Star Wars Rebels

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Another 30 heists like that one and they can take on one Star Destroyer.

I just assume this "humble" (pathetic) rebellion gets a major boost at some point before ANH. (although I guess blowing up the death star was the catalyst?)
Yeah I mean, in ANH they dont really show much in the way of a fleet, I would assume after the first DS gets popped a lot more systems realize they have a chance and defect, hence why we get the mon calamari and other races joining in Ep2/3. I hope we get a better glimpse of the rebel forces in Rogue One.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean OTOH,secretbattle station gets blown up and then the rebels go around making incredulous stories up to get support because no one knew about it and only a handful of pilots survived? lol

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Heh still, she's supposed to be Ezra's age. She doesn't sound enough like a teenaged bitchy twat..
Think of Carrie Fisher's voice in ANH then remember that the show is set like 3-4 years before that. Did she sound 20 way back in '77 when it was shot? Her voice always sounded old for her age. Like the trashy chick from high school who had smoked since she was 12 and was way more jaded and worldly than any teenager should be.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My assumption would be Alderaan's destruction by a weapon of the Empire was already a very "open" secret since the Emperor had just disbanded the senate and needed to put the smack down. You sort of have to let your imagination fill in the blanks to make any of this shit work anyway, that's part of the fun. (fun that Lucas tried his goddamn best to ruin with the prequels)

And they are able to pull it off with like a dozen ships because (super early Rogue One spoiler/leak/bullshit?)

There's supposedly a character in Rogue One described as Oppenheimer-esque who regrets his role in the creation of the Death Star. So likely the source of the leak.

I'm already doing an /eyeroll if it turns out he designed that exhaust port as an Achilles because of the amount of luck it would take to exploit it.

At least now we can throw out heaps of poorly written crap and replace it with new poorly written crap!

This show is great fun but goddammitsomuch Kanaan just hacked the legs off an AT-AT! That's too easy, man.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
There's supposedly a character in Rogue One described as Oppenheimer-esque who regrets his role in the creation of the Death Star. So likely the source of the leak.

I'm already doing an /eyeroll if it turns out he designed that exhaust port as an Achilles because of the amount of luck it would take to exploit it.
I doubt he's the only engineer working on it. The leak I read was that he was brought in to get the DS working because The Empire had encountered several obstacles in trying to get it built. He's probably put in charge of a team of engineers so he'd have to sneak an Achilles heel past a lot of knowledgeable eyes especially if his change of heart comes late in the process when all of the big problems have been fixed and they're going over the design with a fine toothed comb.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah her dialogue was spot on, think he was complaining mainly about the voice. Would have been funny if she called Zeb a walking carpet.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck is the point of a wing spinning like a helicopter in the middle of space.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You aren't supposed to question these things, because otherwise you start to question more important things like why don't you just turn to any orientation and hyperjump instead of being limited to only one precise direction which leads your enemies straight to your fleet.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
But that's been answered. If you jump in random directions there's a chance you will jump into a sun or black hole or something deadly like that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except considering how vast interstellar distance really is, and the mildly three dimensional nature of the galaxy, it would be pretty easy to draw a straight line from any point in the galaxy to any other point in the galaxy without even coming close to another star system. Which is why you just can't really think about it too hard.

Malakriss

You don't need to go 14 parsecs or even to the next star system, you literally only have to go far enough to get out of danger and not tip off where your fleet/base is.

My understanding is that "hyperspace routes" are simply the confirmed safe trajectories between star systems, but if you're going to die like a chump a random 1 light year bounce is not much of a risk.

Malakriss

MAJOR spoiler: future cameo (rumored)
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/ru...bels-chistory/
I know this one is going make some people heavily doubt the accuracy of the report, but the Expanded Universe is making its way back in to the canon of Star Wars. There is some truth to legends and I think we're about to learn that truth for one classic Star Wars character. I have reason to believe this rumor has serious legs.

I have heard that in Season 3 of Star Wars Rebels we will be introduced to none other than the original blue guy himself, Grand Admiral Thrawn from Heir to the Empire. From the sound of things, we're going to see Thrawn as the tactical genius of capital starship warfare he was to Expanded Universe readers in the '90s. However, this time he will be using his evil brand of genius against the the heroes of the starship Ghost.