Smartphones

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So tempted to order one now and just activate it on a non contract carrier somewhere, then just give my daughter my phone for now.

Cor_sl

shitlord
I decided to pass. I could probably sell my Nexus 4 for ?150, meaning the 5 would cost me ?150, but the lacklustre camera impressions put me off.

Enjoy the phone, folks. I hope it delivers.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I kind of want to buy one, even though there's zero reason to replace my Nexus 4 at this point.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
meh, all of the differences/improvements are fairly marginal though, not enough to justify upgrading IMO. But, maybe you're right....

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Better camera, better battery, better processor, better screen, LTE support good enough reasons?
Outside the LTE support (which can be enabled on the 4 if you know what you are doing) all of the other things you listed are "good enough" for me. Yes the N5 is better, but not enough to warrant the cost. I'll hold out for either a discounted N5 or the N6? or whatever the next one is.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
My crappy htc phone just gave me the white screen of death. Can't hard reset it or anything =/. Looks like I am in the market for a new phone now.

Just how exactly do you go about activating the Google nexus with a different carrier? Don't most carriers these days only sell phones that they activate?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
My crappy htc phone just gave me the white screen of death. Can't hard reset it or anything =/. Looks like I am in the market for a new phone now.

Just how exactly do you go about activating the Google nexus with a different carrier? Don't most carriers these days only sell phones that they activate?
The Nexus 5 comes unlocked when brought from Google Play hence the price. Just stick your existing sim card into the phone and it will work straight away (apart from Verizon obviously)

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Got 16GB black as soon as it appeared. Getting mine the first round this time. Selling the N4 to make up some money. I really like the N4, but the glass back and the shitty speaker placement (can't hear it ring on highest settings when laid flat on its back) was enough to get me to try the N5.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The N5 might have the same speaker problems!! Debating whether I should wait on a good review and discounted price, or see if I can get out of my VZW contract early and pay the higher phone cost. Anyone know when the N4 was discounted to $200?

Oh, it was also rumored that the higher priced one would come with a bigger battery. I'm guessing that's not the case based on both having the same thickness? Can't find battery info on this page anywhere.

Nevermind...spec info was tabbed off the page somehow.