Puzzles and Dragons

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Nah cant be bothered with days... I generally farm up 40+ dragon plants per account and that lasts me the week... (depending on sleep cycle)

I would probably spend 5 stones on double king gold dragons...
No kidding. I'd blow through 10 (and still probably not get a single king) easy.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
No kidding. I'd blow through 10 (and still probably not get a single king) easy.
I will be a sad camper when the 2x kings go away at the end of the week
frown.png

rrr_img_18328.jpg

It just seems so cost effective for time and stamina spent for Exp gain vs the slog of the pendragon farming tea party. I am still farming up the pengdragons but on a much smaller scale.

If gold dragons roll around I see myself easily dropping a few stones to chain farm it. Light monsters get so neglected.

frown.png

rrr_img_18328.jpg

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
I haven't seen much difference at all with this double kings event. They do not show up more often in the dungeons, frequently there are none. When they are alone you tend to get the drop, and when they are with two little ones, it's pretty much 50/50 if I get a king or a little trash shit. I really think this event is the same as double skill ups - words on a page, and nothing more.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I haven't seen much difference at all with this double kings event. They do not show up more often in the dungeons, frequently there are none. When they are alone you tend to get the drop, and when they are with two little ones, it's pretty much 50/50 if I get a king or a little trash shit. I really think this event is the same as double skill ups - words on a page, and nothing more.
I have been having insane luck with the event actually. I see at least 2 kings during a run and usually pull 1-3 per clearing. Yesterday I had half a dozen runs where I got 3. I use all the little metal dragons to power up my lower dark creatures. It is expensive for now but I do not like seeing them go to waste.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I just posted this over on the PAD forums but I like the gaming mentality of the foh/rerolled boards much more.

Let us theorycraft~

Good Afternoon folks!

As we have all been trying out the new Egyptian gods and enjoying the highs and lows of missed combos I had an idea.

How viable would it be to take a blue Odin as a leader and take dual element gods as subs then pair with a Horus/Isis/Bastet?

Would any possible god combinations make this a more viable team than the heart orb changers horus team?

Blue Odin - Leader 2.5x ATT gods
Verche - orb change
Light/Dark Venus - board change
Blue/Light Neptune - high defense fights
Parvati - safety net

Horus - Ally Leader

I was thinking this might make a much safer all around team instead of dual horus leaders.

Any opinions would be welcome =)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A bit safer than a Bastet/Horus combo would be, though at your level I imagine 4combos are more the rule than the exception. Added bonus of big nuke over her very limited usefulness activated. Only negative being you'd NEED Gods, where with her you could sub in any of the Dual color dragons or attacker types where needed.

The attacker double swaps would not be bad for this type of team. Guess you could even plug Ogres in, weak damage but the 30k nuke to sub is fun.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I just hate the stress of dual horus 4x matching. When I fuck up and get standard 1x damage.

I'm spit balling the idea of rolling with blue Odin as a leader for the guaranteed 2.5x if I fuck up going for the gold with Horus.

Also many times after pulling a nice 4+ combo the board you are left with is dogshit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, if you've got the Gods run with it obviously. Just comparing it to the next closest thing I can think of, which would be Bastet in place of Blodin.

I'm not even using my Horus right now except as a red filler. Working on my Shiva mono red squad.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Blue Odin - Leader 2.5x ATT gods
Verche - orb change
Light/Dark Venus - board change
Blue/Light Neptune - high defense fights
Parvati - safety net

Horus - Ally Leader

I was thinking this might make a much safer all around team instead of dual horus leaders.

Any opinions would be welcome =)
Well, take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I am absolutely terrible at using Horus so far ;p

I think the biggest question is how consistently you can make the 4x combos - personally I am about 1 in 5 currently, so would be tempted by that option if I had a blue odin - but to math it out a bit -

4 attacks at 1x damage + 1 attack at 16x damage = 20x damage overall ( this is actually a bit biased toward the lower end as you are missing at least 1 color so can't be getting full damage - I'll assume you are missing dark orbs from a neptune offspec instead of red orbs say )
4 attacks at 2.5x damage + 1 attack at 10x damage = 20x damage overall.

So even for someone as terrible at it as me, the two basically break even, but with a practical avantage to horus, as if I fail a 4x match I'll probably do some shitty matches to try and set another one up, whereas with blue odin I'd probably use up more of the stored orbs on weaker 2.5x attacks. I also have biased my horus team a bit toward red ( horus, minerva, gigas ) so if I can't make a 4x match, a lesser match with dark or light ( neptune/ceres ) doesn't hurt as much. I'm still torn on gigas vs parvati for spot 5 though - definitely a very high skill needed leader.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for all the Odins, phone is dead.

After seeing all the mystic stone knights yesterday and getting my hopes up, I haven't seen fuck all today, much less gotten a drop.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Keep it at, the xp is good in the non-recovery dungeons, if you need another odin I'm on the rerolled list as Dandain. I've been burning a lot of stamina running light expert just because its 9.2k~ for 25 sta.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Keep it at, the xp is good in the non-recovery dungeons, if you need another odin I'm on the rerolled list as Dandain. I've been burning a lot of stamina running light expert just because its 9.2k~ for 25 sta.
I've got 2 pretty good setups now, can run it Gigas, Firedragon, Naga, Green Ripper, Hades, and an Ama friend, or StE, Firedragon, Gigas, Green Ripper, Hades with an Odin friend. That's more than enough variety to cover most of the logins.

Really missing out on not having a red ripper, but it's not TOO painful. End boss is about 75-80 turns though.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've got 2 pretty good setups now, can run it Gigas, Firedragon, Naga, Green Ripper, Hades, and an Ama friend, or StE, Firedragon, Gigas, Green Ripper, Hades with an Odin friend. That's more than enough variety to cover most of the logins.

Really missing out on not having a red ripper, but it's not TOO painful. End boss is about 75-80 turns though.
Keep plugging away. End boss on light/dark mech was around 80 for me; now end boss for light skydragon is ~15.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Dragon plant thursday is always so boring, So making my neptune into the light/dark version does that take level 99? In the evolve panel it shows he doesn't have another evolution as even an option?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Has to be the worst Thursday ever. If my math is right I ran it 14 times today and looking at my box I have 14 Plants, 4 Fruits. No idea how many Seeds, Flowers, and Carbuncles I sold today. TrollHo can EAD for Room 4/5 and the worthless Flower!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Dragon plant thursday is always so boring, So making my neptune into the light/dark version does that take level 99? In the evolve panel it shows he doesn't have another evolution as even an option?
No, the key thing on the multi-color/ultimate evolutions is that they can be done any time in the correct form.

So thisNeptunecan't go dual color, but thisSea Diety Neptunecan evolve into either theSea Deity Abyss Neptuneor theSea Deity Heaven Neptune. Same for Hades, Venus, etc.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can sign up for the PDX site now, and they have a Friend Search option so you can look up ID's of members using the classes you need.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/friendsearch.asp

So I have the 6*, if i get the lits I need I can make him into water/dark or water/light? immediately? If so anyone have suggestions for which combination is best?
Wasn't mentioned, the dual color evolutions are done with the Power Up Fusion, not Evolve. You have to put the right mats in and you will see the Begin Fusion button flashing green and yellow instead of just green. After you click it you will get a new screen with the option to either evolve to the new version or just eat the mats for exp like normal.

Give more details on what you have and are aiming for and someone can help with the color choice, though since nothing is resistant to light/dark specifically it probably just comes do

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Its just a matter of which sub resistance to put on my neptune, light or dark. And gotcha on the power up, makes sense.