Star Wars: Outlaws

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game is nowhere near as shitty as it could have been. By Ubisoft standards it's almost good.

that said don't buy it lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Reviewer was showing the massive graphical upgrade from ubi game from 6 years ago:

View attachment 543396
The cloth is much better looking in this game than most games. Costumes look great, alien faces look pretty good.

But the human faces are shit.

Why can't someone have an engine than does both?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PS5 users will have to delete their existing saves and start a new one due to recent patches
ebnus5pon9ld1.png

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
DF's console tech analysis

didn't watch yet but i read the game renders at 720p and then upscales and applies FSR to sharpen it up, wonder if thats one of the reasons why face models look so bad in Ubi games.

I'll play some day when the game is $10 but i wonder now if its better to play on PC, assuming it renders natively on that platform. Other option would be playing on 40 fps on PS5 with a VRR (OLED) TV, seems slightly better than performance mode.

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>
I was going to say, people should just wait until it hits Game Pass like Jedi:Survivor, but I keep forgetting that it was made by UbiSoft instead of EA.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was going to say, people should just wait until it hits Game Pass like Jedi:Survivor, but I keep forgetting that it was made by UbiSoft instead of EA.

Ubisoft has their own version. You can still pay $15 or whatever and play for a month. That's what I did with Valhalla. So glad I didn't spend $60 on that garbage. I wish I could get my $15 back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
DF's console tech analysis
I find it hilarious that they made a "cinematic" 21:9 mode for consoles and somehow went full retard by having it be vert- garbage yet also worse fps despite a huge chunk of the screen just being black bars.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Pretty sure that is what all of us playing are doing.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems the people paying for early access have to restart their progress due to some game breaking bugs?

This game looks decent at first glance but the gameplay looks pretty bad.

spronk

FPS noob
ubisoft story DLCs tend to be pretty good and very large, I thought AC Odyssey and Valhalla's DLCs were better than the main game. So I'd rather just wait 6 months, buy the ultimate edition of the game for basically 2 months "cost" of ubi+, own it forever, and slowly take my time playing through the main game and DLC without being in a rush. Plus all the usual bugs are long fixed by then.

still, if you do sub to ubi+ i'd recommend Prince of Persia Lost Crown, I bought that a few months ago when it was $15 and 100%'d it and really enjoyed it. Not much story but the level design and gameplay loop was very satisfying.

its cool to see this heavily uses ray tracing, be interesting to see technical videos comparing the PC version to consoles when it comes to visuals especially with/without AA.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
If they just updated and expanded black flag they'd be sailing seas of money.

The gaming industry should get government money, for employing retards, autists, tokens, and retarded token autists.

• 1Truth!

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Plenty of Ubisoft games on game pass.

The way this one is going, it won't be long before it's on there. They need to boost player numbers.

Still won't play it myself.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
This is just not a good game. I bought the Ubi+ sub for a month to try it out alongside a few other games and stopped playing after a few hours. I realized I would rather be doing literally anything.

What shocked me most was just how bad the stealth mechanics are. I mean, ffs, this is Ubisoft - they've been making the same games for years and they STILL can't pull of a mechanically sound and not boring implementation of stealth? Wtf? Within the first two encounters I was getting discovered and shot through walls.

The environments are neat but the human models, especially the face rigs, are atrocious - deep in the uncanny valley. I keep getting distracted by all the weird facial tics and glancing eyes and gaping mouths. It is just weird, made worse by the fact that the environments do look so good.

Add in a MC and a story I couldn't care less about and I noped out and uninstalled.

Time to mine the rest of the sub before canceling.

I wouldn't play this game if it were free. There are just so many better games out there.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I tink this is the same studio that made the Division games, right? I mean if so, WTF happened, Division games were pretty tight. Not perfect by any means, but definitely an 8/10.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tink this is the same studio that made the Division games, right? I mean if so, WTF happened, Division games were pretty tight. Not perfect by any means, but definitely an 8/10.

It seems they went full on woke. The black samurai probably wasn't their only diversity hire. They probably shit canned 75% of their straight white male coders too.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

Heh... division games had it's share problems when they released, both games, same problems like they never learned the lessons from the first one. The loot had to be overhauled like 3 times in 2 years. As much as I'd like to look forward to division 3, I can't with this studio. Oh and this is the same studio that somehow broke their patch delivery system while deploying a patch.

If this game was mostly about stealth, why didn't they give it to one of the AC studios instead...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I’m not saying division games were perfect my bro, but they were good for what they were.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All they had to do is make a Star Wars themed Division and it would have sold like gold. Thats what I thought they were making when I heard this studio making a sw game. Sort of like a Battlefront game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like