Split (2017)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dont read spoilers on this movie. Not sure its worth $15 ticket but it was good.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Remember how deceiving this trailer was? At first you are thinking oh shit this movie could be badass, then you get buttfucked by shamaladingdong. #Never again. Never pay for this hack cunt to make movies.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He's made some real terribly insulting films. This, very honestly, isn't one of them. Having his name in front of the movie really hurts the marketing of an otherwise genuinely good film. It's not perfect, it's got the typically slow pacing of an m. Night film, but outside of she quirky moments I really liked it

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You have to go into The Happening ready and looking forward to how utterly and completely awful the character reactions and interactions are. Ignore all of the plot and just laugh your ass off at Marky Mark being a science teacher and go from there.

Caliane

what?! nooo.

This happening, is happening.

yeah, the Happening is without question one of the greatest unintentional comedies of our time.
The Wickerman, The Room, The happening, Troll 2.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You have to go into The Happening ready and looking forward to how utterly and completely awful the character reactions and interactions are. Ignore all of the plot and just laugh your ass off at Marky Mark being a science teacher and go from there.

Only movie in my life that I've got up and walked out of the theatre as soon as "the bushes are killing us". Nope nope nope.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I really didn't plan on seeing this at all, but everyone I've spoken to said it's actually good. Can't believe I'm contemplating giving this dude money again.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember how deceiving this trailer was? At first you are thinking oh shit this movie could be badass, then you get buttfucked by shamaladingdong. #Never again. Never pay for this hack cunt to make movies.

I saw this movie in a theater full of black people. Only reason it was worth it.

Homsar

Spoilers regarding sequel rumors
Mcavoy is definitely down for the sequel and Willis is in talks for the Unbreakable crossover

Homsar

I cant take anything the guy says serious, I get the feeling hes milking this shit since it grossing a ton of money. It cost 10 million to make and it made $40 million opening weekend

James McAvoy's Split Character Was in Original Unbreakable Script
"This character, Kevin from Split, was in the original script of Unbreakable. The original draft of Unbreakable focused on David Dunn and Elijah as his mentor. Elijah tells him, “You’re a comic book character, go try it.” And instead of bumping into the Orange Suit Man, David bumps into one of Kevin’s personalities and goes to save the girls. So you’d have been watching the girls side of it the whole time. That was the outline."

"Some of the Kevin Wendell Crumb [James McAvoy’s character in Split] scenes were already completely written, all the way back then. One of the “Patricia” scenes, the Hedwig introduction scene, those were written over 15 years ago. I have them written by hand in my notebooks."

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I chose this over Patriot Day because I grew up in the 508 and Marky Mark is a terrible representation of Eastern Massachusetts, and I made a mistake. I have anxiety and usually I can skate through a horror/thriller movie no problem. This was not one of them.

Homsar

I chose this over Patriot Day because I grew up in the 508 and Marky Mark is a terrible representation of Eastern Massachusetts, and I made a mistake. I have anxiety and usually I can skate through a horror/thriller movie no problem. This was not one of them.

Mcavoy is one of my favorite actors and he kills it in this movie, he handled this role like Christian Bale did in American Psycho

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
best part is that he's said several times that he had little to no time to actually prepare for the role because he came in so late. he jokingly (or seriously) says he took 2 minutes to prepare each of the 9 characters he portrayed. some of those characters are only on screen for a minute tops, so that's not a big deal, but barry, dennis, hedwig and patricia all had significant screen time that all FELT distinctively different.

there's even a scene when the therapist is talking to dennis but he's trying to convince her it's barry where you can SEE dennis coming out. little moments popping out here and there where it's clear this isn't barry, it's dennis' impression of barry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

The way they are talking it sounds like they already have the sequel green lit and planning on a showdown. Not sure how I feel about it but it could create a pretty unique story/world