Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I rolled up a warrior, but I'm already questioning that choice. Would hate to level him to a decent level and regret it. O' the decisions......

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^^ what race?

my first P99 toon was a warrior. made him a barbarian, because barbs can wear both medium and large armor. my thinking was that since i was first starting out, i wanted to have more options for gear. now that i'm an end game tank, i sort of wish i had rolled a different race. going back now, i probably would have gone with Halfling.... for the innate DEX bonus, and the ability to Sneak pull.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Rolled a human, so that I could start in freeport. I basically rolled one because I saw Bob in the tunnel decked out with epics and cobalt and it gave me an instant chub. My main was a warrior in live years ago, so it was nostalgia overload. I kind of don't know if I should go through with being that I don't have any friends to play with and I remember how group dependent they were.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Rolled a human, so that I could start in freeport. I basically rolled one because I saw Bob in the tunnel decked out with epics and cobalt and it gave me an instant chub. My main was a warrior in live years ago, so it was nostalgia overload. I kind of don't know if I should go through with being that I don't have any friends to play with and I remember how group dependent they were.
I'm a level 3 Shaman (Ledd) and all alone in Grobb. I'll be glad to duo with you any time. Server has 1k+ and a ton of mid levels. I'm hoping it has enough community for some fun group time. I was always wanted to make a Troll Shaman, but was just always in the rat race of raiding during my EQ days.

Main, it sucks being a n00blet again, but it's fun. I just hit a few PP and was stoked, until I realized that's not jack in EQLand.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I'll be on around 5:30 cst. I may reroll (again
frown.png
). Maybe start a ogre since we'd be near each other. I'll shoot ya a tell if your on.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Warriors are pretty awful until high levels. Huge Argo generation issues, and very expensive to gear for a new character starting out.

If you guys need ports from starting cities just send me a message in my inbox here. We'll try to set up a time to meet up

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Warriors are pretty awful until high levels. Huge Argo generation issues, and very expensive to gear for a new character starting out.

If you guys need ports from starting cities just send me a message in my inbox here. We'll try to set up a time to meet up
That would be awesome being that I was making my choices based on not being able to get a port out of the shitty starter zones.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
That would be awesome being that I was making my choices based on not being able to get a port out of the shitty starter zones.
If you are gonna play a warrior and don't plan on raiding, I say roll a halfling for the dex anyway. Procs are gonna be your best means of Agro generation IMO.

Although... Ogre is ogre obviously. Frontal stun immunity, slam, and high stamina is pretty hard to ignore...

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
I've got a 30 druid that I can do pickups & dropoffs if anyone needs.

Dropoffs are BB, WC, NK, EK, Tox.

Can PM me here, I'll be on the druid from 6-6:20PM CST tonight and most of this week. Available at other times, but that'll need to be planned a bit more as I'm not actively leveling the character. No spare armor or coin at the moment.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
What's currently the most op class for leveling up? Doubt I'll ever get into the raid game.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What's currently the most op class for leveling up? Doubt I'll ever get into the raid game.
Necro or mage, probably, at least until 20. Enchanter and Druid are probably up there, too. Nec/Mage/enchanter have to contend with the pet experience thing (Need to do more than 50% of the damage or you get half experience). But with mages you can just do a reclaim/resummon before the mob dies, and necros can do the same (If you have tons of chips) or for later levels, necs really have no problem doing more than 50%. (And honestly? Even if the pet takes half, nec/mage soloing is so fast, it's still efficient.)

Enchanter and druid also solo well, but have a harder start, from what I hear, I've never played them though.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
http://wiki.project1999.org/Loraen&#39;s...election_Guide

Bard swarm kiting is retarded as it has always been, and you can level to 50 with vendor gear at crazy speed...at the expense of your wrists and sanity. Enchanter charm killing (and druid to some extent) is also stupid OP. Of course, Shaman are probably the most OP class from Kunark to Velious, followed closely by monks.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Do you want to group or solo?

In addition to Lithose's suggestions, I might add:

Bards, starting at level 2 (with some great skill and usually outside buffs) and definitely at 18, are currently kings at leveling, up to 55 or so.

P99 allows bards' AoE songs to hit unlimited targets, and it works on mobs that are moving (for half damage). So, being the clever EQ players they are, people have discovered they can circle kite 100s of mobs. The kite can take 20-30 min, but since it's an AoE, mob count has no affect on kite duration. So they can do multiple levels a day without any help. It's really down to how many non casting mobs you can round. Overthere is swarming with them.

My experience, up to level 35 so far, is that the standard group mainstays are always in demand; clerics, rogues, warriors, enchanters.

Ephi, one of the GM's also posted some nice graphs (if you like to make your decision on what is/isn't popular):

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...4&postcount=31

EDIT: Damn too slow.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Yep, on bards, don't forget though, the experience debts are in. Bards get 40% reduced experience--so with most races, bards level at 56% rate. They kill ridiculously fast, though. Shaman are OP, but they nerfed out the spell line dot stacking, so they aren't quite as OP as they were on live during this time. (Shamans on live could stack the same spell line, so they could put like 6 dots on a mob at later levels, this combined with their slows, canna mana regen and chain armor made them retarded. They still have the other things, just not the dot stacking.)

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yep, on bards, don't forget though, the experience debts are in. Bards get 40% reduced experience--so with most races, bards level at 56% rate. They kill ridiculously fast, though. Shaman are OP, but they nerfed out the spell line dot stacking, so they aren't quite as OP as they were on live during this time. (Shamans on live could stack the same spell line, so they could put like 6 dots on a mob at later levels, this combined with their slows, canna mana regen and chain armor made them retarded. They still have the other things, just not the dot stacking.)
Ya, so they can still facetank any non raid-mob in the game while never going oom via their ridiculous slows, it just takes a little longer to kill them ;P

Louis

Trakanon Raider
A bard it is....name is capris. Currently killing in wfp... If anyones near the tunnel and has time to transfer over 1kpp from my mage to him that would be jawsome.

The Muze_sl

shitlord
This is way slower than I remember. Or perhaps my memory is clouded by twinks I rolled on live. At any rate, maybe choosing Iksar wasn't the best idea. Is there such a thing as hot zones on this server?