Pre-1970 movies you haven't watched but probably should.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Spencer Tracy favorites:

Comedy with a bunch of well known comics of the day:​
Historical court room drama about the Stokes Money Trial:​
Social commentary on race relations in 60s (outside of the South):​
I like Adam's Rib. It's one of those screwball comedies like His Girl Friday and It Happened one Night. Screwball comedies from the 30s and 40s are a lot of fun. There is something for everyone. Comedy, romance, drama and sometimes a decent story.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Hmm any insight into why my link doesn't look like the others?
That's weird. I paste your link and It looks like the others. Try another one?

Burns

I like Adam's Rib. It's one of those screwball comedies like His Girl Friday and It Happened one Night. Screwball comedies from the 30s and 40s are a lot of fun. There is something for everyone. Comedy, romance, drama and sometimes a decent story.
I've heard of Adam's Rib before but never sat down and watched it. When I get in the mood to watch old movies it's usually for the more serious ones. Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World just happened to come on TCM one time (long ago) when nothing else was on and found it to be really good. I'll have to remember to give Adam's Rib and His Girl Friday a shot.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Back in high school, I had a girlfriend that was all about Gone With the Wind. She wanted to watch it all the time, and I did watch it once with her. Very boring movie for my high school mind.
That movie is fucking stupid and sucks.