Sleepy Hollow

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I like breaking bad, arrow, game of thrones, elementary, top gear, luther, dr who and sherlock. Which one of those is dogshit? Tell me what that makes my average burnem?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
lol, whenever I see some supernatural thing that seems like it "can't be hurt by mundane weapons!", I always think of this Robot Chicken skit. The whole time I was watching the Headless Horseman I was thinking of this.

Overall? Show seems decent, had to stop 15 minutes before the end (Going to watch the rest tonight). Black chick and Crane are decent actors; was sad the guy from Carnival/Shawshank bit it, I really like him. The dialogue has been okay--but some of the exposition has been pretty ham fisted (Like her wanting to explain what happened to her as a little girl.)...Overall, the show has potential. As long as it doesn't go full retard, I think it will be good. But I'm a sucker for "supernatural" in the modern day stories--I love Supernatural vs Technology stuff, and I know this show won't go that way, but any mixture of it is great in my opinion. (Was kind of "wtf" though at the window scene--they show him enthralled with the window--but completely ambivalent about moving 2-3 times faster than he ever could have back in his time--but that's just me being anal about man out of time stories, because I really like them, especially as an extension of magic vs technology.)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
lol, whenever I see some supernatural thing that seems like it "can't be hurt by mundane weapons!", I always think of this Robot Chicken skit. The whole time I was watching the Headless Horseman I was thinking of this.

Haha. Up to the snorting it and shitting it part, that's a pretty good representation of the Monster Hunter books by Larry Correia (which I love).

I gave this show a shot, and I liked it decently enough. The news that John Noble will be joining is just more incentive to keep watching now, as I had already decided it was good enough to stay on my viewing list for awhile. I'm also a sucker for anything supernatural, particularly Revelations shit, so there's pretty much no way I wouldn't keep watching after finding out that's what it is about. Here's hoping it is awesome and really does last for 7 years!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is this program produced by Kraft and Velveeta studios? second episode was cheesetastic. the CGI fireball had me on the floor. oh man, no wonder nobody bumped this thread. this show is hilarious.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The second episode really reminded me of the first season of Supernatural. It's almost exactly the same formula:

Episode bad guy appears -> Claims first victim, which tips off the heroes -> heroes start doing research -> second victim targeted by bad guy, but you know the heroes will save him/her -> heroes finish research just in time to save second victim -> final showdown with cheesy special effects.

That describes most of the "filler" Supernatural episodes and it looks like they're taking the same approach here. Nonetheless I enjoyed it.

I think the biggest challenge will be to get through the filler episodes, because the over-arcing story of the 4 horsemen and the two opposing witch covens is pretty cool, in my opinion.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this episode made my astrocreep come out.

spoilered for nitpicking overload
why did sandman wait ten years to kill the dude that saw the demon, right as black chick and ichabod are on their way to see him? when dude shot at it, who called the cops? they are clearly out in the country and shots fired wouldnt be that uncommon. why would the crazy sister say yes to talking to ichabod? did the name intrigue her? why when the cop sister said she did not see the demon in the flashback, the cops drag the crazy sister away like she was fucking crazy? if the cop sister said "sure i saw a demon" would they have let the crazy sister stay in the room and the cops would have put out an APB on a cloven hoofed perp? why does the shaman used car salesman have a bottle of dream mix and scorpions all ready to go? why did they need to take their shirts off? when the scorpions stung them, their tails did not even move. what was sandman doing all this time? just chilling out somewhere til headless horseman woke up and then said, "hey sandy ole pal, lets party!"? why does ichabod have to spew self righteous bullshit about how liberal and free thinking he is. i love black people, i love the indians, we had powwows together. often! finally, why would a high security mental ward have a giant air duct system above the inmates and its easily accessible by simply lifting a ceiling panel?

all that aside, i still like the characters and the monsters are well done. it also has a decent body count. ill keep watching for a bit.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Picked up for a second season:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sleep...33276500084320

The series premiere of SLEEPY HOLLOW earned a 5.0/13 rating among Adults 18-49 and drew 13.6 million viewers after three additional days of time-shifted viewing, making it FOX's most successful fall drama premiere since the debut of "24" in November 2001. In fact, with its encore, post-three-day playback on DVR and VOD, and its streaming onFOXandHulu, the series premiere of SLEEPY HOLLOW has already drawn an audience of more than 22 million. In Week Three, SLEEPY HOLLOW showed increasing retention, delivering a 3.0/8 rating and holding 97% of the prior week's Adults 18-49 delivery.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sure you can nitpick a show like this apart, but overall its been pretty entertaining thus far.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Yeah it's a stop down for me on Monday nights.

Glad it's being given a chance to grow.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'm giving this a chance, mainly because I am out of things to watch currently. Hope they get away from 'monster-of-the-week' and more into some longer story arcs, but since it is network TV I doubt they will stray far from the formula.

McCheese

I'm losing interest in this show. It's far too formulaic, even for network television.

McCheese

Am I the only one who hasn't given up on this yet? The second episode was pretty bad, but the past couple have been much better, in my opinion. It's still typical predictable, network fare, but I'm really digging the historical and biblical aspects of it. The flashbacks to the Boston Teaparty, for example, were pretty cool, and I'm pleased that they're starting to bring the other horsemen into the show.

I also can't believe that Katrina is the same actress who played the Ukrainian stripper in Dexter a year or so ago. She's looking pretty rough (comparatively) since then. I didn't even realize until this most recent episode. Maybe it's just makeup.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Am I the only one who hasn't given up on this yet? The second episode was pretty bad, but the past couple have been much better, in my opinion. It's still typical predictable, network fare, but I'm really digging the historical and biblical aspects of it.
Only people I know that are watching it are chicks, and its because they like shipping the lead guy with all the women on the show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im still watching, its not good but its not offensively bad. i can still tune in. though i dunno for how long, i keep forgetting that its on. eventually a few weeks will go by and i probably wont bother to catch up and then that will be that.