Path of Exile

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got my lacerate guard up to lvl 90 and decided to try a necro last night for grins (having never gotten a character past lvl 49 previous attempts).
Not sure if the build is similar enough, but I'm building bleed Lacerate.

About lv50 so far, but I'm using Sunder and it's double the damage and triple the aoe.

Can anyone explain to me why people are building Lacerate? I don't have the Lacerate of Haemorrhage yet so maybe that's it?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Got to act7 finally.

Rerolled a couple times, trying to find something I like. Though like most games, seems you have to get to the middle to late levels to really feel how a spec plays, those first 40-50 levels are just starter and skills/playstyle can change alot later. Got the first two to about 40 and just wasnt feeling it.

Doing this now:

It's a lot more fun, at least after 31, to get to 31 sucked with stupid rolling magma. But once with firestorm was a blast. I am hoping I can hang on long enough to get to final build in the video. Bad thing about it, is just have that video and the path of building. So a ton of googling on my part to find where stuff is. Like the wands he mentions I have no clue how to get. And learning this path of building thing was interesting. Worst comes to worst, I finish campaign and do whatever the hell mapping is before I get bored.

Still might try a melee, depends if I am still interested.

That's what I am trying. I just got to act 10, not at maps yet. Though still using the firestorm skill. Two of the main skills in it, to shift to ice, requires either managing to craft them (at the labyrinth I think?), or buy them for 20-30c each. At least that was the cost when I looked them up.

It's "easy" to make that money I guess if you know what you're doing (what loot to sell for 1+c), but if you're SSF or just vendor most stuff because you don't know what stat makes an item go from worthless to 10c, it's going to take a while to get that build online.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did they mention anywhere in the patch notes that rage was capped at 100? If not here's me letting you know before you get dissapointed like me.
Only plus side for me is that i can save some points on the tree.
It was a bug and they just fixed it too.

1722504422927.png

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Only got 3 raw chaos drops so far.
3 6 link drops by the start of act 9. I mean literally the first thing I killed off the boat in act 9.
One corrupted and 2 non corrupted. Of course I couldn't use any of them but they sold.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I haven't seen Einhar since act 7-9, I only have heist stuff blocked. Just odd, don't really need him yet.

Was a little nervous hitting red maps, as gear isn't really upgraded at all, but still blasting, haven't died yet.

I get at least 1 chaos per boat, gotten a couple divines too.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The text does. The actual hyperlink is atwm0 r ag d sendibm3 com/mk/cl/f/sh/7nVU1aA2nfsTTCwMHFhIlgdp23DkK7q/x6RLQ_bV254E

I replaced the periods with spaces in the FQDN because...idk.
I know I'm late to see this. (just started lurking at work) Just manually copy the actual link and paste it in the URL line. Hyperlink is borked for some reason.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I haven't seen Einhar since act 7-9, I only have heist stuff blocked. Just odd, don't really need him yet.

Was a little nervous hitting red maps, as gear isn't really upgraded at all, but still blasting, haven't died yet.

Is einhar in your hideout? Will he pop in even if you use a scarab to force it?

If not, you may have the same bug I had with Alva last league. If that's the case, start a new character and go through the acts and then make sure to actually do his quest in act 2 instead of skipping over him.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yeah once I started hitting the port requests I'm usually getting a Chaos.

Has anyone got a TLDR on what to send beyond missions? Saw something about certain materials being multipliers.

Nachturne

Silver Squire
Not sure if the build is similar enough, but I'm building bleed Lacerate.

About lv50 so far, but I'm using Sunder and it's double the damage and triple the aoe.

Can anyone explain to me why people are building Lacerate? I don't have the Lacerate of Haemorrhage yet so maybe that's it?
They swap to Lacerate of Haemorrhage, which unfortunately is going for around 90 chaos atm.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They swap to Lacerate of Haemorrhage, which unfortunately is going for around 90 chaos atm.
Thanks.

Lacerate is doing nice single target dps now but targeting is a but awkward, this is my main issue now. Also changed Sunder to have a bunch of +aoe which is great for clearing trash.

Just starting Act 10 and one shotting most things so I'm gonna find out how good this is when I hit maps.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm still not entirely convinced by it, especially with my current gear. In maps though, I'm zooming shield charge and watching groups pop in blood. Bosses though are a pita, and mostly why I switched to necro. Bosses just melt to your minions and while you're not nearly as tanky, it's easier to avoid stuff and keep dmg on boss for a newb like me who doesn't have 50+ Chaos orbs to toss.

Borzak

Guess starter build worked out okay. Finished campaign and the first 4 maps I had and have only done the first lab. I need to do them. Everything was super easy so far. Guessing that will change.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Couldn't belive it today when I saw a build I was looking at on PoR Ninja with the utility flasks thst automatically activate.

I'm going to go for "activate at max charges" with "+1-3 chargee when hit" for a nice defensive layer. I see there's stuff like you can drink an unfreeze flask when frozen though. Also shipping is rewarding the currency for it consistently.

This seems like a big deal and is classic PoE user unfriendliness, I missed the patch this was added and high end builds you may look at use Mageblood instead.

They need to add a quest or something for features like this.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really hope they keep the currency exchange. Liquidated 16 Divines from shit I dont use, like Scarabs and Fragments etc. That would take days before doing it manually.

Bought Annihilations Approach and a Jewel for all of it and hope it does something... Lost a little chaos resist and regen by equipping it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I really hope they keep the currency exchange. Liquidated 16 Divines from shit I dont use, like Scarabs and Fragments etc. That would take days before doing it manually.

Bought Annihilations Approach and a Jewel for all of it and hope it does something... Lost a little chaos resist and regen by equipping it.
Is there a fast way to do it?

Had a quick look and seemed like I had to look up which ratio to use?

Aazrael

Is there a fast way to do it?

Had a quick look and seemed like I had to look up which ratio to use?
If you put in how many you have then delete the number in the what you want to charge it puts a "market value" there. I had no time to crank out an extra chaos here and there so just took the suggested price.

• 1Like

Borzak

Some currencies the gold price is kind of high. But not having to send upteen tells before someone answers is super nice even if you get a little less or pay a little more for that one currency you need .

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Couldn't belive it today when I saw a build I was looking at on PoR Ninja with the utility flasks thst automatically activate.

I'm going to go for "activate at max charges" with "+1-3 chargee when hit" for a nice defensive layer. I see there's stuff like you can drink an unfreeze flask when frozen though. Also shipping is rewarding the currency for it consistently.

This seems like a big deal and is classic PoE user unfriendliness, I missed the patch this was added and high end builds you may look at use Mageblood instead.

They need to add a quest or something for features like this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• 1Truth!

Aazrael

Thats my top priority when I start getting Currency, to craft the Automatic potions. I fucking hate clikcing that shit.

• 1Like