Racism - Lets keep it civil. Also, Gravy is white.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The only time I've actually experienced white privilege was in Manila where I could bypass security measures at malls.

White Privilege! Available now in the Philippines!

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I'm racist and proud of it. Earth for humans. Fuck the other animals, plants, and micro-organisms.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm racist and proud of it. Earth for humans. Fuck the other animals, plants, and micro-organisms.
hum.png

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Before you read this BS that happened to me this morning...I have a question. Do you white folk believe that black folk are treated equally by the police in general?

I drive a 2014 Challenger RT. Orange. Decent car. Nothing special, but it stands out. I have been pulled over maybe 3 times in me owning the car less than a year for no reason what so ever. Give my license and registration, don't even ask what is the problem officer. Just wait a few minutes, wait for the BS lie as to why they pulled me over, and go about my way.

Today pissed me the fuck off.

Pulled over on my way to work by the towns local police of where I work. (Affluent town BTW)I am pulled over immediately coming out of the rotary. Did my usual routine of getting my licence and registration ready. My hand is out the window with both items. Cop gets up to the window and is pissed. Says to me, "You're going to be a smart ass". I say nothing in return. Second cop car pulls up. I'm now worried. 3rd cop car, WTF. Cops ask me to get out the car. I get out.

At this point the ONLY thing I can think of is that my insurance is due. But it is automatic against my credit card. Maybe the new chipped cards are out and my old card is no good...I'm just running thru everything.

I ask what is going on as nicely as pie. I am told to shut it and sit down. I do as I am told. I sit my fat ass on the curb. This shit is embarrassing as fuck because I am literally at work now. Everyone who I DON'T know at work is passing by and looking at me like "WTF I KNEW he was an evil man"!

Three of my co workers that sit in the same area pull over thank god to see what has happened! One of them is my best friend at work. I will honestly say this though. Never did I think these guys outside my bud would in any way stop to make sure I was OK. Thru all the BS going on I point over to these guys and say these fellas here know me...

This is where shit gets pissy for me. They ask TWO of the coworkers do they know me. Three are there standing next to each other. Both vouch telling them I am a Sr. IT engineer for this company right fuckin there. They ignore the third coworker.

By this time, traffic is backing up and everyone is just rubber necking. I am REALLY embarrassed at this point.

The original two cops go pow wow a little longer then come back to me and hand me back my license and registration. I am now livid. My buddy asks what was the issue. He is told they got a report of an incident in the area, and my car matched the description. I have not seen ONE orange fuckin challenger yet since I have owned the car. I am finally told by the cops in the 3rd car (who wasn't fuckin even there!!!) that I was pulled over because I didn't signal while exiting the rotary as I went into the right lane. I was IN the right lane! So even THAT was a lie. And you need 3 cruisers for that?

Anyway...I get in my car and bring my ass to work. My bud and coworkers know I am pissed, but we hit the cafe and talk anyway...I tell them everything that happened before they showed up...blah blah blah. Two of my coworkers see nothing wrong even though the reasons are different for pulling me over. The third guy, whom the cops ignored finally says to the others..."you guys do see why he was pulled over right"? He then points out how they were asked if they knew me, and he was not..."so what?" they pretty much say. They honestly can't see why I am angry.

That's pretty much it.

Now, am I being a black man angry at the world for nothing? Making something out of nothing? Let this go (not that I have a choice here really)...OR do I have a right to be upset.
Third guy was black of course

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Probably. I've been stopped by as cop once and a asked to see some I'd because I looked like a suspicious person that was reported. And this was on a path I walked 3 to 4 times a week.

I've never been pulled over by cops on a fishing expedition, but my brother has a few times.

If they are truly being bubba rednecks in your area of spend some money on dash cameras and record it. After a couple stops get in contact with a news channel.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I know anyone driving a muscle car is going to get pulled over more than normal. Outside of that could there have been a racial component? Yes. Have you presented anything that would prove that? No. I am sorry either way that you had a shitty morning.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Before you read this BS that happened to me this morning...I have a question. Do you white folk believe that black folk are treated equally by the police in general?

I drive a 2014 Challenger RT. Orange. Decent car. Nothing special, but it stands out. I have been pulled over maybe 3 times in me owning the car less than a year for no reason what so ever. Give my license and registration, don't even ask what is the problem officer. Just wait a few minutes, wait for the BS lie as to why they pulled me over, and go about my way.

Pulled over on my way to work by the towns local police of where I work. (Affluent town BTW)I am pulled over immediately coming out of the rotary. Did my usual routine of getting my licence and registration ready. My hand is out the window with both items. Cop gets up to the window and is pissed. Says to me, "You're going to be a smart ass". I say nothing in return. Second cop car pulls up. I'm now worried. 3rd cop car, WTF. Cops ask me to get out the car. I get out.

At this point the ONLY thing I can think of is that my insurance is due. But it is automatic against my credit card. Maybe the new chipped cards are out and my old card is no good...I'm just running thru everything.

