Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can use Toolbox mod to turn any companion into a merc but with the companion quests/story, which I find preferable. You just click the button for full respec and it takes you to the same blank character creation screen that you use with mercs/MC; you can even change the buy in amount down to anything you want. Then, if you are truly committed, you can open up their perks, and delete any that might cause an unfair edge, if the full respec missed them (occasionally it happens with racials).

Also, people who care if other people are cheating in a single player game are weird/retarded.
Yes thats what I used to respec Woljif and why I wanted to use him instead of a merc. I had double merc for a while in the beginning of Kingmaker until Jubilost replaced my Alch merc but I kept my Gozran Ecclesitheurge through to the end over using whats his name.

Cheating matters if you're gonna brag about something like Sadistic Game Design, which so far seems to be the rarest achievement in WotR at 0.4% although I wouldn't be surprised if Test of the Star Stone is even lower.

Burns

Yes thats what I used to respec Woljif and why I wanted to use him instead of a merc. I had double merc for a while in the beginning of Kingmaker until Jubilost replaced my Alch merc but I kept my Gozran Ecclesitheurge through to the end over using whats his name.

Cheating matters if you're gonna brag about something like Sadistic Game Design, which so far seems to be the rarest achievement in WotR at 0.4% although I wouldn't be surprised if Test of the Star Stone is even lower.
Oh, I guess there weren't any of the companions that I disliked enough that I would rather ever have a merc over respecing them. Some of the "good" characters, like Seelah and Sosiel are meh, but you don't need either of them to make a complete good/neutral party.

When it comes to achievements, I don't generally go out of my way for them or pay them too much mind. If someone mentions them, I usually read it less as a brag and more as they set a personal goal for themselves, then spent their gaming sessions to finish it. It took me half your post to even figure out what you were talking about, as I thought you were just calling the Unfair difficulty sadistic and using weird capitalization for no apparent reason.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, I guess there weren't any of the companions that I disliked enough that I would rather ever have a merc over respecing them. Some of the "good" characters, like Seelah and Sosiel are meh, but you don't need either of them to make a complete good/neutral party.

When it comes to achievements, I don't generally go out of my way for them or pay them too much mind. If someone mentions them, I usually read it less as a brag and more as they set a personal goal for themselves, then spent their gaming sessions to finish it. It took me half your post to even figure out what you were talking about, as I thought you were just calling the Unfair difficulty sadistic and using weird capitalization for no apparent reason.
I'm very glad Seelah is a reformed criminal because Owlcat's take on lawful good is completely terrible aside from the way she's written. Regill might be one of the best written "evil" aligned characters I've ever seen in a crpg.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I tried to like this game, but the combat feels so flat compared to BG3. Also, the overwhelming amount of text forced me to skip it, which left me oblivious of the story.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
so what did you think of The Enigma?
Me? Kind of overwhelming honestly. And a little ridiculous that all the other companion quests are these brief little things whereas Nenio basically doesn't even have companion quests...until the very end where it's this complex marathon of a dungeon that culminates in one of the hardest encounters in the game. By which I mean it seemed like it would be pretty tough for a build that wasn't a merged caster optimized for unfair since I had to actually pay attention to what I was doing rather than just romping through it without a care in the world.

Still don't know how I feel about Nenio, it's not like they give you any time to process all those crazy reveals since it's right before the end of the game. The only time I really used her aside from her mandatory spot in Enigma was as a source of haste while Woljif was awol. Her dump stat str means she cant contribute to melee until near the end of act 3 when you finally can clear the army guarding death's consonant and she doesn't truly shine until she finally gets 9th level spells + a greater persistent rod. Persistent Weirds tear through some of the Enigma rooms so it was nice to see her get her moment but she went right back into reserve as soon as the dungeon was over.