Puzzles and Dragons

Burr

Molten Core Raider
Just cleared it and got Highlander. That first wave is a doozy! I was relieved when I arrived at the boss stage because it was so easy in comparison to the first and vampire wave.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Debating about clearing it again... hoping for a highlander drop this time to complete my set of heart to orb changers...

Not sure when I will ever use them.. but better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone have a high level toytops? May give this a shot (and die horribly) with just 50% resists, since I cannot get 75%.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a high level toytops? May give this a shot (and die horribly) with just 50% resists, since I cannot get 75%.
Guy on my list (330,843,208) is pretty active and has a Level 30 Fortoytops that I used this morning. Along with my Abyss Neptune and managed to die spectacularly at the Vamps. Had to use 1 stone on the 1st round Devils due to my own screw up. There was just no way I was going to get past the Vampires. Was using Neptune / Rainbow / Rainbow / CDD / StE, going on the assumption that CDD nuke would come in handy at some point, but without an autohealer there just aren't enough heart orbs to stall on stage 1 or 2 (for me at least), and CDD nuke does nothing against the Masks. With friend Fortoytops think I was at just under 12k HP. If I replace CDD with 3rd Rainbow and use Velk's Neptune and run double Dark / Water that should put me at 14.5k HP. Will try it again later with that setup and see how it goes. Could replace the StE with something else, but the max level heart ability is just too useful here I think.

Thengel

Yeah I don't have a neptune, which really really sucks. Going to run with Venus / Toytops, so I have quadra resists to get by the first couple stages. Also sucks that I have to bring Succubus for poison, since, again, I do not have Neptune, and there's no way I can do this without Toytops. Lineup will be Venus, Rainbow Keeper, StE, Dark Mechdragon, Succubus, Toytops. Will put me just over 10k HP but with 1770 RCV. Just have to pray I don't get all 3 vamp on same timer, or that's instadeath.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't have a neptune, which really really sucks. Going to run with Venus / Toytops, so I have quadra resists to get by the first couple stages. Also sucks that I have to bring Succubus for poison, since, again, I do not have Neptune, and there's no way I can do this without Toytops. Lineup will be Venus, Rainbow Keeper, StE, Dark Mechdragon, Succubus, Toytops. Will put me just over 10k HP but with 1770 RCV. Just have to pray I don't get all 3 vamp on same timer, or that's instadeath.
Any reason you would bring Dark Mech over Light Mech (overlooking the obvious answer here)? I debated switching the CDD for LHD just for a little extra punch on the Vamp stage.

Thengel

Dark mech is level 42, Light mech is level 19
frown.png
So about 600 HP and 300 ATK. Light still might be better, for the vamps? My LHD is similarly underleveled. Sucks.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ah, yeah yeah. I'm short the team cost to run Neptune, Rainbow, Rainbow, Light Mech, StE. Could dump like 9 King Lights in to my LHD (level 1) though, haha.

Df~_sl

shitlord
I have a lvl 32 toytops out right now...
lvl 2 skill and +2 hp
smile.png

1223 HP... didnt see any higher on my list so... welcome to try that...

Just finished vampires on 2nd runthrough... still no stones, closest I got to dying this run was during masks... almost ate a double unresisted attack in the face, but got lucky on falling combos to finish off one.

Will update as I go along green/blue
smile.png

sigh... another berserk, still no highlander.

Going in with 10k hp and 50 dark blue green resist means you have a 33% chance of instant death... and you have the following damage intake during the boss... 9898, 2855, 2855...
I do not think you can sustain that amount of healing especially with your team makeup. Especially with how long your fight will last with no strong poison...

Thengel

I have a lvl 32 toytops out right now...
lvl 2 skill and +2 hp
smile.png

1223 HP... didnt see any higher on my list so... welcome to try that...
Somehow you aren't on my friends list. I guess I haven't really gone to that spreadsheet in a long, long time.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Just made some space for you, send an invite and Ill get ya now

I really want to try double anubis team for tricolor dungeon... but not sure I want to risk 50 stam on it...

If I am getting 6-8 matches each time in regulars... do you think I can manage 10+ every round in tricolor?

Did a test run on another account on expert... Lowest combo I got so far was 10. And almost got one rounded even with all those combos
frown.png

Btw.. JP side has these split into 2... Legend/Master and Expert/Adept... extra stone since there is no way I can clear Legend, even on US side... unless my double anubis strat works out :p

Thengel

Just made some space for you, send an invite and Ill get ya now

I really want to try double anubis team for tricolor dungeon... but not sure I want to risk 50 stam on it...

If I am getting 6-8 matches each time in regulars... do you think I can manage 10+ every round in tricolor?

Did a test run on another account on expert... Lowest combo I got so far was 10. And almost got one rounded even with all those combos
frown.png

Btw.. JP side has these split into 2... Legend/Master and Expert/Adept... extra stone since there is no way I can clear Legend, even on US side... unless my double anubis strat works out :p
Thanks got you. Although now I don't need your Toytops - a level 55 just friended me.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Add for the toytops, stay for the max level AO :p

For Ancient Fire Dragon... even on expert mode, you can use red ripper + high level AO to cakewalk through it...
The higher HP the better... I went in with 8450 and was lucky that starter red drgon on round 5 didnt nuke me or that would be game over even with resist. didnt get close to dieing anytime after that...

