Playstation 5

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They game is very boring. The heroes are not interesting at all, and arena shooters are a dated FPS genre. They needed to copy Overwatch game modes like Marvel Rivals is going to do. Marvel Rivals has the chance to usurp Overwatch, but it depends how badly NetEase tries to gouge their player base. I enjoyed playing Rivals a lot during the last CBT.

I can't believe they released it the same week as the monkey game. Talk about torpedoing any remote chance the game had.

Rivals is coming out in December it seems. Free-to-play with all characters available. Revenue solely from skins.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

between a $600 digital console, whatever the fuck is going on with concord, no new games since helldivers 2, whatever the fucks going on at bungie it seems like playstation is really fucking up badly. Their only saving grace is Microsoft is even more clueless

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Id need a real compelling reason to buy a PS5 pro, like guaranteed 60fps at 4k which won't happen. What a boner killer

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Doubt they will do it, but surprise day one launch PS5 pro 60fps 4k Bloodborne exclusive would push that system

That's the one and only thing I can think of that would make me want to buy one though. But if it was a limited exclusive, then nah. PC. I got a PS5 originally because it was actually better than my last PC. Played Stellar Blade on it last, got about 30-40% through it and stopped when I learned it would come to PC.

• 1Faggotry

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doubt they will do it, but surprise day one launch PS5 pro 60fps 4k Bloodborne exclusive would push that system

That's the one and only thing I can think of that would make me want to buy one though. But if it was a limited exclusive, then nah. PC. I got a PS5 originally because it was actually better than my last PC. Played Stellar Blade on it last, got about 30-40% through it and stopped when I learned it would come to PC.
Hey man, kindly fuck off with that Bloodborne dream. No need to get that out here on the Internet.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Id need a real compelling reason to buy a PS5 pro, like guaranteed 60fps at 4k which won't happen. What a boner killer

It's more likely to have 8k/30 with super ray-tracing. You'll be able to leave your UE5 games idling and impress your friends with how amazing they look while not in motion.

But seriously, it might be better than we expect. They've held off the announcement for a while so maybe that time was spent figuring out improvements.

spronk

FPS noob
I think one problem is many console ports are having to make bizarre engine choices to hit steady frame rates on PS5, like Star Wars Outlaws has dynamic rendering with FSR AA which means its rendering at 720p apparently sometimes and then upscaling to 4k, but no matter how good your AA or DLSS or whatever is, end of the day you are still rendering visuals at 720p which sucks.

So a PS5 Pro may hit a steady 60 fps in that case but what does it matter, the engine is rendering at 720p first so no matter what post processing horsepower you apply, its still kind of a shitty foundation. Now Outlaws is hopefully an outlier case because its Ubisoft and they suck balls but I am curious if stuff like Stellar Blade or Black Myth Wukong will run better on a PS5 Pro or not.

still, apparently every game built with the sony SDK after like august 2024 will have the PS5 Pro flags built in so hopefully its not extra work for the dev to make things run better for newer games.

I finished the Callisto Protocol recently and that game has a weird option where ps4 and ps5 are cross save, so after every trophy on PS5 version I'd load the latest autosave on PS4, get the trophy, and that way with an extra ~2 hours of effort I got two platinum trophies. Stupid as fuck and a complete waste of time? Yup, but the interesting thing was seeing the very different way the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game ran.

I could really, really feel the difference in input lag and visual FPS on the ps4 version, it just felt a little bit slower and laggier and it was instantly noticable I was playing a "less" version. I'm sure the PC version is even better, and I probably should try it out since I have a 3080ti and own the game on EGS (free ~2 weeks ago).

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice to hear that on Astrobot. I ordered it for the kids but most likely will be fighting them to play it this weekend :)

spronk

FPS noob
yeah astro bot looks amazing

i'm sure i'll play one day but its hard to justify $60 for a 15 hour game. Still, it'll probably be 2-3 years before it gets on PS+ so i'll buy it on black friday when physical copies go on sale, i can hand it off to a relative when i'm done in a week

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got it for me and the kids. My daughter is playing it right now and having a blast. I'm having a good time just watching her lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

between a $600 digital console, whatever the fuck is going on with concord, no new games since helldivers 2, whatever the fucks going on at bungie it seems like playstation is really fucking up badly. Their only saving grace is Microsoft is even more clueless

Last gen I got the PS4 Pro only for the better looking PSVR1 games, and it was worth it to me then. With PSVR2 working on PC now I have 0 reason to pick up the Pro version instead of just springing a bit more(lol) for a Nvidia 5xxxx or whatever it will be..

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got it for me and the kids. My daughter is playing it right now and having a blast. I'm having a good time just watching her lol.

I really liked the Astro Bot tech demo that came with the system. Used the PS5 controller incredibly well, especially the feedback for things like footsteps on different surfaces. I remember thinking it was a glimpse of what a modern HD Mario could really be like. Definitely willing to check this one out even if it's a "kid's game". Seems like this game really came outta nowhere and surprised everyone.

Last edited:

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Astro Bot is fucking AMAZING. Giving me the same feeling the first time I played Mario 64.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

yeah astro bot looks amazing

i'm sure i'll play one day but its hard to justify $60 for a 15 hour game. Still, it'll probably be 2-3 years before it gets on PS+ so i'll buy it on black friday when physical copies go on sale, i can hand it off to a relative when i'm done in a week

The Kirby game on switch was like 5 minutes lol - sure there is extra stuff and all that. but just "playing" through it is a few hours and it was a full price title for quite a while. Kids love it though, they still play it and have started doing the extra stuff and filling out the % etc. so I guess that all counts to "up" the time?

Never heard of this game though, looks fun- looks like they got themselves a "Mario" game

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
The Kirby game on switch was like 5 minutes lol - sure there is extra stuff and all that. but just "playing" through it is a few hours and it was a full price title for quite a while. Kids love it though, they still play it and have started doing the extra stuff and filling out the % etc. so I guess that all counts to "up" the time?

Never heard of this game though, looks fun- looks like they got themselves a "Mario" game
First one just came pre-installed when you bought a PS5, but the kids loved it and I thought it was pretty well done. Made cool use of all the controller features and had a lot of older Playstation nostalgia......am sure I'll pick it up for the kids at some point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why more devs don't make use of the controller's capabilities like this game does I will never know. Game rocks, 10/10. Its been thrown around that this is Sony's Mario 64 but honestly that is pretty close to the mark. I haven't had this much just joy just playing something in a long, long while.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I don't get it.

Got Astro Bot ordered. First game I've bought in like 6 months. Went with this over Wukong because I figured I could make time for one of 'em and this would be quicker. Really want to try Wukong out, but "Mario 64 on PS5" just lands for me right now. Can't wait.