Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know how you guys do it getting close to 100. I'm mid 90s and I get into protective mode when I hit 80% or more. Someone posted on reddit how many rerolls it took them to get all max level workers in every spot. Some ungodly number, several million in gold. I think sometimes PoE players are second only to Eve players when it comes to number things.
For me it depends on the build. If it is a sloppy, semi-geared scrub build like I usually, have, 95 - 98 is it for me. Maybe even a bit lower if it is especially sloppy or the league sucks.

But this league's build for me is a beast, so not dying is a helluva lot easier, in general. A good offence can be the best defense in a lot of cases with PoE.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
For me it depends on the build. If it is a sloppy, semi-geared scrub build like I usually, have, 95 - 98 is it for me. Maybe even a bit lower if it is especially sloppy or the league sucks.

But this league's build for me is a beast, so not dying is a helluva lot easier, in general. A good offence can be the best defense in a lot of cases with PoE.
Agreed, I don't even have insane DPS but the main reason I haven't added a secrets of suffering is because freeze is crazy good for staying alive. My LS Slayer can handle some pretty intense altar mods just with that alone........that plus the over/instant leech and it's pretty crazy.

Just wish I could get my chaos a bit higher.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Light of Meaning is a convenient way to get a bunch of chaos resistance if you got ~10 divines you don't care about.
Sitting around 140 div in stash and probably a nice chunk more if I sell random div cards / scarabs / maps / etc. Never heard of it but I'll take a look! Nowhere near a POE millionaire but I do have a nice bit of currency anyway.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I ran some maps with league stuff/scarbs and got to 30% to level 95 and I thought maybe. Hmm ran delerium map with 4 scarabs. In a way it was worse than a one shot sudden deeath. It was hmm this is not going so well, hmm I might should just portal out, hmm nothing I can do. Dead. I saw it coming for a while. Kinda funny it's almost worse than a one shot.

My gladiator has low chaos resist but my deadeye has a lot. Next league I'm not going to start another char until I'm done completely with one it gets confusing.

Borzak

Ran tier 16 maps with titanic scarab and scarab of monstrous lineage since I have a lot of scarabs since I went heavily into that for my atlas early on. That is going really well. I guess I could go for more difficult stuff but I'm not a fan of phases on bosses. I've done the 4 guardians with no issue.

So far the biggest mods I have to avoid are reflect phys and 40% less chance to block. Spell supression reduction and reduced phys damage taken is doable but I really have to work at it.

Edit - eater of worlds down. Not a fan of phases and crap. Done with all that.

Seemed like a lot of guesswork involved. I turned on voice sounds so I could hear him. But seemed like I really needed to zoom out and spent the entire fight looking at his feet running around hoping I was avoiding shit.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I ran some maps with league stuff/scarbs and got to 30% to level 95 and I thought maybe. Hmm ran delerium map with 4 scarabs. In a way it was worse than a one shot sudden deeath. It was hmm this is not going so well, hmm I might should just portal out, hmm nothing I can do. Dead. I saw it coming for a while. Kinda funny it's almost worse than a one shot.

My gladiator has low chaos resist but my deadeye has a lot. Next league I'm not going to start another char until I'm done completely with one it gets confusing.
I tend to log out when things get stupid, as they invariably do in this game. I used to try to power through everything, but sometimes running like a brave chicken is the way.

For instance, on an especially hectic delve the game throws you a Soul Eater that powers up to near God-like status before you even see it: I'm out. Here in level 99 I spend a little more time rolling maps (no crit chance, no dual elemental added damage, no dual defense debuffs, no chaos added damage, etc), and when I was running Ritual I skipped the poison and chaos altars.

I also don't run Delerium lol.

