stolen from the FSR

elrondskull.jpg

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The trailer also had a bunch of dumb superhero action movie moves, like the guy catching the arrow with his hand and wire fu jumps. It's so incredibly tone deaf and disrespectful of the franchise.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
that might be what the budget is about. a lot of spending on MCU moves and CG.

capeshit coming to Middle Earth.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The trailer also had a bunch of dumb superhero action movie moves, like the guy catching the arrow with his hand and wire fu jumps. It's so incredibly tone deaf and disrespectful of the franchise.
Which is saying something since Jackson's movies had some stupid shit with Legolas.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah yes, I remember the nerd rage when Legolas rode a shield like a skateboard for 3 seconds.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it's about as stupid as Rouge One. they take some obscure brief reference from old glory source material and expand on it to make a movie which turns out to be shit.

Oddly, I thought Rogue One was the only recent Star Wars movie worth a damn.

• 13Like
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 15 users

spronk

FPS noob
thats Bakshi's Lord of the Rings, right? I never watched it, downloaded it and Rankin/Bass's 1977 Hobbit movie which I think have nothing to do with each other? The whole thing is fucking weird

Rankin/Bass releases The Hobbit (animated) in 1977
United Artists releases Lord of the Rings by Bakshi (animated) in 1978
Bakshi/UA part ways
Rankin/Bass release Return Of the King (animated), a fucking MUSICAL, only on TV in 1980

3 movies, nothing to do with each other, lol

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The music in Rankin/Bass Hobbit and Lord of the Rings is fantastic. I fucking love Where There's a Whip There's a Way.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The music in Rankin/Bass Hobbit and Lord of the Rings is fantastic. I fucking love Where There's a Whip There's a Way.
"Goblin Town" is pretty fucking sweet. in Return of the King, they have another cool song too. i forget the name. everyone loves their version of Hobbit, but hardly anyone talks about their version of RotK. i saw both as a kid and it was nice seeing what i read in the books come to life on the TV.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

jesus 257m views in 24 hours? wtf

you can see why amazon paid $1b for 2 seasons though, this is gonna drive a ton of Amazon Prime subs when it drops. Outside of Marvel, Harry Potter, and Star Wars there really isn't any other IP that can attract so much interest so fast.

Kinda makes me wonder about Top Gear (Grand Tour), while those 3 are definitely popular i wonder how many new subs it really drove to AP when they bought the trio.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard