Path of Exile

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Yeah, Trickster with CI node and energy shield seems nutty. Kinda wishing I had gone Trickster Hexblast this league, but I am enjoying Lightning Strike quite a bit.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Hey, headhunter map effect lol.

1723949197280.png

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Ugh, at 96 I bought 3 omens of amelioration, and didn't need one to hit 97. Then, was running a bunch of 8mod Jungle Valley ans got a little greedy on the altar mods and died around 38%.

No problem, lost 2%, let's finish the map. Died again and lost the full 10%, didn't realize they only work once per map :( .

On a good note, said fuck it and ran a T17 fortress and got my last map slot with no problem at all.....probably should have done it sooner.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What's the build this league for doing all content from juiced t16/t17 map shenanigans to bosses/maybe uber bosses? My LS slayer is fun but does have his limitations. Do I just dump a bunch more currency into my archmage frost nova of ice bolts heiro to try and put it on par with the end-game guide versions or roll something else up?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Kinda fell behind with this. Was about to get my wand/shield upgraded a week or so ago, wanted a decent crit wand with the + skill/chaos & decent spell dmg, similar for shield, but didn't end up buying. Now i see a bunch of shitty options around the prices I was looking at before, and the actual decent options that were reasonable, are far out of my price range, at least out of range of my motivation.

I don't think it matters, I had a fun run, hit 97, and I tend to get bored of these in a couple weeks.

If anyone wants to take my shit for hexblast trickster, your welcome to it as long as ya actually gonna do something with it (was doing a sandstorm/marylene setup). It's not remotely uber gear, but you can blast essentially everything with it without your brain, unless it has shit mods or requires doing mechanics. (thats up to you, I suck) Had tons of work/room to grow too, I'll prob toss ya currency too, not rich, but handful div/chaos/ect left.Prob dump whatever maps/frg/scarabs/ect into guildbank.

Maybe I'll try EQ Teek out again, LFGuild months into the server isn't appealing though. Wonder if that necro epic sky shit easier/cheaper to get.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don’t sleep on valdos maps. A lot of the garbage reward ones are ignored but if you can handle feared / conqs etc or there’s mods on there that have lots of atlas bosses appear or whatever, you can make a lot of currency esp if there’s good map conversion rates on it. I’d say in softcore any valdos map (non void one) is worth atleast 40-50c just from how rewarding they can be

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I opened some valdo boxes cause i've never really done it before. Got 1 with a watchers eye reward (was worthless) but to get it i spent 40 minutes wailing on 100% deli + unity of souls mobs to finish the map. Was not worth it.
Also tried one with ghosted feared, much better than the tankfest the other map was for my particular build

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Got my first Apothecary drop running Jungle Valley, may actually be able to improve a bit more before I give up.

Grabbed Ralakesh and Yoke of Suffering, I feel a TON tankier even with a loss of around 250 hps, sitting just under 4k hps and actually pretty decent survival wise. Next thing to do is to try and get a nice body armor with crit resist per endurance charge and maybe I can actually farm T17s this league! Probably not a big deal to a lot here but its enough for me!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So I am still running that Ice nova of frostbolt archmage hiero build, and I think it is probably the best build I have ever played. Or let's say that, under my limited patience, it is the best build I have managed to put mostly together and played. It is both a powerful boss killer, and a zippy map clearer, the biggest drawdown is the difficulty seeing damaging ground effects.

But I am seriously deficient in chaos resists. Everything else is golden, and the thought of having to rebalance again is annoying AF. But even with a very deep effective hp pool I immediately know when chaos damage is being inflicted. BAH!

League is a banger though. I've had something like 30 div drops between playing and shipping. Easy money.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
This league mechanic is really profitable.
1724108088265.png
5 million of that being dust. Also had my map runners return a hinekora's lock the other day but didnt screenshot that cause i clicked it so fast.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So I am still running that Ice nova of frostbolt archmage hiero build, and I think it is probably the best build I have ever played. Or let's say that, under my limited patience, it is the best build I have managed to put mostly together and played. It is both a powerful boss killer, and a zippy map clearer, the biggest drawdown is the difficulty seeing damaging ground effects.

But I am seriously deficient in chaos resists. Everything else is golden, and the thought of having to rebalance again is annoying AF. But even with a very deep effective hp pool I immediately know when chaos damage is being inflicted. BAH!

League is a banger though. I've had something like 30 div drops between playing and shipping. Easy money.
Yeah my chaos res is my downfall too, am at -35 and anytime I get a phys as chaos I attempt it anyway and end up destroyed, lol. Running too many uniques in this build that I cant really fit it in anywhere. Still having a blast though!

