Rickshaw Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How do you want the HTTPS stapling to work?
Don't be obtuse(I know that's almost impossible for you). I'm talking about moderation decisions, not server/admin decisions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone can have a thread in the rickshaw. It's basically the trash can. If someone breaks the rules there, they get the punishment via the rules. So hard.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Should make it so that someone who is rickshawed cannot quote posts from outside the shaw to respond to.

Or, better yet, make it so the only sub forum they can see is the Shaw.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Don't be obtuse(I know that's almost impossible for you). I'm talking about moderation decisions, not server/admin decisions.
And I am saying that I had to make a ton of decisions to start this thing off and you guys can overrule every single one of them. Most of the decisions I made just weren't discussed because nobody knew one way or the other. Basically every rule after rule 4 were ones I made up and FORCED on you. Would you have been less unhappy if I did this on day 1?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The "discipline" aspect of a forum is most definitely in the realm of the admin. The admin needs to keep everyone safe.

The moderators decide if someone is violating the forum and then putting them into a discipline state.

If the discipline is fun or the place where it happens is just a playground ... what's the point?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not really unhappy now. The forum is leaps and bounds better than what we had(in every measurable way). I just feel this is fixing a problem that doesn't really exist.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What if a poster decided to use the rickshaw as their own personal Stormfront subforum that was immune to moderation?

Tanoomba doesn't want special treatment, he is getting special treatment with his own thread in the shaw. Let's honor Tanoomba's wishes and not let him get special privileges in the shaw.

This entire forum is already Stormfront-lite.

You guys have been in your alt-right bubble for so long that you forgot how the rest of society functions. Come visit us in the real world some time.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hey Soy, you let Tanoomba shit in the Gamergate thread for over a year. In your universe nothing is a problem, bro.

That's a problem.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Screenshots and the Rickshaw are identical except that you can't originate posts in the rickshaw because it is designed from day 1 to be a punishment zone. You can't edit in there either, same reason.

Give me one good reason why all those threads cannot be in screenshots?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Hey Soy, you let Tanoomba shit in the Gamergate thread for over a year. In your universe nothing is a problem, bro.

That's a problem.
I'll stick to my universe any day of the week.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I hope a_skeleton_03 Judge Dredd's this whole forum - Judge, Jury, Executioner all in one. The Rickshaw can be the Cursed Earth.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
There is no "tradition" of personal safe space threads in the rickshaw, don't kid yourself.

That entire section was as hands off as possible, up to and including individual threads. You just arbitrarily moving threads to the HOS so people can't post in them is pussy shit.

The "discipline" aspect of a forum is most definitely in the realm of the admin. The admin needs to keep everyone safe.

No.

Draegan was told more than a few times to STFU and just handle the tech stuff, and he just couldn't help himself. And now apparently neither can you.

IMHO this is all 100% Moderator stuff that you're intruding on. Also, your entire premise that you can just arbitrarily create rules out of thin air but then demand that we need to hold a vote to change them is pants on head retarded. I'd much prefer if you could just exhibit some self control and not create umpteen pointless rules. You're creating the kind of framework that will lead to Mods ignoring many of your rules simply because they're dumb rules.

I still kind of wonder if this is just a long troll and nothing more than a last gasp attempt at baiting people.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hope a_skeleton_03 Judge Dredd's this whole forum - Judge, Jury, Executioner all in one. The Rickshaw can be the Cursed Earth.

Seditious libel son, we never voted to not have it enforced. This autismotron duo are going to put their own personality twist on this place and it's gonna be great, believe me.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Except you're not.

You're trying to enforce your universe on us.
I have no power, so I'm not trying to enforce anything. I'm complaining about a change. That's all. You should be well versed in that stance. The fact that Tanoomba is punished(not sure how?) with this change is the only reason you're beating your dick over it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This is now how people in the rickshaw user group see the forum. Is this okay for me to do or do I need a vote on this also?

tanoomba.png

• 2Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have no power, so I'm not trying to enforce anything. I'm complaining about a change. That's all. You should be well versed in that stance. The fact that Tanoomba is punished(not sure how?) with this change is the only reason you're beating your dick over it.
Give me one good reason why all those threads cannot be in screenshots?

You haven't answered this question yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.