Rings of Power: Tolkien's Shambling Skinsuit

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
My opinion on GoT is seasons 1-4 were amazing, 5-7 were still good but definitely trending downwards, S8 was the train wreck.
That sounds about what I remember. I mean how long ago was it concluded? It's been a while, maybe 2019. I would occasionally rewatch a previous season before the one that was about to air, just to kind of remind me of what had happened.

The first handful of seasons I remember pretty vividly, but then as you got further in, I just remember maybe scenes from specific episodes, or specific events, stuff like the attack on the wall.

I could not tell you how season 8 ended and who survived and who didn't. If it was Battlestar Galactica, I remember all of it.

I'll slowly work my way through it again between indie horror films.

It's still a shame that that fat fuck never finished the books, because if a new one was coming out I would typically re-read them, or at least the prior novel for picking up the new one. I'd have been very happy to have concluded that whole series from the author himself, but that fat HBO money can do things to a man, like unlimited hot wings.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm just screaming "Fuck off" at the screen now everytime they quote Lord of the Rings or plagiarise a scene from the movies. It's happening in most scenes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My opinion on GoT is seasons 1-4 were amazing, 5-7 were still good but definitely trending downwards, S8 was the train wreck.
I think yall taking such a soft stance on 6-7 is just because time has softened your memories and because everything seems better in the shadow of 8. Seasons 6 and 7 were mediocre at best, full of plotlines that were absolutely butchered after having been built up quite well in previous seasons. Do people not remember how unbelievably terrible the whole Arya and the Waif thing went? Littlefinger's abrupt swerve from brilliant mastermind into bumbling retard? Arya wiping out House Frey was a cool scene sure but the way we got there was completely retarded. Same with Littlefinger's execution, yeah it was great finally seeing that conniving bastard get his comeuppance but it only happened because he was written to be stupid beyond belief. The shit awful writing and choreography of the super hyped Tower of Joy scene?

I'd call 1-4 some of the most entertaining shit ever produced but shit was going wrong well before the disastrous final season.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
It's still a shame that that fat fuck never finished the books, because if a new one was coming out I would typically re-read them, or at least the prior novel for picking up the new one. I'd have been very happy to have concluded that whole series from the author himself, but that fat HBO money can do things to a man, like unlimited hot wings.
He was 63 when the last book came out, he's 76 now. It's obviously not getting finished.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I think yall taking such a soft stance on 6-7 is just because time has softened your memories and because everything seems better in the shadow of 8. Seasons 6 and 7 were mediocre at best, full of plotlines that were absolutely butchered after having been built up quite well in previous seasons. Do people not remember how unbelievably terrible the whole Arya and the Waif thing went? Littlefinger's abrupt swerve from brilliant mastermind into bumbling retard? Arya wiping out House Frey was a cool scene sure but the way we got there was completely retarded. Same with Littlefinger's execution, yeah it was great finally seeing that conniving bastard get his comeuppance but it only happened because he was written to be stupid beyond belief. The shit awful writing and choreography of the super hyped Tower of Joy scene?

I'd call 1-4 some of the most entertaining shit ever produced but shit was going wrong well before the disastrous final season.
I agree and also 6-7 were still coasting on the greatness of the earlier seasons and the hope that they would be better. I remember a lot of hokey shit from 6-7.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
He was 63 when the last book came out, he's 76 now. It's obviously not getting finished.
I've known that's the case since the various seasons were being aired. It is really a shame, but he lost all Good Will from his fans eons ago.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
It started going bad with the sand snakes. Not sure what season that was but they had the ugly one that was the leader, and the one with the nice tits that Bronn liked, but they were all terrible actresses. And their fight choreography looked like the template that Rangs of Power is trying to emulate.

The writing and main actors were still good though.

I wouldn't have minded too badly if they hadn't subverted expectations and basically wrote Jon Snow out of his heroes journey at the end of the fucking show. Fuck Arya. Goofy looking little cunt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I’m reading this thread and scrolling Reddit WHILE trying to watch the latest episode of this shit.

black Qweeen just dived into the ocean , don’t even care what happens

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Good news everyone, We got the First Interracial Hobbit Kiss now in the books !!

Celebrate Hobbit Diversity !

• 1Worf

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
I'm just screaming "Fuck off" at the screen now everytime they quote Lord of the Rings or plagiarise a scene from the movies. It's happening in most scenes.
Turn that into a drinking game and you'll be dead not just hoarse.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It started going bad with the sand snakes. Not sure what season that was but they had the ugly one that was the leader, and the one with the nice tits that Bronn liked, but they were all terrible actresses. And their fight choreography looked like the template that Rangs of Power is trying to emulate.

The writing and main actors were still good though.

I wouldn't have minded too badly if they hadn't subverted expectations and basically wrote Jon Snow out of his heroes journey at the end of the fucking show. Fuck Arya. Goofy looking little cunt.

This probably had a lot to do with the Jon Snow series being killed off. All the intrigue was written out of his character, and HBO couldn't really come up with anything to do justice to the Jon Snow story that people remembered prior to the character assassination of the finale.

• 1WTF

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This probably had a lot to do with the Jon Snow series being killed off. All the intrigue was written out of his character, and HBO couldn't really come up with anything to do justice to the Jon Snow story that people remembered prior to the character assassination of the finale.
What the hell was that supposed to be? I honestly do not know anything about it, read anything on the forums that that was something potentially in the works. That doesn't even make sense as to why they would do a spinoff just about him.