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's nice passive income but 20 million is like 3 days worth of crops + dust so it's not quite as crazy as it seems. Still really great for casual players because you don't need to grind hard, just make enough gold to feed the farmers and disenchanters

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I haven't done much with my city. Is there anything you can do to lower the risk on shipments other than send smaller amounts of stuff?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Still really great for casual players because you don't need to grind hard, just make enough gold to feed the farmers and disenchanters
Don't need to grind hard? If you're running R10 farmers, that shit is like 24k+ gold/hour. Most T16 maps are like 6-10k if you aren't running some crazy gold farm strat.

And that doesn't include boat coasts, miners, smelters, disenchanter costs, etc. Most fully ranked towns, even without mappers, are costing 50k+/hour.

You have to grind pretty fucking hard this league to make respectable currency from the league mechanic. It just doesn't feel like you are, because it's "passive" income. You see 8 div come in after a 20 mil shipment that took 4 days to farm and think it's great, not realizing what effort actually went into that.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is probably one of their top 2-3 leagues of all-time, but it requires a pretty healthy dose of "grinding" to accomplish. I don't really agree with that "casual friendly" moniker people keep throwing on it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My crew at the crops I was shipping. The reward deal is totally empty but it doesn't go away until you click "take all" lol. I guess the dust just magically disappears with no mention about it.

Khane

Don't need to grind hard? If you're running R10 farmers, that shit is like 24k+ gold/hour. Most T16 maps are like 6-10k if you aren't running some crazy gold farm strat.

And that doesn't include boat coasts, miners, smelters, disenchanter costs, etc. Most fully ranked towns, even without mappers, are costing 50k+/hour.

You have to grind pretty fucking hard this league to make respectable currency from the league mechanic. It just doesn't feel like you are, because it's "passive" income. You see 8 div come in after a 20 mil shipment that took 4 days to farm and think it's great, not realizing what effort actually went into that.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is probably one of their top 2-3 leagues of all-time, but it requires a pretty healthy dose of "grinding" to accomplish. I don't really agree with that "casual friendly" moniker people keep throwing on it.

Well, if you're only getting 6-10k something is off. Thats about the gold you can expect to make in any red map while unlocking your atlas, so just alch and go with no map rolling for quant/pack size and no real Atlas strategy other than get maps. You should expect to get about double that with any normal farming strategy.

But for a casual player, they probably arent sending shipments out constantly and dont have that much gold going for their miners/smelters because they aren't getting a lot of ore. Its ~14k/hr for my farm full of rank 10 farmers. It may take a full week, or even a bit longer for someone like that, to send a huge 40mil+ shipment but the returns on that one shipment are probably going to be better than the returns of their farming over the course of an entire season.

So yea, you really, really don't have to "grind" at all. As long as you dont feel the need to keep your entire town running 24/7 you can just play the game as you normally would and about once a week expect a huge windfall bigger than anything else you've ever seen in the game.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider

I know i'm not casual so you might be right as to how casual friendly it is and i can't really speak on it. At a minimum i know upgrading the town took ages and before you're up and running it doesnt really provide anything so in that sense if you're uber casual then ya it's bad. But

-Most of my map runner are rank 9 cause they can still run most alch'd t16 maps with 1% risk. Plus i think if anything trying to keep and replace losses with a roster of r10 mappers would be way, way more than 60k / hour which is about what my town cost is.
-To maximize gold farm you need to run a pure map whitout any extra content like legion/breach/harbys etc that adds time but don't provide much gold. My 8mod Silo map maven boss rush (2 +4 rare monster packs and 1 x% incread map drop scarabs) got me around 15k gold a map and they each took 2 minutes or less so around 500k an hour and probably 8 div an hour in drops from mostly scarabs and t17 maps. So i can keep my town running for a day from an hour or 2 of playing in t16 maps.
-It was more than 8 div in that shipment, there's also a mirror shard which is 30ish div. But overall map runners give the greatest returns, usually atleast 1 straight div/valdo box in a full set of maps, but there's also harvest juice, cluster jewels, catalyst, chaos and other bubblegum etc. It just isn't that much in an hour but since they run even while you're offline it adds up.

Khane

I ran the mappers for a day and got very little for the gold investment, and have not run them since. Those fuckers actually do cost an idiotic amount of gold to run which I find to be entirely not worth.

I think there are two schools of people. People who farm T17s and have more gold than they'll ever need so they can run the mappers all day every day. And people who don't farm T17s and can't really afford to run the mappers unless they are playing 10+ hours a day.

• 1Like