Path of Exile

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I ran the mappers for a day and got very little for the gold investment, and have not run them since. Those fuckers actually do cost an idiotic amount of gold to run which I find to be entirely not worth.

I think there are two schools of people. People who farm T17s and have more gold than they'll ever need so they can run the mappers all day every day. And people who don't farm T17s and can't really afford to run the mappers unless they are playing 10+ hours a day.
Just reading about upkeep costs is exactly why I haven't even done anything with the settlement yet. On one hand I feel like I'm missing out on extra lotto chances, but on the other its one less thing I have to stress over.

Probably will check it out eventually but not too worried about it currently. Think I have close to 4 mil in gold from casual farming after work, sounds like a lot but would probably go quick if I had everything built up.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I ran the mappers for a day and got very little for the gold investment, and have not run them since. Those fuckers actually do cost an idiotic amount of gold to run which I find to be entirely not worth.

I think there are two schools of people. People who farm T17s and have more gold than they'll ever need so they can run the mappers all day every day. And people who don't farm T17s and can't really afford to run the mappers unless they are playing 10+ hours a day.
I'd pretty much have to stop playing to run out of gold and i spend most of that time in t16 maps except the occasional t17 to replenish my 8mod favorite t16 maps. I can only imagine i must be doing something wrong but i've copied a stongbox atlas tree and run t17 with it and it doesnt feel that good considering the cost of the map and scarabs and the time it takes. I also just prefer quick in and out mapping over stuff that takes long.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I'm doing t17 containment/nem strat where you roll for more rare mobs and scarab on the map. It's pretty brutal but the returns seem to be good? Dunno I roll the strong boxes in the map with chaos cause fuck scour alching. Maps take quite a while to run maybe 10-15 minutes and the investment is insane. It varies based on how long it takes you to roll the map but it's about 2-3d a map of you include all the chaos you use to reroll the boxes as well. But according to wealthy exile I have about 20D in my returns tab after like 3 maps and I haven't really gotten lucky yet. Oh and its pyre liquid currency, bulk selling corrupt 8 mod t16s hasnt really been fun. Only running rarity support not sure if it helps and not sure if returns will be worth. Might just switch to regular corrupt strongbox strat.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Has anyone gotten anything out of mapping in Kingsmarch? I swear its nothing but shit bubblegum currency, and maybe like 1 or 2 divines. I'm running 8 mod T16s.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I've gotten a couple pretty decent/nice pieces of gear, and some divines/gems just doing alch and go t16s. Empyrean put out a video on buying a mageblood with only his town and he estimated that out of his 290 divs 80% of it came from the mappers and 20% from shipments. How his breakdown went exactly as far as time investment, I don't know. He said he was mapping the entire time he played plus the however long til maps/gold ran out on logouts but I don't think he mentioned how many ships he was sending.

I would say it's probably relatively even with shipping in the long run.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got my SRS necro to 76 and through act 10. Need to get hat/rings/hands/feet soon so I can get my hp and resists up to par and get my gems set up. That said, just getting my first few ones done and getting my labs done has completely gone off the rails in getting my offense going. I thought I was doing good before, but now it's almost obscene. With 25 envy and vaal haste I am screaming through maps faster than my RF chieftain was.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I wonder how much currency Steve makes doing Delver 12 hours a day or more. Was on for a few minutes this morning and he reached a new depth. Just on and still getting the messages.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I wonder how much currency Steve makes doing Delver 12 hours a day or more. Was on for a few minutes this morning and he reached a new depth. Just on and still getting the messages.
Assuming thats ShitstainSteve from last league right? Dude's a beast.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Got my SRS necro to 76 and through act 10. Need to get hat/rings/hands/feet soon so I can get my hp and resists up to par and get my gems set up. That said, just getting my first few ones done and getting my labs done has completely gone off the rails in getting my offense going. I thought I was doing good before, but now it's almost obscene. With 25 envy and vaal haste I am screaming through maps faster than my RF chieftain was.
If you need a bit of chaos to get some gear let me know, don't wanna rob you of the dopamine but dont mind tossing you a bit for gear if you need it.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone gotten anything out of mapping in Kingsmarch? I swear its nothing but shit bubblegum currency, and maybe like 1 or 2 divines. I'm running 8 mod T16s.
I get the occasional Divine and I almost trashed that 2 Divine einhar Harvest memory

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Dropped some maps in gbank, div cards, ect tab 9-10 has some goodies in it, full set for a hexblast starter, tossed the unique chest in for the standard build, I had the 15% health node, why the chest has no life on it, could just enchant it on *shrug* Theres an empower gem in there that just about lvl 3 too, hadn't gotten around to upgrading to next plateau of build to use it yet

Stuck some better currency in 9-10 too, grats to first to grab it all.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Dropped some maps in gbank, div cards, ect tab 9-10 has some goodies in it, full set for a hexblast starter, tossed the unique chest in for the standard build, I had the 15% health node, why the chest has no life on it, could just enchant it on *shrug* Theres an empower gem in there that just about lvl 3 too, hadn't gotten around to upgrading to next plateau of build to use it yet

Stuck some better currency in 9-10 too, grats to first to grab it all.
I keep forgetting about the guild stash, probably have some things to throw in. Will take a look tomorrow when I hop on.

Bout 25% to 98 and POB says I am at around 4mil dps (not doubled LS because I cant figure out how to double vaal LS and get the damage to show) so probably around 8mil with the culling ascendancy included.

Have arns anguish, two tamings, ralakesh boots, and a yoke of suffering. Now I need to cap ailment avoidance and try to get some more life, but doing pretty decent running T16 8-mods with ambush scarabs.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
That dude is basically on 24/7 for couple weeks, there's no way it's just 1 person.

Or he has the strongest heart in the world, and shitloads of meth.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, i'd imagine it's a group/shared account, just like a lot of 24/7 grind accounts in all sorts of online games to chase leaderboards etc.