Star Wars : Rogue One

Fadaar

That guy
Mortis was where The Ones (the father/son/daughter trio) lived. They were divisive episodes that some felt were too weird to feel like part of Star Wars and were just a bunch of force gobbledygook exposition set against a predictable story arc. But some really liked them.

I've never seen anyone say anything positive about that droid arc.

I liked the episodes because they were different. Maybe a little off putting (at first) and the arc did run probably an episode too long. Everything bad in Clone Wars is made up for by the Umbara episodes and the single time we see Palpatine go absolutely apeshit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I liked the episodes because they were different. Maybe a little off putting (at first) and the arc did run probably an episode too long. Everything bad in Clone Wars is made up for by the Umbara episodes and the single time we see Palpatine go absolutely apeshit.

The best part about Sidious showing up on Mandalore was Maul's terrified reaction. Savage is the same brutish 'I aint scared of nothin lets kill this old coot' as always, but Maul is shitting his pants.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I liked the episodes because they were different.

I liked them for that aspect as well. You can tell they designed Mortis to be a self-contained little pocket to give the creative team some freedom and they just took it over the top with the fantasy elements. It was too outlandish to be a direction they should go on any sort of long term basis but it was nice to see them throw such a curveball when they hit so many of the same beats over and over again. And it established some interesting concepts with the force that I could see being used in the future.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The events on Mortis are the dumbest thing that is still canon, and at least a top 5 contender for the dumbest thing in the EU.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Whatever else you wanna say about Sylas' post, he's abso-fucking-lutely right about the Vader scene. I'd probably watch that scene on repeat for 2 hours over watching any of the prequels.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Late to the party, only just now watched R1. My take away from it .. Abrams is a huge faggot hack.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Late to the party, only just now watched R1. My take away from it .. Edwards is a huge faggot hack.
Dude buddy. Gareth Edwards Godzilla directed R1 Abrams had nothing to do with it. I fixed your post cos you would have wanted it that way. RIP solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Im just go glad they devoted time to doing a movie that expands absolutely nothing about the backstory or interesting things in the star wars universe. Seeing a bunch of token characters go through some motions you already know about is so compelling.

We didnt need to know about darth plagueis and how palpatine became his apprentice and then a galactic senator.
We didnt need to know about what yoda, obi won and other jedi did during the period of time between RoTJ and TFA
We didnt need to know about what happened after the ewok rave
We didnt need to know how Dooku ended up becoming a Sith
We didnt want to see an interesting character like Kyle Katarn do cool things

Nah fuck all that or anything else. Just play it safe and rehash shit we already know about. Eat your slop of tie fighters, star destroyers, storm troopers, and xwings.

• 2Solidarity

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This movie ranks somewhere in the middle of the prequels. None of them have any characters that were truly compelling. They both had some cool scenes... Vader in Rogue One, Jango vrs Obi Wan, Darth Maul. Character wise they had nothing even remotely close to any of the main characters in the original trilogy. Force Awakens is ahead of everything but the original trilogy imo. R1 and all the prequels were forgettable.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I spent $27 on pizza and wings last night just to debate it. Technically now it would be $47.

Still would be worth it. You said you like sci-fi. It's a good sci-fi movie even if you get butthurt over the lack of jedi.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
After a second viewing, months later with fresh eyes, without the initial excitement and trepidation, I like it even more. Decent scifi movie judging without any Star Warsness or expectations, judging as a guy who has never seen this world before. Great direction, good characters, Forest Whitaker did not phone it in for once. All of the main players, Oberyn Martell, Jyn Erso, droid had some great lines, blind dude was my favorite. Main criticism is cgi Tarkin and Leia, still admirable how they pulled it off given current tech. It's the most adult and character driven Star Wars film to date. Solid 7/10. Jedha City destruction sequence was ace. Not sure if Rogue One or Force Awakens is better. Both are different, FA is traditional while Rogue One is more original even with its high nostalgic shit. The ending was fantastic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user