Rings of Power: Tolkien's Shambling Skinsuit

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I was wrong. Wiki says they have a season 3 coming out. You can start a streaming channel on YT to roast it and make Critical Drinker $$$ while hurting it.
8136dc13-58cd-4156-bd6a-08bc3c49b2b8_text.gif

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
So they already had sauron stripped of his powers cos "reasons" in the first season, then he gets his powers back kinda, but then he gets stripped of them again in the second season?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
SO they have Galadriel KNOWING who Sauron is. In the book the Lindon elves just were suspicious of who Annatar was. If the high elves knew for a fact it was Sauron they'd have sent a whole fucking army to warn everyone. Annatar fooling the Eridior elves only works if his identity is not known to anyone.

Maybe I'm old but seeing big black nubian guards in the high elf city just takes me out. And of course in EVERY group scene, no matter where it is, they have to sprinkle in at least one of each phenotype that exists on earth. I sear to god I saw an Inidan, a nubian, a russian, some Chinese, and a eskimo all in one HIGH ELF scene. So GD stupid.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

So they already had sauron stripped of his powers cos "reasons" in the first season, then he gets his powers back kinda, but then he gets stripped of them again in the second season?
If taking the first two episodes of season 2 in isolation, then applying DnD rules (sorta), my generous interpretation is that you can never trust what he says, he is the father of lies that is never stripped of power. While he can glamor lesser beings, it takes concentration (or limited by time), and so his "death" at the hands of the orcs is a requirement of a true shapechange spell. Then, he wants to better understand the races of middle-earth, in order to figure out the best way to control them and starts with humans, since they are the most numerous and easiest to control.

It doesn't solve most the shows problems, but it makes those first two episodes into tolerable fantasy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Ugh Galadriel is known as Commander Galadriel in season 2 again in the dialogue. Her character remains ever worse.
Does her nose look crooked to anyone else? It's like it pulls to the side as it comes down. There was a scene with her and the king that was really making it stick out to me.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
SO they have Galadriel KNOWING who Sauron is. In the book the Lindon elves just were suspicious of who Annatar was. If the high elves knew for a fact it was Sauron they'd have sent a whole fucking army to warn everyone. Annatar fooling the Eridior elves only works if his identity is not known to anyone.

Maybe I'm old but seeing big black nubian guards in the high elf city just takes me out. And of course in EVERY group scene, no matter where it is, they have to sprinkle in at least one of each phenotype that exists on earth. I sear to god I saw an Inidan, a nubian, a russian, some Chinese, and a eskimo all in one HIGH ELF scene. So GD stupid.
Nah bro a note is fine to warn a city against the worst enemy of your age. I'm sure it will get there just fine.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Nah bro a note is fine to warn a city against the worst enemy of your age. I'm sure it will get there just fine.

In the context of the show, it's been made pretty clear that Gil-Galad and the other Lindon elves kind of consider Galadriel to be obsessed with Sauron in her quest for revenge, and they didn't put much faith in her accusations since she was seeing Sauron everywhere. That was why they thought she should go back to Valinor in the first place. Her leaping off the ship and coming back to look for Sauron even harder just confirms that she's unhinged to most of them. That's why Elrond doesn't really trust her anymore, and she's certainly not in anyone's favor at the moment. Now that's not faithful to who Galadriel is in the books or how she would behave, but in the context of the show, it makes sense that they're not sending the entire army to Eregion based on the claims of Galadriel.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider

They are marshalling soldiers, discussing deployment strategy, and considering Sauron's last known location at the beginning of the second episode. Only nutso Galadriel really thinks Sauron might return to Eregion. Gil-Galad agrees to send the messenger ahead as a precaution, who can obviously travel faster than an army. The show isn't well thought out, but it's not hard to follow, either.

Not sure what this is referring to. Sauron only loses his powers if his physical body is killed, and that's happened in the show once so far.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I'm not saying it's logical or consistent in the larger Tolkien world, but the show seems to be implying that Maiar need some physical object to channel their powers. Not-Gandalf is looking for a staff and Sauron needs his rings (maybe the crown in the flashback as well). In any case, they're going about it stupidly.

The most disappointing thing is that there are nuggets of what could be good stories; origins and culture of orcs, origin of Mt Doom and Mordor, what's in Rhun and the east, pre downfall Numenor. All things that they would have near empty canvas for since there's very little canon. Instead they are purposefully fucking up known characters and events and timelines and it's not even clear to what end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
uh never watched this show because I could give two shits, but the ad I just watched on Amazon Prime featured an entirely white cast? could it be? Or was this just selective material to make me think this wasn't woke DEI garbage?

• 2Like

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
uh never watched this show because I could give two shits, but the ad I just watched on Amazon Prime featured an entirely white cast? could it be? Or was this just selective material to make me think this wasn't woke DEI garbage?

The queen of numenor, the dwarf queen, and legolas aka don lemonlas are all black. Mostly side characters but still pretty jarring visually. Any crowd shot of any community will be a mixed race rainbow coalition.

But that isn't even the main problem with the show. It's girlboss guyladriel who is such an annoying unrepentant cunt that most of the show is unwatchable. And not only is a she better warrior than any 10 men combined, she's also having a retarded daytime soap opera love affair with actual Satan. Even though she's married in the lore and the holiest of holy elf princesses.

Basically the whole show is like a bad BET daytime soap.

They did nix the mixed race romance between the black elf and the big titted white single slut mom.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
First 2 episodes were kinda tits. Then negrolas came and something isildur + blind bitch + homo the ring maker. And an eagle which didn't peck the eggs. Bah. Oh and spider bros can fuck right off.

• 2Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
But that isn't even the main problem with the show. It's girlboss guyladriel who is such an annoying unrepentant cunt that most of the show is unwatchable. And not only is a she better warrior than any 10 men combined, she's also having a retarded daytime soap opera love affair with actual Satan. Even though she's married in the lore and the holiest of holy elf princesses.

Galadriel possessing uncommon strength and agility to the extent that she is a match with the best "athletes" of her time is true to Tolkien. Her being an annoying, unrepentant cunt with an absentee husband is not.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
It's girlboss guyladriel who is such an annoying unrepentant cunt that most of the show is unwatchable. And not only is a she better warrior than any 10 men combined, she's also having a retarded daytime soap opera love affair with actual Satan. Even though she's married in the lore and the holiest of holy elf princesses.

Basically the whole show is like a bad BET daytime soap.

They did nix the mixed race romance between the black elf and the big titted white single slut mom.
so it's quite literally the exact same plot as House of the Dragon then? gotcha

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
so it's quite literally the exact same plot as House of the Dragon then? gotcha

Outside of Arya or Brienne, since when has any woman in game of thrones supposedly been as strong as even one man in combat? Neither one of those would last 1 second vs guyladriel. And house of the dragon doesn't have any she-women.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
dei_elves.png

astonaut elves, geronimo elves, street decorator elves, you name it we got it!

• 2Barf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I wasn't referring to physical strength. I suppose that's my fault for using literally ironically ie figuratively.

The main character is a girlboss annoying unrepentant cunt who is an IRL Tranny/non-binary/snowflake and inserts bullshit retarded daytime soap opera love affair with her lesbian concubine, and the whole show has been pervented into a lesbian love affair between two friends who became queens who became enemies who are secretly in love with one another even though they can never be together. Also she is married on the show as well.

Also House of the Dragon has literal she-women (IE MtF trannies) on the show with extended show times 10min+ including mud wrestling scenes they invented for the show to show off how diverse they are.

Are you saying Galadriel (guyladriel as you call it) is an actual IRL Tranny also?