ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Vvoid - thanks for the vid, I'll look at it when I get home. Do you know if DW20 did a sorting system in S6 yet? Or was there one in S5 that would still be current?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Vvoid - thanks for the vid, I'll look at it when I get home. Do you know if DW20 did a sorting system in S6 yet? Or was there one in S5 that would still be current?
Yeah, he made an early game one already with Logistics Pipes, which has always been a favorite of mine. I was pretty disappointed when it disappeared for awhile. Obviously Applied Energistics is the ultimate shit, but trying to get one of those anytime early is rough going.

Season 6 is a really good series to watch from the beginning if you're just starting with the DW20 pack, because he goes into a lot of the stuff in quite a bit of detail instead of just flying through it like he tends to do on the Server Play series'.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Yall are giving me the itch again....
I think an FTB server could really be fun but the headache of getting all the crazy machines to not defile the land is scaring me off opening my server up. Kinda hoping Mcfly will man up again!

Yeah, he made an early game one already with Logistics Pipes, which has always been a favorite of mine. I was pretty disappointed when it disappeared for awhile. Obviously Applied Energistics is the ultimate shit, but trying to get one of those anytime early is rough going.

Season 6 is a really good series to watch from the beginning if you're just starting with the DW20 pack, because he goes into a lot of the stuff in quite a bit of detail instead of just flying through it like he tends to do on the Server Play series'.
I caught up some. I only like the clear pipes where you can see all your shit fly through. I guess you like Logistics because they work better? Can you expand on that?

--

Also what is up with Endermen? We've been playing on our server for a while now and we've seen two of them. Is there a decent way to get ender pearls/eyes we could look into?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been considering it for a few weeks now. I am looking into a modded server but I will be customizing it again. Will post here when I get it firmed up. That's what she said.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I think an FTB server could really be fun but the headache of getting all the crazy machines to not defile the land is scaring me off opening my server up. Kinda hoping Mcfly will man up again!
I'd play on an FTB server for awhile, until the inevitable drop-off at least.

Best way to prevent ruining our lands is making a Mystcraft age before anyone else even logs in, and putting books in a chest or a command to spawn them or something. Then simply outlaw any major mining operations other than by hand. As in, outlaw it by word of mouth, not any particular rule set (not sure that is really possible). If someone violates it, kick them off.

I caught up some. I only like the clear pipes where you can see all your shit fly through. I guess you like Logistics because they work better? Can you expand on that?
Eh, not necessarily that they work better, but it was the first sorting system I ever used. I like the concept of putting "SD cards" into the pipes to make them do different things, and even the auto-crafting system, while cumbersome, just makes sense to me. As I said, a good AE system is unbeatable, but barring massive amounts of resources, that isn't going to happen for awhile after someone gets started. The Thermal Expansion pipes have some cool capabilities, but they aren't anywhere near as complex as the other systems. The other system (I forget what it is called, it is the thinner piping system that you can't see anything going through, and you can make like 50 of the basic pipes in one crafting recipe...those are a bit much for me, and it tails nicely into your next comment, where tons of the more complex stuff requires ender pearls.

Also what is up with Endermen? We've been playing on our server for a while now and we've seen two of them. Is there a decent way to get ender pearls/eyes we could look into?
That's my #1 pet peeve with all these mods. Everyone and their fucking mother expects us to get to The End and be able to farm Endermen it seems. I realize some of the recipes that require them are pretty powerful (Ender chests/tanks for one), but seriously, anything good seems to take a fucking ender pearl. If you don't find a fortress, and whatever else is required to get to The End (never been there myself), you are stuck running around all fucking night hoping for Endermen. Unless you get super lucky with finding Ender Lily seeds in a dungeon chest of course, which I've never managed. Direwolf already found a few in like the first few episodes of Season 6, which makes a huge difference in what he's able to build. I'm lucky to have 3 at any given time it seems. Fuck ender pearls!

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Eh, it's not that hard to find a fortress. The only hard part is farming the 15-20ish pearls you'll need to locate the fortress and open the portal.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There's a way to locate a fortress? If that's true, I guess I am not only out of the loop, but I misspoke as well.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Ender Eyes. You right click while holding and they'll fly off in the direction of the fortress. After a short flight they drop to the ground and you can pick it up and click again. They will break after a few uses so you'll need a a few of them to get a triangulation on the fort. After that it's just a matter of finding the portal room and having enough ender pearls (Up to 12, it's random) to activate the portal.

Wiki link that explains it

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well shit. That changes things completely. Thanks for the info, I feel like an idiot for not knowing that.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Christ, I'm not sure which mod type I want to focus on. Hexxit looks like it's more what I'm interested in. I know people love the FTB stuff, but I'm not sure. Opinions?

Kais

<Gold Donor>
FTB or Direwolf pack imo. Setup a mystcraft age for linkbook room and digging/quarry then lock ages.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's a way to locate a fortress? If that's true, I guess I am not only out of the loop, but I misspoke as well.
They're also laid out in a grid in the netherworld and are fairly predictable, once you start looking into how the algorithm generates worlds the curtain falls and the exploration of Minecraft worlds aren't as fun =\

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
They're also laid out in a grid in the netherworld and are fairly predictable, once you start looking into how the algorithm generates worlds the curtain falls and the exploration of Minecraft worlds aren't as fun =\
Sorry, I meant stronghold, the one in the overworld with the portal to The End. Nether fortresses are pretty easy, I agree, you generally just have to go north or south from your location and you'll find one.

EDIT: And if a server were made, you can make custom packs with the FTB launcher if I remember correctly, so technically you could make a pack with only the mods you want in it, and then save it as a custom pack and give us the download code or whatever is involved. That way everyone would have the correct mods guaranteed.

Rime

<Donor>
Clearly, Galaxycraft or Hexxit would be the best.

Also, will be keeping an eye on this thread. While i have not been on the last few servers, I was there for most of the early servers and the 'itch' has returned. Will try and get my old tunnel rat friends (Jamoosh/BigBawls/CaptMike) to follow if I can.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I am a fan of magic type stuff like thaumcraft but not sure if there is a sorting system for that yet. Some of the tech stuff is really cool tho.