I ask what is going on as nicely as pie. I am told to shut it and sit down. I do as I am told. I sit my fat ass on the curb. This shit is embarrassing as fuck because I am literally at work now. Everyone who I DON'T know at work is passing by and looking at me like "WTF I KNEW he was an evil man"!

Three of my co workers that sit in the same area pull over thank god to see what has happened! One of them is my best friend at work. I will honestly say this though. Never did I think these guys outside my bud would in any way stop to make sure I was OK. Thru all the BS going on I point over to these guys and say these fellas here know me...

This is where shit gets pissy for me. They ask TWO of the coworkers do they know me. Three are there standing next to each other. Both vouch telling them I am a Sr. IT engineer for this company right fuckin there. They ignore the third coworker.

By this time, traffic is backing up and everyone is just rubber necking. I am REALLY embarrassed at this point.

The original two cops go pow wow a little longer then come back to me and hand me back my license and registration. I am now livid. My buddy asks what was the issue. He is told they got a report of an incident in the area, and my car matched the description. I have not seen ONE orange fuckin challenger yet since I have owned the car. I am finally told by the cops in the 3rd car (who wasn't fuckin even there!!!) that I was pulled over because I didn't signal while exiting the rotary as I went into the right lane. I was IN the right lane! So even THAT was a lie. And you need 3 cruisers for that?

Anyway...I get in my car and bring my ass to work. My bud and coworkers know I am pissed, but we hit the cafe and talk anyway...I tell them everything that happened before they showed up...blah blah blah. Two of my coworkers see nothing wrong even though the reasons are different for pulling me over. The third guy, whom the cops ignored finally says to the others..."you guys do see why he was pulled over right"? He then points out how they were asked if they knew me, and he was not..."so what?" they pretty much say. They honestly can't see why I am angry.

That's pretty much it.

Now, am I being a black man angry at the world for nothing? Making something out of nothing? Let this go (not that I have a choice here really)...OR do I have a right to be upset.
Only time the cops have ever treated me that way was when (they claim) they had an armed robbery in the area by another guy on a sportbike. I've told this story before, they saw me at a gas station and full speed charged up and jumped out of the car with guns drawn and ordered me to the ground.

They didn't ticket you or search you or anything and you're upset? Sounds like a pretty painless police interaction to be honest.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

That's pretty much it.

No I don't think blacks are treated the same as whites. Your choice, stay pissed and let it ruin your weekend but realize that it's easier to just let it go because you can't fix stupid morons. Congrats though, we have a confirmed case of a black man who truly did not do anything
biggrin.png

I have also gotten treatment like that from cops in small towns or when I am out of state. No it isn't the same but I refuse to let fucking piss ants fuck my day up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't think we're treated equally.

I am not one bit surprised that you drive an orange car though!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No I don't think blacks are treated the same as whites. Your choice, stay pissed and let it ruin your weekend but realize that it's easier to just let it go because you can't fix stupid morons. Congrats though, we have a confirmed case of a black man who truly did not do anything
biggrin.png

I have also gotten treatment like that from cops in small towns or when I am out of state. No it isn't the same but I refuse to let fucking piss ants fuck my day up.
I agree with this.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The brothers love Challengers/Chargers. It's a fact.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Only time the cops have ever treated me that way was when (they claim) they had an armed robbery in the area by another guy on a sportbike. I've told this story before, they saw me at a gas station and full speed charged up and jumped out of the car with guns drawn and ordered me to the ground.

They didn't ticket you or search you or anything and you're upset? Sounds like a pretty painless police interaction to be honest.
That is the most frustrating thing. There was no real reason given. No ticket, no warning etc...It was painless except for where it took place. Plus telling me to get out the car. That never ends well if you don't get out.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The brothers love Challengers/Chargers. It's a fact.
I don't know if its racist or not to say in TX at least almost any Chrysler product you see is being driven by black folks. 300C's in particular.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
That is the most frustrating thing. There was no real reason given. No ticket, no warning etc...It was painless except for where it took place. Plus telling me to get out the car. That never ends well if you don't get out.
I mean since they didn't even give you a bullshit ticket, it seems more likely that their stated reason (report in the area, just wanted to check you out) is actually correct. When your ID checked out and they had no probable cause for anything, they let you go. You can make it racial if you want but there's no indication of that. It's akin to if a woman gets criticized and she's like "YOU WOULDNT SAY THAT TO A MAN" ... well, maybe I would and maybe I wouldn't, but you don't know that. And from what you're saying it doesn't seem like they really tried to shit on you. They could have cuffed you and let you lay face down in the grass while your co-workers went by, written you a ticket for failing to signal, said you assaulted one of them and then booked you. Try to look at the bright side.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Brahma has good taste in cars.

Anyway, get a dash cam with audio if your state allows one party recording. I've had a bunch of dumb things like that Brahms, maybe yours was because you are black, but 100% of my BS stops I was in a sports/muscle car. I've never been "profiled" in an suv but I definitely got pulled over once for driving in Walmart clothes in a brand new sportscar.

Then again, I may have had an afro at the time... Hmmm...