you either way but I think you'll be okay!

I did not know this. Did some googling to confirm, looks like its true.

Will have to spend a little then, just to organize my stash better.

Figure Gem, Map, essence, fragment, flask tabs

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Did same today, worth it. Plus the $60 supporter packs have cool armor. Put 60 hours into this since patch…. Really having fun