SimCity

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Sewage just builds but because nobody goes outside, nobody gives a shit. You just occasionally bulldoze buildings to make room for more high density residential and it takes care of most things.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Wow, devs need to read that thread on reddit and realize everything they did wrong. Could have made that city with like 20 arcologies...

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im pretty sure they have an outstanding amount of data on everything that they did wrong, already. Whether they care or not is the first question that comes to mind. Second question is did they know during development and finally are they going to do anything about it? Im not buying this game till some major changes are made - So they still have some profit to be made from the crowd like me.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
If I had to guess I'd say they are doing high fives and giving each other reach arounds in the board room as they tout the high sales. Saying things like "Every game has a vocal minority of critics. Look at our sales numbers! We need more games like this one! Keep doing what you're doing!"

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The problem is you're dealing with Devs that are really snotty. You thought some of the indie guys around here were full of themselves, hah! Nothing worse than the new breed of Maxis or any of those teams involved with games like the Sims 3, etc. Those guys think they're Tarzan's mother.

There's nothing special or complex about this Glassbox garbage. Way more complexity and "simulation" going on in games like Tropico, the Anno series, even The Guild had more "simulations" going on than this. Yet these guys are paid x50 more than the indie devs that made the aforementioned games.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I am confused, it is just a weird bug/glitch with 0% tax rate? If you put tax rate @ 1% does the whole thing come crashing down or continue to sustain itself?

I mean the entire thing shouldn't even be possible with no water/power/sewage.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I am confused, it is just a weird bug/glitch with 0% tax rate? If you put tax rate @ 1% does the whole thing come crashing down or continue to sustain itself?

I mean the entire thing shouldn't even be possible with no water/power/sewage.
Really, this is enabled by a bug moreso than a bad simulation, though it is enabled by the bad simulation. In order to do it you need to have 0% tax rate before you lay any residential zones. Basically if you laid down a single commercial or industrial or even a park or anything the entire house of cards would collapse.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
I've decided to never buy this game unless they come out with a full apology to the video gaming world and announce they are going to rebuild the game and re-release. I should have done the same thing with Diablo 3, but I actually gave them a second chance a few months ago (and I made mistake of buying the game which I didn't fall for with SimCity), that was a mistake game was fun again for about a week.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
FREE DLC!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/02/si...c-nissan-leaf/

That is basically a giant nissan logo for your city. EA sure is great...

SimCity-Nissan-Leaf.gif

sebur

Bronze Squire
I've decided to never buy this game unless they come out with a full apology to the video gaming world and announce they are going to rebuild the game and re-release. I should have done the same thing with Diablo 3, but I actually gave them a second chance a few months ago (and I made mistake of buying the game which I didn't fall for with SimCity), that was a mistake game was fun again for about a week.
Even if I was them I wouldn't apologize to the extent you want. So I guess you will never buy it. Ah well, to each his own I suppose.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
After not having played the game since launch week, I tried the game out again a couple days ago, thought I would check to see if there were any major patches or changes.

Nope.

I ended up building a city that was 100% residential with no services other than power and water(no police, no fire, no education, etc). It ended up being the biggest city I ever had, like 450,000 population within a couple hours, even though they had zero commercial, zero residential, no waste management, etc. Then for the hell of it I bulldozed all the power plants and water pumps, and the city just kept growing anyways, got up a little over 500K population before I quit. Fires burned homes down like mad, but I'd just bulldoze, and they'd rebuild, even with no power and no water. All of this was without doing the zero taxes glitch. I had taxes all the way to pay for building my roads.

So basically, there is zero AI in the game. Awesome.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After not having played the game since launch week, I tried the game out again a couple days ago, thought I would check to see if there were any major patches or changes.

Nope.

I ended up building a city that was 100% residential with no services other than power and water(no police, no fire, no education, etc). It ended up being the biggest city I ever had, like 450,000 population within a couple hours, even though they had zero commercial, zero residential, no waste management, etc. Then for the hell of it I bulldozed all the power plants and water pumps, and the city just kept growing anyways, got up a little over 500K population before I quit. Fires burned homes down like mad, but I'd just bulldoze, and they'd rebuild, even with no power and no water. All of this was without doing the zero taxes glitch. I had taxes all the way to pay for building my roads.

So basically, there is zero AI in the game. Awesome.
Fires actually help the game work better. It's sort of like a forest in that part of the forest needs to burn down every so often in order for it to grow.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
@Nissan DLC

It seems like it's out of balance with what's currently available, but that's the only issue I have with it.