Rickshaw Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You haven't answered this question yet.
Because shaw'd people can't post in them in screenshots. Person gets shaw'd. Person can post in shaw. The rest of the zoo can go into the shaw and taunt them. This is our way. Moving the threads doesn't really seem to accomplish anything. I don't know.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
'Give me one good reason why you can't just leave it the way it was?'

Because the way it was is being abused by a toxic poster who seeks only to disrupt the community and create conflict in it, a troll poster who was given plenty of rope to hang himself with many times over, and has chosen every single time to make sure and do so with glee.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Because shaw'd people can't post in them in screenshots. Person gets shaw'd. Person can post in shaw. The rest of the zoo can go into the shaw and taunt them. This is our way. Moving the threads doesn't really seem to accomplish anything. I don't know.
So then if I can post whatever I want in my special personal thread in the rickshaw where is the "punishment"?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Because the way it was is being abused by a toxic poster who seeks only to disrupt the community and create conflict in it, a troll poster who was given plenty of rope to hang himself with many times over, and has chosen every single time to make sure and do so with glee.

You mean, he did this in a thread in the Rickshaw? Do you need your own safespace because Tanoomba's safespace triggered you somehow?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You mean, he did this in a thread in the Rickshaw? Do you need your own safespace because Tanoomba's safespace triggered you somehow?

Its funny that the only way you and Picasso and Soy, etc. can defend Tanoomba in this instance is by adopting Tanoomba's dishonest attempts to "make everyone equal all the time".

Sorry, your logical fallacy is false equivalency and also, butthurt. Lots of butthurt.

You fucking retards are so stupid. So fucking stupid. Like Tanoomba wasn't intentionally trying to get this exact sort of situation going when he walked into the Gamergate thread that day.

He is the single most disruptive, anti social, toxic poster in this community. He should have been banned by you fucking retards ages ago.

You only defend him because you are sadists who enjoy bullying him.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Defend Tanoomba? So is that what we're doing? So then this change is only in reaction to Tanoomba? Is that true @a_skeleton_03

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So then if I can post whatever I want in my special personal thread in the rickshaw where is the "punishment"?

You mean, besides not being able to participate in any thread outside of the Rickshaw and not being able to edit any of your posts while there? And not being able to shitpost in any non-Rickshaw threads for the duration?

This 'punishment' argument was also familiar to Draegan as well. Remember when he disabled everything in there? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Defend Tanoomba? So is that what we're doing? So then this change is only in reaction to Tanoomba? Is that true @a_skeleton_03

"Hey guys we're totally playing the exact role he wants us to play in the game he started when he began shitting in the Gamergate thread 3 days ago, but we're totally not defending him!"

Yes, you are. Spades are spades, and ducks are ducks and roses are roses.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

"The only freedom which counts is the freedom to do what some other people think to be wrong. There is no point in demanding
freedom to do that which all will applaud. All the so-called liberties or rights are things which have to be asserted against others who claim that if such things are to be allowed their own rights are infringed or their own liberties threatened. This is always true, even when we speak of the freedom to worship, of the right of free speech or association, or of public assembly. If we are to allow freedoms at all there will constantly be complaints that either the liberty itself or the way in which it is exercised is being abused, and, if it is a genuine freedom, these complaints will often be justified. There is no way of having a free society in which there is not abuse. Abuse is the very hallmark of liberty."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
"Hey guys we're totally playing the exact role he wants us to play in the game he started when he began shitting in the Gamergate thread 3 days ago, but we're totally not defending him!"

Yes, you are. Spades are spades, and ducks are ducks and roses are roses.
Ok, so we're just going to start changing shit around to punish Tanoomba instead of banning him? You don't find that utterly retarded? I'm not defending Tanoomba. He's only collaterally defended by me complaining about the change. He was only collaterally protected in the GamerGate thread by me being completely hands-off in the moderation there. It wasn't to protect him, but simply because I wasn't going to start shaw'ing people I was directly involved in arguing and shit-posting on.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Its funny that the only way you and Picasso and Soy, etc. can defend Tanoomba in this instance is by adopting Tanoomba's dishonest attempts to "make everyone equal all the time".

Sorry, your logical fallacy is false equivalency and also, butthurt. Lots of butthurt.

You fucking retards are so stupid. So fucking stupid. Like Tanoomba wasn't intentionally trying to get this exact sort of situation going when he walked into the Gamergate thread that day.

It's only about Tanoomba in this instance because a_skeleton_03 chose to act out. If you did the same thing with Mist's thread that would be equally as stupid and pointless. Or if @Mario Speedwagon had a thread and the same thing happened.

We aren't the ones hung up on Tanoomba, LOL

He should have been banned by you fucking retards ages ago.
But hodji...banning Tanoomba for that...would be an abuse of Mod powers. Are you saying that you'd willingly abuse your Mod powers if you were a Mod?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Nope not at all. If you remember I was one of the people who complained the worst about "victory laps" on RR.

I was a bit busy getting the site up and running and honestly did not expect anyone in RRP so soon because the moderators had claimed they were going to do as little moderation as possible. Then there were two people in RRP within a day.

One of them then says "well then I guess I will just start posting in here regularly" and I then decided what's the point of a rickshaw if it's just the default for some users. If we are going to make it where people have personal playgrounds in there why not just let everyone be able to create new threads?

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so we're just going to start changing shit around to punish Tanoomba instead of banning him?

Excuse me sir, I called for Tanoomba's banning ages ago.

You are the ones who made him sacrosanct and immune from banning. No one else.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You mean, besides not being able to participate in any thread outside of the Rickshaw and not being able to edit any of your posts while there? And not being able to shitpost in any non-Rickshaw threads for the duration?

This 'punishment' argument was also familiar to Draegan as well. Remember when he disabled everything in there? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
But that is what he and Mist enjoy ....

The Picasso thread only ascended to make it fair that nobody had a personal thread.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Excuse me sir, I called for Tanoomba's banning ages ago.

You are the ones who made him sacrosanct and immune from banning. No one else.
I wouldn't ban him here either, but I would ban him before I start changing rules of the entire forum just to somehow punish him. I don't feel he's done anything ban worthy, but you're already aware that my bar is pretty high for that. Too high? Perhaps.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I wouldn't ban him here either, but I would ban him before I start changing rules of the entire forum just to somehow punish him. I don't feel he's done anything ban worthy, but you're already aware that my bar is pretty high for that. Too high? Perhaps.
Once again we aren't "changing time honored traditions" just because your memory is shoddy. We are going back to our roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.