Playstation 5

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I don't get it.

I think the point is the team is 100% white or asian, 4 total women who are no more than 20% of the total team.

And the game is apparently the second coming.

IMG_7400.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like a failed attempt at a meme. 4 women out of that number of game devs doesn’t seem out of place, I would have been more impressed if there were zero women. Maybe the lack of purple hairs out of a group of 4 women devs is more telling

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Looks like a failed attempt at a meme. 4 women out of that number of game devs doesn’t seem out of place, I would have been more impressed if there were zero women. Maybe the lack of purple hairs out of a group of 4 women devs is more telling

That is what I thought about it. No one in that photo looks like a blue hair etc.

Juvarisx

Florida
I don't get it.

Got Astro Bot ordered. First game I've bought in like 6 months. Went with this over Wukong because I figured I could make time for one of 'em and this would be quicker. Really want to try Wukong out, but "Mario 64 on PS5" just lands for me right now. Can't wait.

Real answer is mostly Asian. Twitter user with anime avatar answer is hardly any feeeemales. My answer is: Who gives a fuck the game is fun.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i picked up astro bot yesterday it'd be a good kids demo of why PS5 is better than their switch, i got the physical copy though since i can trade/gift it off when I'm done. I don't think it'll go on sale anytime soon either.

very fun so far, i know its short but i'd rather play a 10/10 15 hour game than a 40 hour 5/10 like star wars outlaws. of course the other games i'm playing are gotham knights and final fantasy crisis core reunion lol

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've only finished Gorilla Galaxy on Astro Bot so far but it is a ton of fun. All the little bots dressed up like other Playstation titles are great too.

*edit: watching my 6 year old figure out the monkey hands and climbing the banana walls is hilarious and reminds me of playing Mario and moving the controller to make Mario jump higher.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah this is great for kids, i played a few hours and its fine. its a nintendo game on a PS5. its pretty much mario with a sony skin. Its just more of the free game that came with every PS5.

It probably is gonna sell insanely well, outselling star wars outlaws which cost 10x more to make lol. i like the game but i think its kinda crazy to rate it 95/100, it really does almost nothing new, its not really pushing the PS5 in any way, and its fairly short.

It is amazing for kids though, but kids have like a million games on nintendo and maybe 3 games on PS5 lol

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My 8 year old beat it in about 12 hours getting pretty much the minimum number of bots needed to unlock the end boss galaxy. Probably closer to 20/25 to 100%? The longest part is going to be farming coins I assume there is an achievement for getting every item/skin.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cool, going to reserve all judgment until benchmarkers and reviewers get it and measure it

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I wish console games could naturally support future hardware updates (looking at you, Bloodborne). Sucks that older games are stuck at lower technical specs.

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
$700 for a fucking console, and they can't even include the vertical stand with it anymore? That's peak Sony right there.

Edit: I don't see a blu-ray on that thing either... it appears to be like the Slim, requiring the bluray add-on if you want to play physical games. So that's another $80, assuming it uses the same one as the current Slim model.

Last edited:
  • 1Like