SimCity

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't be surprised if there's never another simcity done by Maxis. Unless Maxis changes dramatically.
Sadly, you're probably right. Toss SimCity into the dead Sim collection with SimEarth, SimAnt, SimTown, SimTower, SimLife, etc. Maxis will now just eternally churn out The Sims 4, 5, 6, and their dozens upon dozens of expansion packs/DLC that appeal to girls ages 9-14.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Assuming that executives are dumb enough to only care about week one box sales, yes. But they care a ton about DLC sales throughout the lifetime of the game, which I can only assume are shit.
Yeah, this was definitely intended to be a game with long-term ambitions in the same vein of The Sims. They may be able to brag about this being the best-selling Sim City game, but that was obviously a secondary goal to being able to continue to milk it for years to come through $30-40 expansions every 6 months and various $10-15 DLC between. Spore was likely to be the same thing, but the similar problem arose in that when you don't launch with a strong foundation, people aren't going to stick around to pay you for improvements later.

caesium

Molten Core Raider
so does this still suck? and if so are there any decent city sim type games released this decade worth a shit?

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Update 7 Changes Currently in Testing

?New: Brand new tool to create bridges, overpasses, and tunnels when you draw your roads.

When building your road, pressing the , key or . key will lower or raise the road accordingly creating overpasses, bridges and tunnels.

Note: Existing road layouts cannot be raised or lowered
?New: Improvements for Traffic behavior to make it smarter. This should reduce the number of lines formed by all available vehicles converging on a single spot. This affects all vehicles including Police, Fire Trucks, Moving Trucks, Garbage Trucks, Recycling Trucks, Resource Trucks, Buses, Ambulances, and Civilian vehicles going home, to work, or shopping.

?New: Tree tools ? Place individual trees around your city. These tools are located at the end of the Nature Parks palette.

?Terrain: Fixes an issue some player?s see where terrain covers sections of roads while the camera is zoomed out.

?Fixed an issue where the fire animation would sometimes continue when fire was extinguished.

?Parks: Sports parks are now accepting Sims 24 hours a day.

?Airship: The number of Airship passenger trips should now be correct over multiple days.

?Vehicles: Vehicles now accelerate and decelerate faster, allowing them to leave buildings and go through intersections more efficiently.

?Freight: Freight trucks now only leave factories if they have a valid delivery destination.

?Gifting: Money gifting should be more reliable

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I can only hope this will be the case....
Your hopes will be dashed. I mean fuck, I was just at a Future Shop (Best Buy) the other day and I'm not even exaggerating when I say that the Sims section of their PC game aisle was about a third of the entire fucking thing. SimCity is gone guys. It's time to let it go.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The bridges/tunnels option looks pretty cool, anyway. You can make almost full underground street systems I bet.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
The big drawback is there's no over/underground intersections, which means no highway ramps etc. Still a big improvement though.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
...a subway system that carries trade goods!

The up/down road stuff will probably get me to log back in and tinker a little.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just wish I could have all my trade goods going through my Port. I hated having that thing barely being used while the on-ramp to my city was fucking clogged with delivery trucks 24/7.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Glad to hear they have learned absolutely nothing from the original launch disaster, makes for easier purchasing decisions in the future.