Edit - And always carry and Omen of Amelioration

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I dont really think the leveling is too bad until around 97 / 98, but the omen of amelioration was the mvp for me this league.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I did all of 99 in scoured Heist contracts and blueprints and in scoured T16s where I blocked everything except Heist with Betrayal transportation div card farming on top. I am king bitch when it comes to bitch leveling.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I would recommend playing Kinetic Bolt of Clustering this league in its current state before it gets neutered next league. Tornado Shot clear speed for far less investment with ridiculous damage for single target as well.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I tried modeling the numbers behind that, it doesn't make sense to me. Assuming no wall hijinks, regular fork, and return projectile support, you get the following hits per attack?
  • 100% area hit from initial projectile hitting Tornado
  • 39% area hit from a projectile returning and hitting Tornado
  • 75% projectile hit from middle projectile fork
  • 29% projectile hit from middle projectile fork returning
100% + 39% + 75% + 29% = 243%
Normalizing supports out results in 243% * 1.09 / 1.35 / 1.35 = 145%.

Where's the single target coming from?

Khane

I tried modeling the numbers behind that, it doesn't make sense to me. Assuming no wall hijinks, regular fork, and return projectile support, you get the following hits per attack?
  • 100% area hit from initial projectile hitting Tornado
  • 39% area hit from a projectile returning and hitting Tornado
  • 75% projectile hit from middle projectile fork
  • 29% projectile hit from middle projectile fork returning
100% + 39% + 75% + 29% = 243%
Normalizing supports out results in 243% * 1.09 / 1.35 / 1.35 = 145%.

Where's the single target coming from?

The explosions overlap and adding projectiles adds explosions and each collision causes explosions from each projectile. And heirophants get a lot of AoE with mana stacking. And a single projectile can easily get 50million+ DPS.

Mana stacking skills are kinda OP to begin with. This one adds physical damage based on maximum mana with no other caveats (not unreserved mana, etc) AND it gets 200% of spell damage as attack damage and when Indigon exists.... welp. Then layer more damage by using Phys as Extra and....

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The explosions overlap and adding projectiles adds explosions and each collision causes explosions from each projectile. And heirophants get a lot of AoE with mana stacking. And a single projectile can easily get 50million+ DPS.

Mana stacking skills are kinda OP to begin with. This one adds physical damage based on maximum mana with no other caveats (not unreserved mana, etc) AND it gets 200% of spell damage as attack damage and when Indigon exists.... welp.
I'm not sure I agree with explosions overlapping. If you read poewiki on Kinetic Blast, especially the patch notes from 2.6 and 3.4, GGG has done a lot to ensure explosions do not overlap. That said, I guess you have to get overlap if you just keep stuffing explosions from projectile scaling into a same-size circle. Do you run with GMP?

I don't know if Hierophant actually helps here, doesn't it also increase the size of the circle in which the explosions are spread?

Lets be generous and say you get 2 area hits instead of 1 from my example above. That's still an unimpressive 382% before normalizing fork and return projectile supports. Barrage is 330% fwiw. I realize that's a flawed analysis since it doesn't account for mana stacking nor Indigon, but I was hoping for something far better.

I took this skill and stuck it in the typical mana stacker shell. For a starter build, I try to stick to a 5L if a unique chest. I try to keep every non-integral slot to under a divine if possible. I know I failed for the weapon(wand selection for this build sucks...), might have failed with the split personalities.

3M is just meh. 6M might be better.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did some crude testing, they do overlap. Not sure the exact formula, but looks something like ~1/4 the explosions will hit. Conc effect -> increased area didn't really seem to do much. Perhaps most annoyingly, it's position dependent.

I guess fork is only for clear, so you could single target swap fork for greater volley?

Borzak

I tried testing out another shield on my bleed glad. I had to sub in another belt to get my resist back up. Didn't realise how much difference in dps my belt by itself made.

More than 1/2 million bleed dps gone by changing it out. Oouch and it was noticable in game which is why I switch it around in pob to see how much.

Khane

Did some crude testing, they do overlap. Not sure the exact formula, but looks something like ~1/4 the explosions will hit. Conc effect -> increased area didn't really seem to do much. Perhaps most annoyingly, it's position dependent.

I guess fork is only for clear, so you could single target swap fork for greater volley?

You're overthinking it. Kinetic Blast is designed to be a clear skill and not single target, yes. KB of Clustering does so much damage it becomes both just through sheer power of the skill.