Note: Do not rely on Siren the Enchantress as your autohealer... as the devils have a skill to bind all blue creatures... You can still get tons of healing from just heart matches... but why risk it when there are so many high level AOs on the RR list?

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Somehow you aren't on my friends list. I guess I haven't really gone to that spreadsheet in a long, long time.
I'm not sure how up to date many of the leaders in the spreadsheet are so if anyone runs an auto healer as a regular leader that I haven't already invited, let me know. My kinda gimpy odin needs you badly.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Still trying to think of an effective 100x team for tricolor...

Anubis
Bastet (green) (if no bastet: Green odin/susano/wood mech)
Orochi (blue) (if no orochi, Water mech)
Echidna (red)
Echidna (red)
Anubis

Lots of delay to give you more chances to explode...
Bastet to haha AE explode 100X

HP / defensive cooldowns can replace delay... but are not as good...

At the moment, my RBG anubis team is: Echidna, Rainbow Keeper, Red Ripper, Blue Ripper. (no point in bringing a subpar green)

Thengel

Hah tried two heroes and just got absolutely crushed by the demons in round 1. I don't think there's any way I could put out enough damage to kill them while also keeping my HP & resists high enough.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So wait... tried to go back through the posts and think I'm confusing myself. Maybe Df~ can help me with the maths:

Sea Deity Neptune + Fortoytops: 75% Water Resist, 50% Dark, 50% Wood
Frost Devil: 3510 * .25 = 878
Blood Devil: 3690 * .5 = 1,845
Taur Devil: 3570 * .5 = 1,785
Pyro Devil: 3480
Harpie Devil: 3600

Total Damage Round 1 = 11,588

Vampires = 8,520 * .5 = 4,260 * 3 = 12,780

Berserk = 14,085 * .25 = 3,521
Highlander = 5,710 * .5 = 2,855

2,855 + 3,521 = 6,376 (for the same round hit, every 3 rounds)
2,855 guaranteed every round from Highlander

Sea Deity Neptune + Sea Deity Neptune: 75% Water, 75% Dark
Frost Devil: 3510 * .25 = 878
Blood Devil: 3690 * .5 = 923
Taur Devil: 3570
Pyro Devil: 3480
Harpie Devil: 3600

Total Damage Round 1 = 12,451

Vampire = 8520 * .25 = 2,130 * 3 = 6,390

Berserk = 14,085 * .25 = 3,521
Highlander = 5,710

5,710 + 3,521 = 9,231 (for the same round hit, every 3 rounds)
5,710 guaranteed every round from Highlander

Hell of a lot of consistent healing and heart chaining needed to bust through that.

So, the obvious conclusions here are that double Neptune makes the Vampire round much more manageable. But not particularly the Devil Round or the Berserk/Highlander. Guess the Triple Resist is the way to go. Needing a minimum of 12,780 hp to survive a linked up Vamps, and to be able to recover 12,780 hp in three rounds. RCV on my Neptune, Rainbow, Rainbow, StE team is only 1300... which means umm, need a lot of hearts. 600k HP on three Vamp Lords just seems like the bigger challenge to me and is where I failed earlier. The damage output on that team is just not very high at all. And it feels like I'll use tons of stones just to get through that phase.

Anyways, I know Df~ went through this exercise earlier, but sometimes it helps to step through it myself. If I messed up the numbers anywhere or overlooked an easy way to do it, let me know.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I've run the tricolor dungeon a few times now and I found I like having a damage multiplier leader and a resist ally. Take along a siren or other heart changer.

Ran the heroes dungeon with a neptune/toytops combo. Long ass slog. It dropped Berserk though, which I wanted.

Df~_sl

shitlord
So wait... tried to go back through the posts and think I'm confusing myself. Maybe Df~ can help me with the maths:

Sea Deity Neptune + Fortoytops: 75% Water Resist, 50% Dark, 50% Wood
Math looks correct. Double Abyss Neptune makes the LONGER berserk fight even harder... because your poison doesnt stack...

You can enter the dungeon with less than 12780 hp if you want... but you basically give yourself a 33% chance to autofail.

I still have had no problem on the first round... I make a big enough combo and have always had at least 3 dark orbs on start... which allows me to one shot the light devil... it actually helps that the red devil is on the far left... as he will get attacked first, meaning if you select the light devil as your focus, you will automatically start attacking the red one after the light one dies.

But my team is 3 Rainbow Keepers, Siren, Abyss Neptune, Toytops... gives me a bit more leeway (also, the Aybss Neptune was max level which does help...)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm nearing rank 100 but I have no Neptune and no Toytops. No Heroes for me.

Did Expert ancient red with the generic Ripper/AO combo. Took like 120+ turns on boss. Fuck Master.