Pets

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Jesus...my bulldog just blew out his ACL and the surgery is ~4500 bucks. Anyone want to buy a kidney? fuuuuuu
Been their Bud, both my Bulldogs had that surgery. The older one had it on both hind legs & an emergency stomach surgery. The younger had a knee on one leg & then hip socket surgery on both legs. Probably $25-30k spent on those dogs.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Jesus...my bulldog just blew out his ACL and the surgery is ~4500 bucks. Anyone want to buy a kidney? fuuuuuu

Yup, ACL blows suck.

One of my dogs (pit-lab mix) blew out his leg about 2.5 years ago and we elected for the cheaper surgery (metal rod and wire) as the Mrs. didn't see the need to spend all that money (she doesn't particularly like that dog, but would spend anything for the other). The recuperation time took about 5-6 months and he built up another cartilage that the vet basically said it would be very difficult to blow again. That leg basically seems like nothing ever happened aside from the 2inch surgery scar because he kept tearing the stitches.

Then about 7 months ago, he blew out his other back leg. We didn't want to do another surgery so the vet prescribed us Adequan (shots you give the dog to regain fluid and cartilage around the joint) and we had to leash him for abut 4 months. He still somewhat drags that leg, but he can put a good amount of weight on it now (he'll lift his "good" leg to pee quite often, putting all the weight on this bad one). He walks and even runs pretty well all things considered. He still does stupid shit that makes me cringe and fearful such as jumping up/down 3 flights of stairs like an idiot, but he seems to be doing ok?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Welp, still having issues with fleas (they disappeared for about 2 weeks and we're starting to see some again). I'm guessing this is leftovers hatching from the first batch or whatever. Vast majority that I've found on the cat were dead, probably since we treated her with Revolution. Found one right before Thanksgiving, so I vacuumed all the carpets and then put down the anti-flea crystals into all the carpets, brushed them in and then left them there over the holiday (so about 4 days or so). BF's family came over regularly to keep an eye on her and said they didn't notice any signs of fleas (no dirt, fleas, etc.). Coming home, I brushed her out with the comb and still found no fleas or dirt Sunday night. Vacuumed up the carpet crystals that night. Next day and today I've found about 5 a day on her. All but two were already dead and just fell off and all were found on her head. Can't find any dirt on her, so I'm guessing these guys are new, but hopefully don't seem to be lasting long enough to do any damage/start pooping. I've put down the carpet crystals again and will vacuum them up tomorrow, but being a huge worrier I really don't like having to have potentially toxic stuff down on the carpet all the time and it didn't seem like it did shit anyway over the time we were away.

Been trying to research some other options online and keep hearing about diatomaceous earth. Has anyone had any success with this stuff, because it seems a bit too good to be true. Reviews on Amazon for the shit at least are overwhelmingly positive and I'd love to know if anyone else has had luck with it. I'd feel a whole lot better putting this around our apartment than the other treatments I've been using. Last thing I want to do is get our kitten sick trying to get rid of fucking fleas.

I've also been logging everything I've been doing to treat this shit, so that if the landlord or something tries to blame this shit on me and it's elsewhere in the apartments, I can at least have something around to show that I've been doing my due diligence. Doubt it'll really help, but worth a try.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Dudes all grown up but still a baby

xx9VAak.jpg

0jwQYSJ.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Was putting together a Christmas basket for my BF's mom and fiance and looked over to find a hiding floof. Of course, after adorable pictures were taken, Sansa tried to get out of the bag and managed to get her head through one of the straps, got herself spooked to hell and did the fastest dash out of the room I've ever seen, bag still attached to her head. The destroyed bag was found lodged entirely under the bed, and somehow took significant effort for me to remove. The strap, however, was completely in tact. Her method of escape was unknown.

Mzir68q.jpg
kf0xI8X.jpg
Fw94kjJ.jpg

Bonus basket kitty:
u5LvHJC.jpg

XbMRnMs.jpg

6Xxl4oi.jpg
gT7nx8y.jpg

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Go away for a weekend and she just moves right into my bedroom like she owns the place

20170402_153316.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

B-Biscuit

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is my dog that always looks like he belongs on an ASPCA commercial cuz his bug eyes :emoji_joy:

20170329_072953.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Rofl.

Story is, he saw his mom painting her nails and wanted his done too. He had it done a couple times and then wasn't interested anymore.