Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This is way slower than I remember. Or perhaps my memory is clouded by twinks I rolled on live. At any rate, maybe choosing Iksar wasn't the best idea. Is there such a thing as hot zones on this server?
Iksar have a huge racial penalty, I believe penalties were taken out after velious (Class based ones), right now though, on P99 class AND racial penalties stack (multiplicative).

shattuck_sl

shitlord

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If you are gonna play a warrior and don't plan on raiding, I say roll a halfling for the dex anyway. Procs are gonna be your best means of Agro generation IMO.

Although... Ogre is ogre obviously. Frontal stun immunity, slam, and high stamina is pretty hard to ignore...
halfling warriors do fine raiding. every warrior race is gonna hit the 200 stat softcaps when there's a shaman buffing them.

the warrior that won P99's Best of the Best tournament is a halfling named Eabon.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, the stat caps make it pointless for end game. Frontal stun immunity is a pretty significant attribute though. I still made a Barb Warrior anyway (on EQ Mac).

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Thanks to Grumpus I finally got my pps on my bard. So nice to be able to afford bags and songs! lol

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Thanks to Grumpus I finally got my pps on my bard. So nice to be able to afford bags and songs! lol
I went from 1 to 8 with zero twinking on my Shaman.. Ouch, forgot how fun death was in EQ. Be nice to hit 9 and get SOW.

Community seems good. People are friendly, and there seems to be a good amount of chat and groups. I just need to escape Innothule Swamp.

My main weapon is a Kunzar Ku'Juch, given to me for free by someone at the EC tunnel.

Compared to "Rusty Long Sword" it was ROCKING.

A few days later:

Somedude: "Hey what's your weapon"
Ayesh: "Links Kunzar Ku'Juch"
Somedude:"Well you're about to get an upgrade"
Ayesh: "Ok
smile.png
"

The guy makes his way from Seb to WC to give me a Sword of Skyfire
Somedude: "Great weapon till it starts procing!"
Ayesh: "Holy shit!!"

This is CRAZY

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Goblins in High Keep are awesome on P99 from like level 25 -32. Only 1 group at a time, don't let anyone claim the goblins can support more than 1 group.

and turn in left goblin ears! They are really good exp until about level 28 from what I remember.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
saw your bard sitting in WFP earlier today, was gonna hook you up with some more plat but you must have been AFK.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
lol, my level 12 spells wiped me out, back to 20pp.....been selling HQ bear asses for money. But on the bright side, fucking level 12 necro spells let me solo yellow cons easily again, even though I'm only in cloth gear, haha.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
If you want a port tonight lemme know and I'll bring you where I can (29 druid rings)
I need to figure out where to go from 9 to 15. I ran to the Commons and did an hour at Orc 1 and almost was whacked by a Griffin. Just logged in Neriak. I'll probably try to get a bind there.

EC tunnel was crazy. Just like in the heyday. Logging for a bit, but if you have any ideas I'll be on tomorrow a good chunk of the afternoon.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I broke down. Made an enchanter named Venun. I am in the Gfay area if anyone wants to hang out and exp.