Here is my very un-optimized character. I've seen PoBs with 3x this damage. This is configured properly but the gearing is a little wonky because originally I POB'd a Replica Eternity Shroud build with a Forbidden Rite trigger wand to proc Savage Response on my clusters AND get the +25 maximum rage from Vengeful Cry. This worked but was clunky and I couldnt get Vengeful Cry's skill duration to be long enough that my rage didnt reset back to 30 from 50. That PoB was 60 million dps (not configured for overlaps). This PoB is not configured for any overlaps, but the skill overlaps a lot because of awakened fork. Awakened Chain might be even better than returning proj for clear but worse for single target.

This was also the easiest, fastest, most braindead level 100 I've ever had. I was running rare juiced breaches in 8 mods and the breaches looked empty, it looked like no monsters were spawning because they would just be dead instantly and from screens away.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're overthinking it.
I mean, yes, but also that could be the response to most of my posts in this thread.

Did you have a budget version of that PoB? Minus the mageblood, which obviously isn't integral to the build functioning, this looks like...300D?

Interesting idea wrt to Unholy Might, I hadn't considered that.

Thoughts on Less Duration on Arcane Cloak? The idea is to use it as an Indigon ramp and ignore its other aspects(it's unchecked in my PoB). Last I played Indigon(pre Automation), I disliked the inconsistency from how much dps Arcane Cloak provided.

I don't follow "the skill overlaps a lot because of awakened fork". In single target without walls around?

Khane

I mean, yes, but also that could be the response to most of my posts in this thread.

Did you have a budget version of that PoB? Minus the mageblood, which obviously isn't integral to the build functioning, this looks like...300D?

Interesting idea wrt to Unholy Might, I hadn't considered that.

Thoughts on Less Duration on Arcane Cloak? The idea is to use it as an Indigon ramp and ignore its other aspects(it's unchecked in my PoB). Last I played Indigon(pre Automation), I disliked the inconsistency from how much dps Arcane Cloak provided.

I don't follow "the skill overlaps a lot because of awakened fork". In single target without walls around?

In single target with no collision terrain around the build will do that PoB damage (32mil) on average.

I guess I should elaborate that I don't mean this skill is some single target annihilator. Single target is substantially worse than its clear damage, but single target is still very good and clear is idiotically overpowered. Single target is good enough that you don't need a secondary skill specifically for it. Would I use this as an uber bosser? No. Can it kill ubers relatively painlessly? Yes (though if you're used to it as a mapper it might FEEL bad because of the difference in power)

In maps it roasts bosses off screen, a lot of the time the only reason I know I killed the boss is because there are maps on the ground in the boss arena. I have not done this in T17s because I don't like T17s but I do know that my PoB and my character isn't even set up the way you'd probably really want to set it up. Which is to path over to the right and pick up projectile behavior passives like the 75% chance to generate an additional projectile when forking.

I don't have a budget PoB because when I saw Palsteron just explaining and showcasing the skill I immediately just made the character. I didn't even wait for other info to get released and I had ~1200 div in my stash from Heisting. I'd guess if you just used a stygian vise, ulamans gaze, and then one chaotic might enchant and one spell damage enchant it would still be in the ~15-18m range. The rest of the gear should be fairly simple to buy as is or recombinate craft. If you skip the awakeners and just get a redeemer or crusader wand with phys as extra, mana and then spell damage + 1 good suffix that SHOULD be very cheap/easy to craft with recombinators. Like sub 5d per craft.

You could also use a Gloomfang amulet as a placeholder and use chain instead of fork if you can't find/craft a good rare.

Last edited:

Khane

Arcane Cloak doesn't even really ramp this character's indigon damage it procs once and then you never need it for its damage aspect again the entire rest of the map. This character has so much attack speed the mana cost is insanely high, you get max indigon stacks from like 8 auto attacks (which is just over 1 second) and just sustain that after the first arcane cloak proc.

Less Duration would be kinda troll because all you'd be doing is losing the defensive aspect.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Divines per craft is where I start to lose interest in a build. CaptainLance's video where he tries to show how awesome recombinators are, fails every craft, and throws away 10s of divines...idk, I get frustrated at spamming essences on a fractured base, maybe I'm not the best judge.

This is why I put a lot of effort into "normalizing" my builds. I don't mean this as a criticism, but it seems like "fixed with currency" is at least a factor with your impression of the build. Which is fine, there are lots of builds that require an initial investment.