Playstation 5

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The first was, legitimately, a good game by just about all accounts. I really enjoyed it, and it certainly had that "next-gen" feel to it. PlayStation has just really upped the gay narrative to the 10th degree. I haven't, and won't touch Forbidden West or Ragnarok because you know they're compromised to some degree. Such a shame.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
gaas - Games As a Service - games are live service, constantly updated multiplayer games that are usually f2p (but not always) but most importantly heavily emphasize paying constantly for battle passes, skins, cosmetics, mounts, pets, gacha loot boxes, pay to win potions/xp/levels/etc, on and on.

Its the most profitable area of gaming and involves everything from Fortnite, Call of Duty, Roblox, Genshin Impact, Overwatch, Diablo 4, 99% of mobile games, etc.

The biggest issue is most people are extremely comfortable with the 1-3 GAAS games they currently play and getting them into a new one is EXTREMELY hard. Everyone is chasing the next billion dollar a year Genshin/Fortnite but almost all of them fail - xDefiant, Concord, Suicide Squad, Foamstars, on and on. Big studios are throwing tons of money at it at the expense of AAA single player games which have been slashed a lot.

Most years we get 5-10 amazing AAA single player games, this year we've gotten like... 3 or 4? so a lot of people are salty at Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, etc wasting money on this shit especially when they infest it with characters who are all "put a black girl in it and make it gay"
Its the MMO boom/bust cycle all over again, Corps chasing WOW money with half-ass efforts thinking they are going to ride the ride when only the market winners get market share. So many more bodies in the graveyard, with huge amounts of wasted money chasing the big win rather than playing to their strength.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The first was, legitimately, a good game by just about all accounts. I really enjoyed it, and it certainly had that "next-gen" feel to it. PlayStation has just really upped the gay narrative to the 10th degree. I haven't, and won't touch Forbidden West or Ragnarok because you know they're compromised to some degree. Such a shame.

Yeah Horizon was a legitimately good game. The story discovery aspect was its best part, learning about what happened was quite interesting.

Sequel was quite a lame follow-up in basically all regards.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Unsure why anyone would buy PS5 pro.

To play what?

just really an hours thing, i play 10-20 hours a week on my ps5. thats ~520 hours a year. If I get a 5% improvement in visuals, thats worth $700 to me since the Pro should be good for at LEAST 2 years, more likely 3-4.

I haven't bought any new game in 2024 other than Astro bot, so a bunch of stuff I'll play in 2025 - Stellar Blade, Black Myth Wukong, Final Fantasy Rebirth, Infinite Wealth, next Yakuza game, Star Wars Outlaws - all will get Pro patches to run at 60 fps with Sonys DLSS & RTX on, while the regular PS5 will do at best 60 fps without RTX or DLSS. That minor improvement is worth it.

but I 100% agree there ain't fuck all that is exclusive to Sony, and if you prefer gaming on PC then thats way better. The only minor exception is GTA 6 which might come out next year (or might not), and is allegedly going to be locked to consoles only for 12-18 months.

The PS5 Pro is still in stock at PSD and has never run out and will start preorders in stores 10/10 so its not scarce at all. There will be way better deals on it next year, and if The Wolverine game comes out I could see a cool PS5 Pro wolverine bundle. Maybe a GTA6 Pro bundle too.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
GTA6 is probably going to run like shit on current gen hardware if GTA5 is any indication

I'll grab it on PS7 when it actually runs decent

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Seems to me that the majority of games will continue to be made for the PS5, with the pro offering marginal improvements.