Playstation 5

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Lego games are a great option. Or Minecraft. I never played it before and my son kept asking me for help that I couldn't give him and he figured everything out on his own.
That’s exactly how Minecraft went for us too. He was 5 and making these multi level mansions with trains and rail carts and switches. Couldn’t even read but figured out how to do it. Then one day he asked me how to get off his horse and I was like “uuuhhhh” and had to Google it. Gg dad.

We’ll check out the Lego collection, thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I do want one of the CE controllers - but f the system since i have an underdesk holder for my PS5 - i will never see the system.

I may buy one of the pro just in anticipation of the resell value it will have to the derps who just gotta have it.

spronk

FPS noob
if you have ps+ you can check out plucky squire it just got added and is supposed to be good for kids, a little too easy for adults. a bunch of lego games are on PS+ too. Spyro and Bugsnax are decent kids games too

i just 100%'d astro bot, took a total of 22 hours which is longer than I thought it would be but feels just right. Last few hours of the game really kicks it up a notch and you leave with a real smile on your face. Gamestop is currently offering $35 base + 20% bonus for trading it in so I'll probably drop it off there, its nice having physical for single player short games like this but that seems to be dying

chances of getting a ps5 pro 30th edition are gonna be nearly zero, only 12500 total being made and bots are already setup to order on PSDirect. The 20th PS4 Pro resells for $1500 or so, this will probably resell in the $4k range since the base price is likely $1200-1500.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Since Astro Bot was so well received by my 6 year old, what would be next to play? Seems like he’s picking up the exploration and camera movement. Was thinking maybe one of the LEGO: Xxxx games but I never played any of those.
The Lego games and the ratchet and clank game. My son liked the ninjago game a lot. R&C is a little more open so maybe confusing for a 6 year old.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't buy a PS4 until I got a 4K TV and by then the PS4 Pro was out. They also had FF15 release shortly after the 4Pro while the 5Pro has nothing new until TBA 2025 territory.

5Pro needed to drop at the end of 2023 before Rebirth and Booty Blade released, but coming out months after means we're waiting for the Steam versions and not giving a shit about the Pro for years if ever.
But FF15 sucked ass

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another good game to play with your kid if he loved Astro Bot is It Takes Two. My son and I have played through it and beaten it like a dozen times over the past few years.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is Astro Bot worth platinuming, as someone who doesn't have much time to play?

It's the first 1P game I've really "gotten into" in many months and I think I'm about 2/3rds through the base game. Not sure if I want to extend it and go for the plat or just play the base game and have nice memories of that. Sometimes plats take too long or get into frustrating territory which is why I ask.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is Astro Bot worth platinuming, as someone who doesn't have much time to play?

It's the first 1P game I've really "gotten into" in many months and I think I'm about 2/3rds through the base game. Not sure if I want to extend it and go for the plat or just play the base game and have nice memories of that. Sometimes plats take too long or get into frustrating territory which is why I ask.
I got the plat in about 20 hr. It's worth doing imo; it's not difficult and you should already have most of it done by the time you beat it. The last trial was kinda hard, took me about an hour to beat that one.

• 1Like