Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If your armor isn't already well crafted just buy a 6l on the right base and craft it

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Hey I need an atlas suggestion, just about to start red maps.

I got all the major nodes to boost scarab drops and rogue exiles (unique enemies have a higher scarab chance), so I've gotten a good enough income from selling scarabs to buy my basic endgame gear.

My choice now is to pick up all the +3% scarab nodes or invest in another strategy, hopefully a bit of both.

I want to stick to things in the maps so the scarab nodes are active, so no Sanctum/Mines/Heist etc.

I have a node that gives rares extra scarab chance per modifier on them, so what mechanic spawns the most rares?
Scarab can pair pretty well with Harvest, since the plant nodes always contain rares. But if you don't really like doing any of the "extra" type content in maps and want to JUST run the map, scarab pairs pretty well with strongboxes or essences. Strongboxes also give you additional "unique" enemies, which scarab boosts drops on by 200%. Essences are very consistent currency, but they are fucking retardedly juiced beyond Tier 6 in maps, due to scaling. If you run essence, I'd stick to Tier 6 and below. It still makes great currency though, especially since Tier 6 can be run with even a scuffed build.

I think I'm about to respec to Slayer and off Glad. Retal skills are cool and all, but holy fuck is it annoying/scary as shit at the late game to WANT to be hit and pray to god you get a block instead of a one-shot. It's just getting less and less fun the more I start to juice maps. Just not a fan of the strategy involved in the builds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Slayers can steal the lucky block node as well. It's expensive but it's a huge, added defensive layer. In fact... lucky block is actually op.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Scarab can pair pretty well with Harvest, since the plant nodes always contain rares. But if you don't really like doing any of the "extra" type content in maps and want to JUST run the map, scarab pairs pretty well with strongboxes or essences. Strongboxes also give you additional "unique" enemies, which scarab boosts drops on by 200%. Essences are very consistent currency, but they are fucking retardedly juiced beyond Tier 6 in maps, due to scaling. If you run essence, I'd stick to Tier 6 and below. It still makes great currency though, especially since Tier 6 can be run with even a scuffed build.

I think I'm about to respec to Slayer and off Glad. Retal skills are cool and all, but holy fuck is it annoying/scary as shit at the late game to WANT to be hit and pray to god you get a block instead of a one-shot. It's just getting less and less fun the more I start to juice maps. Just not a fan of the strategy involved in the builds.
Perfect, thanks.

I'm on Gladiator, using Lacerate and Bladestorm so no retaliation skills.

Haven't died at all in maps and very rare to be in danger, I'm up to T12.

Snagged a 5% health on block early for the 1 divine that dropped and it's putting in some work.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
it doesn't give all of them, there's a bunch of supports it doesn't give, golems, arcanist brand, and some others.
You also have to carry your currency with you to buy them. Or you did a billion years ago before they added the new Acts and people actually used the library vendor.

1722974142110.png

• 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is something fucky with Sunder or is it just me ? sometimes I hit a group of enemies 4x and their HPs do not move, then I move an inch and they evaporate. Make it very unfun to play. Could it be just lag ?
fcking unholy might doesnt like my brutality support.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Having fun with Slayer but it was a lil off coming from Champion until I got the overleech ascendancy.....I think once I get the fortify on hit chance eldritch implicit I may not even miss last season's Champion.

Still nowhere near the damage I had, but I definitely feel stronger week 2, though it could also be due to experience as well even though I have a million things still to learn.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I built up a healthy amount of scarab doing maven node destructive play with all the influenced map drops nodes and scarab chance. It's a bit rippy and I didn't get passed 92 until I had all my void stones but it wasn't a bad strat. You also save on your last 2 void stones cause you earn them yourself

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
While I will say melee is a lot better this league, it still suffers from defensive issues, at least from a scrub player perspective like myself.

Big hits aren't the issue, it's the death by a thousand cuts with which this game is infinitely plagued. Open up a strongbox and get plowed while you are in mid-air leap slamming away lol.

That being said, I am playing berzerker which is just asking for trouble, but I like to complain.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

I didn't notice this shield in the league uniques but its only 5c and is basically Gladiator at home

1722994355295.png

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't notice this shield in the league uniques but its only 5c and is basically Gladiator at home

View attachment 540091
Yea its what I'm using on slayer fb. Eventually I think I'll buy glad node and get a nice shaper shield but this thing puts in work. Char sheet at 60/60 so that's essentially like 80 block or something. If I don't get one shot I don't die. With 8 endurance charges the only thing outside pinnacle that one shots me are phys mods. If i manage to get mage blood, glad node and 10 endurance I could break 300k ehp easy.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Someone had a ring that was listed since last week at 75c which IMO is overpriced. I offered them 40c, they invited me, i traded the 40c, he closed the trade and accused me of being a toxic scammer. I had edited the whole text of the offer to state something like 'hi im willing to offer you 40c for that ring instead' while leaving in the poetrade reference to where in his stash it is. I thought that was clear and it was a legit offer. Maybe I need to be even more clear and have something absurd like 'WARNING YOU HAVE THIS LISTED FOR 75c BUT IM ONLY WILLING TO OFFER 40c'.

What's the etiquette here?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
hah, i made that kind of mistake as a new player years ago as well.

the correct way to negotiate is like this:

@Person Hi, I would like to buy your The Doctor listed for 11.8 divine in Settlers (stash tab "1"; position: left 9, top 4) will you take 10div?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I hate that I'm constantly fucking broke. There' never enough gold

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Khane

Someone had a ring that was listed since last week at 75c which IMO is overpriced. I offered them 40c, they invited me, i traded the 40c, he closed the trade and accused me of being a toxic scammer. I had edited the whole text of the offer to state something like 'hi im willing to offer you 40c for that ring instead' while leaving in the poetrade reference to where in his stash it is. I thought that was clear and it was a legit offer. Maybe I need to be even more clear and have something absurd like 'WARNING YOU HAVE THIS LISTED FOR 75c BUT IM ONLY WILLING TO OFFER 40c'.

What's the etiquette here?

No etiquette issue on your end, people mostly just don't read, they get the notification, see its for a trade and then invite without reading further.

The only thing I do differently, and only to avoid the waste of time and accusations, is I send a message first to the effect of "You have a ring listed for 75c, I'll offer 40 on it. Its this" and then I use the trade site message button to send the link after that

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would say there's some etiquette issue to changing an automated message. Trade is informally based around the assumption that the message is trustworthy. Additionally, the message says "listed for x", and by changing that, the message is not truthful.

Khane

I would say there's some etiquette issue to changing an automated message. Trade is informally based around the assumption that the message is trustworthy. Additionally, the message says "listed for x", and by changing that, the message is not truthful.

He said he left the listed amount didn't he? And then just appended his offer as such?

Removing the listed amount and writing your own would indeed be scum villainy

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're right, he didn't explicitly say that he did that, my mistake. Just a generic rewriting of the automated message. Which, I would say is still something you shouldn't do, but more in a grey area.

1 ping, block of text: automated message.
2 pings, block of text + short message: haggling.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
No etiquette issue on your end, people mostly just don't read, they get the notification, see its for a trade and then invite without reading further.

The only thing I do differently, and only to avoid the waste of time and accusations, is I send a message first to the effect of "You have a ring listed for 75c, I'll offer 40 on it. Its this" and then I use the trade site message button to send the link after that
Thats what i do cause i'm totally blind to someones addendum in/at the end of a trade msg.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have a link to a basic write up on how to get divines thru shipping best? Is it basically just 300k + value of farm stuff and send anywhere? Any port better than others?