Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

tarquinn_sl

shitlord
Tanks are terrible as a newbie because of the gear requirements. It takes forever to get anything reasonable.

As a complete brand-new to the server with no friends etc.., a Druid isn't a terrible choice. They're a little harder to consistently get groups with, but they're not extremely gear dependent and you can also at least solo when you have to. On top of that, later on, you can start making money giving ports and power leveling people. At level 60 they can farm money and misc items solo pretty damn good. The end-game here is that you get your 60 druid rolling and making enough money to twink out your Warrior or Knight if that's what you ultimately want to play.

Theres a million ways to do it I'm sure, but in my opinion, I'd never make a tank as the first character. It's a brutally hard grind and uphill battle from level 1 and unless you're chronically unemployed, you probably won't ever get anywhere.

Raign

Golden Squire
Tanks are terrible as a newbie because of the gear requirements. It takes forever to get anything reasonable.

As a complete brand-new to the server with no friends etc.., a Druid isn't a terrible choice. They're a little harder to consistently get groups with, but they're not extremely gear dependent and you can also at least solo when you have to. On top of that, later on, you can start making money giving ports and power leveling people. At level 60 they can farm money and misc items solo pretty damn good. The end-game here is that you get your 60 druid rolling and making enough money to twink out your Warrior or Knight if that's what you ultimately want to play.

Theres a million ways to do it I'm sure, but in my opinion, I'd never make a tank as the first character. It's a brutally hard grind and uphill battle from level 1 and unless you're chronically unemployed, you probably won't ever get anywhere.
I thought about a druid, but they were so common 'back in my day' (fuck I am old) that I don't know if I can do it. I played a monk and a cleric back when I played and loved them both, but monk was pretty gear intensive (and far too popular... ) and cleric is a sack of suck if you ever need to solo because you only have a short window to play - which is often my case.

Thanks for the offer Rob, I will definitely look you up to bum some buff love once I settle on what I am class I am going to stick with. Guess I can log in and try the /who all option to see the server pop.. which I forgot until just this second :p

Edit: Looks like I will stick with chanter.. not many of them around at the high end and I really enjoy it

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Always a demand for enchanters at the high end on P99, literally every group wants one.

That said, there actually are still a lot of them, since they are so powerful in this era and P99 end game is all about power and efficiency.

Raign

Golden Squire
Heh, shit, forgot about the whole 'you must run all over the world to buy your spells' part of being a caster in eq. The run across Kithikor and High Pass Hold at level 8 should be entertaining. I guess I should be thankful that I have illusions and invis as a chanter -- options that I never had as a cleric. Of course, you can bum them from other players, but it never seemed to fail that I would get lost for a bit too long and the spells would fade before I got where I was going.

Wish there were more low level groups around. Server definitely seems a bit top heavy -- though most have seemed pretty great/ generous/ helpful.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Heh, shit, forgot about the whole 'you must run all over the world to buy your spells' part of being a caster in eq. The run across Kithikor and High Pass Hold at level 8 should be entertaining. I guess I should be thankful that I have illusions and invis as a chanter -- options that I never had as a cleric. Of course, you can bum them from other players, but it never seemed to fail that I would get lost for a bit too long and the spells would fade before I got where I was going.

Wish there were more low level groups around. Server definitely seems a bit top heavy -- though most have seemed pretty great/ generous/ helpful.
Kith is fine running the wall, the groups all go through the same tunnel, so deviating to lesser played zones is usually a non-starter.

Raign

Golden Squire
Kith is fine running the wall, the groups all go through the same tunnel, so deviating to lesser played zones is usually a non-starter.
Yeah, I am seeing this. The good news is I like most of the 'funnel' zones, but would just prefer some diversity from time to time (fond memories of little known/ used zones like Dalnir stick with me).

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
But, but...they say right on their website some members came from the original Veeshan "charter" - why would they lie to us?!?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
AFAIK the only guild on P99 that is a true carry over from Veeshan is <Azure Guard>. but even that is barely so... Dulas has passed leadership down to her son Nemce.

Siliconemelons

AFAIK the only guild on P99 that is a true carry over from Veeshan is <Azure Guard>. but even that is barely so... Dulas has passed leadership down to her son Nemce.
True AG is the only real legacy - I haven't seen anyone on P99 FoH that have come here etc. to "prove" or "show" that they where OG FoH from veeshan. When they first started on p99 all their members and leadership directly told me "no" - now they are being a little vauge /inferring and sometimes (like above statement) directly saying they are in some way FoH... Maybe its the XX-iae's from live that where <Dark Fury> as wasn't that 3-4 OG early early FoH's Bashie etc.?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't think anybody is saying they can't, i mean who cares. I just saw that this morning and found it interesting. I didn't even realize fohguild.net existed haha

I wonder if they're aware of rerolled

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I wonder if they're aware of rerolled
The leader is either Wolfen or Sutekh

jqS9IuV.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah well a lot of people online are fucking liars and I doubt the leader of "New FOH" just happens to use images from two of our prominent posters by coincidence.