Rings of Power: Tolkien's Shambling Skinsuit

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
And it's all done apurpose. They rape your heritage and laugh in your face while they do it.
I wonder what this era of history will look like later, if people will want to watch these shows/movies or if they will be like 70's shows/movies/music... and aside from theme parties we don't talk about those.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I wonder what this era of history will look like later, if people will want to watch these shows/movies or if they will be like 70's shows/movies/music... and aside from theme parties we don't talk about those.
Depends on who wins.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Wat... the 70s had many influential movies and a few TV show.

To name a few:
The Godfather
Taxi Driver
Chinatown
One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest
Jaws
A Clockwork Orange
Animal House
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
Rocky
The Sting
Deliverance
Superman
Smokey and the Bandit
MASH (Movie and TV)

Monty Python
All in the Family
This Old House
Saturday Night Live (one of the few time periods that had more good sketches than bad)

As for music, maybe if all you listen to is rap or some shit, but modern rock and metal wouldn't exist without the bands of the 70s. There are just as many great bands from the 70s as the 80s or 90s.

• 1Like

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Wat... the 70s had many influential movies and a few TV show. Modern rock and metal wouldn't exist without the bands of the 70s.

To name a few:
The Godfather
Taxi Driver
Chinatown
Jaws
A Clockwork Orange
Animal House
Rocky
The Sting
Deliverance
Superman
Smokey and the Bandit
MASH (Movie and TV)

Monty Python
All in the Family
This Old House
Saturday Night Live (one of the few time periods that had more good sketches than bad)
With the exception of the Godfather and maybe Jaws, have you gone back and tried to watch any of those? They're cheesy bullshit bordering on campy.

60's movies are also paced very poorly and lots of dead air, but they seem to be way less cheesy than 70's movies. 80's movies seem to hold up a lot better for whatever reason.

Don't even get me started on 70's clothes or decor.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
With the exception of the Godfather and maybe Jaws, have you gone back and tried to watch any of those? They're cheesy bullshit bordering on campy.

60's movies are also paced very poorly and lots of dead air, but they seem to be way less cheesy than 70's movies. 80's movies seem to hold up a lot better for whatever reason.

recently watched rocky and chinatown for example, yeah they feel kind of slow but only because movies today are overpacked with action. Older movies like these or older stuff like 2001 or ben hur, have a lot of scenes only focusing on environments and spanning to provide feeling. They have some off beat scenes but are still solid. Other 70s: star wars, alien… still hold up really well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

I have rewatched a bunch of 70s movies, semi recently, and they were just as entertaining. There are plenty of high rated 70s movies that I didn't like, but I doubt, if totaled up, that the 70s would be any worse than the 50s, 60s, 80s, 90s, and 2000s.

Movies I have watched/rewatched in the last 10 years that were still good:
MASH
Chinatown
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Sting
Alien
Marathon Man
Patton
Life of Brian
The Man Who Would Be King
Young Frankenstein
Blazing Saddles
The Poseidon Adventure
Kelly's Heroes
Jeremiah Johnson
The Shootist (one of John Wayne's best movies)
Force 10 from Navarone

There are probably more but I would need to look through an more exhaustive list and try to remember when I last watched them (and confirm they were from the 70s). There are other moves I have watched multiple times, from the 70s, just not in the last 10 years.

TV shows are more difficult to compare due to Hollywood brining movie production to premium cable channels when HBO changed the paradigm of the small screen. I watched Monty Python on Netflix recently, it was still entertaining, but I don't generally rewatch any TV shows from before the Sopranos era.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
what doesnt bug you? the misplaced casting, the crappy CG or the raping of Tolkien's canon?
All of that doesn’t bother me. This doesn’t have to be canon to me. It’s just some shit to watch with traditional fantasy in it versus making me fucking learn why magic is different in some fucking teenage girls world, or how some handsome biracial kid is the chosen one and it’s the elves fault no one likes his clan.

Its classic Tolkien setting shit for me to watch. It doesn’t have to stand out with it’s weird world like new fantasy does and I can just enjoy that.

• 1Worf

Masakari

Which way, western man?
<Gold Donor>
Ask one of the woke faggots if Tolkien was a racist for not including enough blacks in his works. Then ask why they are embracing the work if he's a racist.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Star wars, anything Mel Brooks or Clint Eastwood?
of course Star Wars, next biggest is either Rocky or Godfather. Jaws is fading into memory along with close encounters and most others mentioned. thats not really a bad thing. after 45 years its time to invent new good things instead of leeching off the old good things.

• 2Like

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Ask one of the woke faggots if Tolkien was a racist for not including enough blacks in his works. Then ask why they are embracing the work if he's a racist.
I already told you.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Wat... the 70s had many influential movies and a few TV show.

To name a few:
The Godfather
Taxi Driver
Chinatown
Jaws
A Clockwork Orange
Animal House
Rocky
The Sting
Deliverance
Superman
Smokey and the Bandit
MASH (Movie and TV)

Monty Python
All in the Family
This Old House

As for music, maybe if all you listen to is rap or some shit, but modern rock and metal wouldn't exist without the bands of the 70s. There are just as many great bands from the 70s as the 80s or 90s.

Arcane will be more influential in 20 years than this heap.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users